Hawks mid afternoon game 3:30pm
Author Thread
knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
1/3/2016  7:11 PM
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:This is the Jerian we expected!!! Playing smart head up and making smart passes to hot teammates.

Happy to see that he played well.

He did considering his game has taken a dive quite a bit. The one thing that stood out is he was looking to drive. the was one moment where I thought it wouldnt well, when he drove left off a screen set for him and he took on 4 Hawks defenders that sucked in towards him. he still managed to get the layup up and in, but I admit I was looking for a kick out there since he literally had 4 wide open teammates, but that play worked out.

Also besides looking for hot teammates which is obvious, he also knew Melo wasnt having a Melo game and saw him down low and fed him a nice lob.

Grant just played his style of game and it worked. I do think he missed his threes so he obviously got some work there.

AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/3/2016  7:16 PM
knickscity wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:This is the Jerian we expected!!! Playing smart head up and making smart passes to hot teammates.

He did considering his game has taken a dive quite a bit. The one thing that stood out is he was looking to drive. the was one moment where I thought it wouldnt well, when he drove left off a screen set for him and he took on 4 Hawks defenders that sucked in towards him. he still managed to get the layup up and in, but I admit I was looking for a kick out there since he literally had 4 wide open teammates, but that play worked out.

Also besides looking for hot teammates which is obvious, he also knew Melo wasnt having a Melo game and saw him down low and fed him a nice lob.

Grant just played his style of game and it worked. I do think he missed his threes so he obviously got some work there.

Thats great. He should continue playing his style of play while, like Nix said, should play more confidently and aggressively when his game just isn't working out.

The Future is Bright!
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

1/3/2016  7:24 PM
mreinman wrote:does anybody have a valid box score? They all seem to still be way off.

Nah, it's just that we won. Box score can be confusing when that happens.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/3/2016  7:52 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:does anybody have a valid box score? They all seem to still be way off.

Something happened with the official scorer during the second quarter. So all of the boxscores right now do not reflect the second quarter correctly.

They alluded to it on the broadcast, but wouldn't go into detail... probably didn't want to get the guy fired!

They posted what looks like the right box on NBA.com... though it is saying Afflalo had 40!

http://www.nba.com/games/20160103/ATLNYK/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nba:scoreboard

¿ △ ?
mreinman
Member: #3189

1/3/2016  7:55 PM
crzymdups wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Something happened with the official scorer during the second quarter. So all of the boxscores right now do not reflect the second quarter correctly.

They alluded to it on the broadcast, but wouldn't go into detail... probably didn't want to get the guy fired!

They posted what looks like the right box on NBA.com... though it is saying Afflalo had 40!

lopez with 17 points (on only 10 shots), 11 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 blocks

so here is what phil is thinking ....
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/3/2016  8:07 PM
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

they changed it to 16 points and lowered Afflalo back to 38. so weird.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/3/2016  8:41 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

they changed it to 16 points and lowered Afflalo back to 38. so weird.

Those were the numbers Hahn gave during the post game show.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/3/2016  9:25 PM
RoLo seems to be learning to take more advantage of teams that play with smaller centers. He gets deep in the paint and hits those hooks. He's also using a big drop step swim move. The more comfortable he gets the better.
Kemet
Member: #6148

1/3/2016  9:33 PM
knickscity wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Grant is our best transition PG on offense n defense, as a rookie he will have his raw moments when going against top NBA PG .. I wish Grant would stop following some of his idiot teammates n stop shooting the 3-ball, its not a part of his game yet. Grant rookie performance should be workin on all his creative passing-skills with teammates n counting every second on the shot clock.

Grant DNP had a lot to do with Melo not liking the idea of rookie PG leading the point.
I was actually surprise to see Melo on the court with Grant tonight.
It was Grant, Gallo, and Lance energy that always pickup the tempo of the 2nd unit to outscore opponents

CrushAlot
USA
1/3/2016  9:51 PM
Kemet wrote:
knickscity wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Grant is our best transition PG on offense n defense, as a rookie he will have his raw moments when going against top NBA PG .. I wish Grant would stop following some of his idiot teammates n stop shooting the 3-ball, its not a part of his game yet. Grant rookie performance should be workin on all his creative passing-skills with teammates n counting every second on the shot clock.

Grant DNP had a lot to do with Melo not liking the idea of rookie PG leading the point.
It was Grant, Gallo, and Lance energy that always pickup the tempo of the 2nd unit to outscore opponents

Where is this information coming from?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/3/2016  10:39 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Kemet wrote:
knickscity wrote:
TPercy wrote:

he made it up

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
USA
1/3/2016  11:13 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Kemet wrote:
knickscity wrote:
TPercy wrote:

he made it up

Ok. Thanks
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/3/2016  11:20 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:Fisher does not deserve any praise for tonight's game, this is the first time all season he has motivated his team to come out and compete for 48 minutes. I want to see a lot more of that. The rotation was somewhat better tonight

Are you 12?

I noticed something tonight --- Fisher coaches better when the players play well. Wow - what a revelation.

LivingLegend

1/3/2016  11:23 PM
We are better off with AA getting 14-18 every night -- need him to be more consistent 2nd option.
LivingLegend

1/3/2016  11:26 PM
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

He's a force when he is active -- has issues when passive both offensively / defensively.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/4/2016  8:02 AM
Grant looked really good.

Rolo was good.

AA was on fire.

The team can play well even if Carmelo is not on. Good signs.

mreinman

1/4/2016  10:15 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

He's a force when he is active -- has issues when passive both offensively / defensively.

he never coasts. When he is not looking active, either something is broken, we are running zero PnR's, or he is forced to guard a stretch big and getting burned.

Also, for Lopez to be valuable, the knicks have to stretch the floor and hit shots.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/4/2016  1:39 PM
Guys...the most dangerous player on the Hawks team for us is one who got a DNP-CD last night... Dennis Schroeder.
NONE of our guards can stay in front of him... He'll be back Tuesday. Let's see Fisher's coaching then.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/4/2016  2:56 PM
Shcroeder has 2 DNP-CD's in a row. He is in the doghouse.
mreinman

1/4/2016  2:58 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Shcroeder has 2 DNP-CD's in a row. He is in the doghouse.

dude can't shoot a lick

Hawks mid afternoon game 3:30pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy