[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks @ Bulls...lets start the new year off right!
Author Thread
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

1/1/2016  8:41 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:legit question: why did it take 11 minutes for D Will to come into the game when the starters got behind by 17?

And...why was Seraphin--who has been out of the rotation-- off the bench first before D Will playing KOQ and him together--something Fish has not done all season.

Truly mind-boggling.

Some around here are not too happy when I bring these facts up

You have yet to ever present facts but your posts are funny to read so please keep them coming. Lol
AUTOADVERT
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

1/1/2016  8:42 PM
knickscity wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:legit question: why did it take 11 minutes for D Will to come into the game when the starters got behind by 17?

And...why was Seraphin--who has been out of the rotation-- off the bench first before D Will playing KOQ and him together--something Fish has not done all season.

Truly mind-boggling.

30 games in Fisher is still searching for his rotation. But it would seem like common sense that if you fall behind AND your scoring starter just got pulled for picking up early fouls, put in an instant scorer.

Coming off the 4th quarter D Will had last game where he was dominant, once the team fell way behind early, he would have been the first guy off my bench (call me crazy).

newyorker4ever

1/1/2016  8:43 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Guys...it just sucks that our team is out-coached night in and night out putting us at a constant disadvantage.

Have you ever thought that we just don't have a good team?? Because that is a big part of the reason why we look silly out there. That and Fisher is still learning how to be a head coach.

Knicks1969
Member: #5915

nixluva wrote:

And...why was Seraphin--who has been out of the rotation--get off the bench first before D Will playing KOQ and him together--something Fish has not done all season.

Truly mind-boggling.

Seraphin was in to try and match up with Gasol. KP foul trouble likely changed the rotation.

He matched up alright

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
knickscity wrote:

Truly mind-boggling.

30 games in Fisher is still searching for his rotation. But it would seem like common sense that if you fall behind AND your scoring starter just got pulled for picking up early fouls, put in an instant scorer.

Coming off the 4th quarter D Will had last game where he was dominant, once the team fell way behind early, he would have been the first guy off my bench (call me crazy).

Mine too, he's literally instant offense. Defensively he needs work, but in reality most of the team does.
ScoreBot
1/1/2016  8:44 PM
2Q - 8:30
CHI 39 NYK 27
newyorker4ever

knickscity wrote:

Truly mind-boggling.

It's like some on here just started watching basketball and don't even know what kind of player DW is and always has been. LOL

blkexec
Member: #748
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:Knicks just have to grind this out. They were sleep walking to start but they have to pick it up. The Bulls are not offensive juggernauts.

No...they were ready. Had plenty of days off, and prepared for this matchup. It's our starting 5 thats the real problem. Too many slow foot players on the floor at one time. Pretty much the entire starting 5 have slow feet.....So their reaction time on defense is going to be slow......and they have nobody in the starting 5 that can create his own shot or penetrate. So the offense will struggle and the defense will struggle, against most NBA teams. This has been a glaring issue since day one.....But it's going to take more slow starts like today b4 Fisher makes any changes.

The starters have played better than that before. It was mostly about missing most of their shots. If they made their shots it wouldn't have been such a big lead.

It's always the athletic matchups that gives up problems. The less athletic a starting 5 is, the better we look....And our shots go down, becasue of slower defense against us. So it's always matchups. My issue is majority of the NBA starting lineups have more athletes and speed than us....So for the most part, we have been and continue to dig ourselves out of a hole. Take out one of the slow players and install a quicker player, we would have better starts overall.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
SocraticBallin22

1/1/2016  8:45 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Guys...it just sucks that our team is out-coached night in and night out putting us at a constant disadvantage.

Have you ever thought that we just don't have a good team?? Because that is a big part of the reason why we look silly out there. That and Fisher is still learning how to be a head coach.

That's the problem. We don't have a good team; we have a mediocre team, which makes it more difficult to compete and pull out close games, and that's when a good coach (and his decisions) can win you a few more games rather than lose them all like Fish does.

Knicks1969
Member: #5915

knickscity wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
knickscity wrote:

Truly mind-boggling.

Mine too, he's literally instant offense. Defensively he needs work, but in reality most of the team does.

He would have been mine too

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
KP FINALLY USES THE HOOK!
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
left hand mini hook by kp... impressive
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mase14
Member: #1622

1/1/2016  8:47 PM
And DWill gets to in line
He should've been the first person off the bench
dk7th
USA
1/1/2016  8:47 PM
damn kp gotta hit that jumper over gibson
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
ScoreBot
1/1/2016  8:48 PM
2Q - 6:14
CHI 46 NYK 33
dk7th
USA
1/1/2016  8:48 PM
finally some ball movement but a weird ending to the possession with a corner shot from melo.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/1/2016  8:49 PM
KP holding back due to his 2 fouls. It's smart at this point in the game.
newyorker4ever

SocraticBallin22 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

That's the problem. We don't have a good team; we have a mediocre team, which makes it more difficult to compete and pull out close games, and that's when a good coach (and his decisions) can win you a few more games rather than lose them all like Fish does.

It's a players league my man, haven't you learned that yet?? I can give you many examples if you's like but i really don't feel like it.
SocraticBallin22

blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:Knicks just have to grind this out. They were sleep walking to start but they have to pick it up. The Bulls are not offensive juggernauts.

No...they were ready. Had plenty of days off, and prepared for this matchup. It's our starting 5 thats the real problem. Too many slow foot players on the floor at one time. Pretty much the entire starting 5 have slow feet.....So their reaction time on defense is going to be slow......and they have nobody in the starting 5 that can create his own shot or penetrate. So the offense will struggle and the defense will struggle, against most NBA teams. This has been a glaring issue since day one.....But it's going to take more slow starts like today b4 Fisher makes any changes.

The starters have played better than that before. It was mostly about missing most of their shots. If they made their shots it wouldn't have been such a big lead.

It's always the athletic matchups that gives up problems. The less athletic a starting 5 is, the better we look....And our shots go down, becasue of slower defense against us. So it's always matchups. My issue is majority of the NBA starting lineups have more athletes and speed than us....So for the most part, we have been and continue to dig ourselves out of a hole. Take out one of the slow players and install a quicker player, we would have better starts overall.

You are spot on. I have been crying for a month now to change the starting lineup. It's too slow and unathletic and we are always falling behind early in games, but Fish's stubbornness and lack of creativity prevents this from happening.

blkexec
Member: #748
1/1/2016  8:50 PM
dk7th wrote:left hand mini hook by kp... impressive

Yep....but terrible defense with 2 fouls. As he gets more experience, he will realize how to block shots without fouling, like he could've done in that last possesion.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Game Thread: Knicks @ Bulls...lets start the new year off right!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy