[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Atlanta again!
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/5/2016  10:45 PM
mreinman wrote:is it me or does everybody see how important rolo is to this team and the intangibles that he brings? This guy is not going anywhere.

He is our enforcer, our lane protector, takes 2-3 guys to box him out on offensive rebounds. Our best pick setter by miles. He is also becoming a better passer each game.

He played great tonight. Pissed off a ton of the Hawks.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/5/2016  10:46 PM
Loved this game. The way we Atlanta came back was scary, but it was also us not respecting their 3 point shooting. Needed to close out on their open bigs more. Outside of that, this was a very good game.

Fisher's 9 man rotation has totally transformed this team. The last 2 games this team has looked like a legitimate top 5 Eastern Conference team. Now Afflalo has been overplayed and playing way over his head, so I expect him to come down to earth a bit - but Melo OTOH has shot the ball poorly. So it should even out hopefully (When AA comes back down, Melo's hopefully gonna raise his shot).

Props to Melo as well, really good team game from him. The efforts have been there before from him, but now we're seeing them truly be maximized. Tonight Atlanta paid dearly for trying to double him or crowd him early.

Porzingis also with a big game. 15.5 points 9 rebounds in his last 2 games.

dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

1/5/2016  10:47 PM
17 wins just like last year only better
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

SocraticBallin22 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:It's so dumb that jose is in there...shroeder is just blowing right by him on every possession...stupidity by Fish

What's that??

Watch the last 5 Atlanta possessions and watch jose get burned every time leading to a foul or easy basket

I don't need to watch it i watch every game from beginning to end and Jose has been playing very well lately. The whole world knows that Jose isn't great on defense that's why there's this thing called help defense like a few plays ago when Schroeder got by Jose AA picked him up.

Jose really has been playing well and his defense is not that much worse than Gallo and Grant right now.

He's been playing much better offensively looking for his shot and his defense is still atrocious. Let's be real.

he has been playing better on defense too but not a good defender. Gallo and Grant were getting killed on picks.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

Yo...we beat a playoff team back to back in their arena bitches!!!! Playoffs? Playoffs? Did somebody say playoffs????
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
crzymdups wrote:Melo 23pts 11rebs 7ast 2blks

KP 17pts 11rebs 1blk

AAA 23pts 7rebs 4ast

HUGE!!! It's GREAT production from the core starters!!!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/5/2016  10:48 PM
F@ck the Hawks. No way I can go to sleep now.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/5/2016  10:49 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:I want someone to tell me what KP told Bazemore when he looked down on him and got in his face? Best quote wins a prize.

hahahahahhahahaha....Knicks fans behind Hawks newsmen at the game

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nyknickzingis

1/5/2016  10:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2016  10:49 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:is it me or does everybody see how important rolo is to this team and the intangibles that he brings? This guy is not going anywhere.

He is our enforcer, our lane protector, takes 2-3 guys to box him out on offensive rebounds. Our best pick setter by miles. He is also becoming a better passer each game.

He played great tonight. Pissed off a ton of the Hawks.

This is what I was alluding to in the RLO/Afflalo threads. Neither guy is paid or expected to be a star, but they fill their role down to the T. Even Calderon. It's other areas where we are lacking. But in terms of what they bring, we know exactly what it'll be and they try to do so on a nightly basis. RLO is the best example of that. He brings it almost every night. I have never loved his game or hated it. He's been growing on me more and more. Since Fisher FINALLY has gone to the Lopez/Porzingis only at C rotation, both guys have looked more valuable and in rhythm. By sitting out one for long stretches he was killing their rhythm.

RLO has been worth every penny NY signed him for. He's also a very, very tradable player in a big trade assuming it ever comes up.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

nyknickzingis wrote:Loved this game. The way we Atlanta came back was scary, but it was also us not respecting their 3 point shooting. Needed to close out on their open bigs more. Outside of that, this was a very good game.

Fisher's 9 man rotation has totally transformed this team. The last 2 games this team has looked like a legitimate top 5 Eastern Conference team. Now Afflalo has been overplayed and playing way over his head, so I expect him to come down to earth a bit - but Melo OTOH has shot the ball poorly. So it should even out hopefully (When AA comes back down, Melo's hopefully gonna raise his shot).

Props to Melo as well, really good team game from him. The efforts have been there before from him, but now we're seeing them truly be maximized. Tonight Atlanta paid dearly for trying to double him or crowd him early.

They played the starters a lot of minutes tonight though. If Melo gets hurt the season goes down the tubes

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:This game to me is more impressive than the last game against the Hawks. This feels like a playoffs game. Last game felt a little flukey with Afflalo going bananas.

this was huge.

Afflalo had 4 assists. Perhaps we have a new afflalo. Loved Lopez out there. he is our glue.

Melo is a new player though he needs to refrain from reverting in the 4th quarter. What Melo has done that has impressed me most is his defense. It has not been good, it has been GREAT!

As bad as he was offensively late, some his fault and some just dumb offensive stagnation because of a lack of creators, he had several clutch moments defensively.

Another all around good game.

The knicks need to do more back door cuts like Jose did and Gallo did when Jose was in trouble. Teams know the triangle principles and the knicks are making it easier because they are doing their secondary cuts. Players(including Melo) have to move. Melo needs to roll for the lob when he is over pressured and move through and not just re-post. Lopez/KP needs to flash quickly to create some high low action to help Melo/Afflalo when players overplay them. They can just wait for Melo to point it out to him like he does in the past.

Also, Fisher needs to stop the Melo high PnR and just let Lopez do what he is best at if they want to go PnR heavy late.

nixluva
USA
There's a bunch of Knicks fans behind the Hawks post game announcers! Classic! 😈
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/5/2016  10:50 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Loved this game. The way we Atlanta came back was scary, but it was also us not respecting their 3 point shooting. Needed to close out on their open bigs more. Outside of that, this was a very good game.

They played the starters a lot of minutes tonight though. If Melo gets hurt the season goes down the tubes

Yeah, drawback of tonight's win is that the starters are almost guaranteed to come out flat against the Heat tomorrow.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
1/5/2016  10:50 PM
CrushAlot wrote:F@ck the Hawks. No way I can go to sleep now.

Feels great don't it! Ha HAAAAAAAAA! I'm pumped by this win and how the team is playing!!!

blkexec
Member: #748
1/5/2016  10:52 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:I want someone to tell me what KP told Bazemore when he looked down on him and got in his face? Best quote wins a prize.

hahahahahhahahaha....Knicks fans behind Hawks newsmen at the game

Thats why it's so important to the NBA for the knicks to have a good team. Knick fans are everywhere!

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nyknickzingis

1/5/2016  10:53 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

That's only because they were playing an EC contender, a top 4 team that won 60 games last year. If this were a more typical game, the other 4 guys would get more of a run. We definitely need a go to scorer off the bench or to possibly bring Afflalo off the bench (Start Gallo).

Melo's in his prime being paid 3 starters equivalent money, and he has to play big minutes if the Knicks want to be a good/competitive team this year. You earn that much, you gotta carry that much of the load. I'm hoping Phil is seeing the areas where he can add some help. DWill has been very good, but we need someone more reliable, a veteran with more of a consistent shot off the bench.

Malcolm
Member: #6131

1/5/2016  10:54 PM
Williams extends his lead over Porzingis for 2nd most FT attempts per game . . .
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/5/2016  10:54 PM
17 wins and we are 5 games away from being half way through the season...Good stuff.
The Future is Bright!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/5/2016  10:55 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

That's only because they were playing an EC contender, a top 4 team that won 60 games last year. If this were a more typical game, the other 4 guys would get more of a run. We definitely need a go to scorer off the bench or to possibly bring Afflalo off the bench (Start Gallo).

Melo's in his prime being paid 3 starters equivalent money, and he has to play big minutes if the Knicks want to be a good/competitive team this year. You earn that much, you gotta carry that much of the load. I'm hoping Phil is seeing the areas where he can add some help. DWill has been very good, but we need someone more reliable, a veteran with more of a consistent shot off the bench.

Melo will be fired up for the Heat. The team maybe tired though.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/5/2016  10:56 PM
Malcolm wrote:Williams extends his lead over Porzingis for 2nd most FT attempts per game . . .

but you know some of his FTs came from fouls away from the basket...he was doing nothing and the dumb hawks defender fouled him lol.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Atlanta again!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy