[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Detroit tonight!
Author Thread
Malcolm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6131

12/29/2015  8:41 PM
nixluva wrote:I think we'd be ahead of Detroit with a good young PG. I was hoping Jerian would've outplayed Jose and took over but that just never developed and you can see Jerian lacks confidence. He's passing up shots and missing lay ups. ALL MENTAL

It's a disappointment. Grant sounded real good coming out of the draft: family history (for IQ), size, success at Notre Dame . . .
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/29/2015  8:42 PM
Malcolm wrote:
nixluva wrote:I think we'd be ahead of Detroit with a good young PG. I was hoping Jerian would've outplayed Jose and took over but that just never developed and you can see Jerian lacks confidence. He's passing up shots and missing lay ups. ALL MENTAL

It's a disappointment. Grant sounded real good coming out of the draft: family history (for IQ), size, success at Notre Dame . . .

It takes young PGs a while to adjust to the speed and pace of the league. Grant has the added struggle of trying to run an anti-PG system in the Triangle.

Don't write off Jerian just yet. I think he'll be fine eventually.

¿ △ ?
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

12/29/2015  8:43 PM
Malcolm wrote:

he is used to running a modern style of pick and roll play...

The Future is Bright!
Malcolm

Just a reminder: Drummond is averaging 18 points and 16 rebounds. Sheeesh . . .
Kemet
Member: #6148

Our preseason 2nd unit lineup deserve 10 minutes on the court rather than the 6 minutes in the first half .. Fisher gets a double-minus for the first half coaching.
Malcolm

12/29/2015  8:45 PM
crzymdups wrote:[Grant has the added struggle of trying to run an anti-PG system in the Triangle.

But that's where his expected IQ was supposed to make him a plus . . .
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

I've seen enough....we need to re-sign Tina.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
TPercy wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

That's fine but he's wide open and passing up shots only to force up bad lay ups. That has nothing to do with system and is all on him as a player.

TPercy

crzymdups wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

It takes young PGs a while to adjust to the speed and pace of the league. Grant has the added struggle of trying to run an anti-PG system in the Triangle.

+1 he is really talented, we just need to hope he can adapt to a different system of play while getting used to the league.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

12/29/2015  8:47 PM
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

That's fine but he's wide open and passing up shots only to force up bad lay ups. That has nothing to do with system and is all on him as a player.

yeah he is not playing well. im just saying a different system can impact thst

The Future is Bright!
Malcolm

12/29/2015  8:48 PM
OMG . . . I just noticed that Steve Blake is on the Pistons bench. Is he still in the NBA (?)
nixluva
USA
Kemet wrote:Our preseason 2nd unit lineup deserve 10 minutes on the court rather than the 6 minutes in the first half .. Fisher gets a double-minus for the first half coaching.

The real problem is tons of misses on point blank shots right at the rim. It's been a problem all season. They make more of those gimme lay ups they're up big right now.

SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

Another thing I don't like from Fish...when the 2nd unit is playing well--regardless of how well they're playing--he will always pull them with 6 minutes left in the 2nd for the starters. For instance tonight, the 2nd unit built a lead and were playing really well anchored by KOQ not missing a shot, and the entire unit was replaced at the 6 minute mark. I would have ridden KOQ and Grant for longer. You don't have to be mechanical with subs.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/29/2015  8:49 PM
The more I've seen Lopez/Porzingis play lately, the more I like. They're slowly getting better at being together. The key is who is at 3, 2 and 1 with them. With Calderon being so slow, it really hurts us. Afflalo's no spring chicken either. Melo's in physical decline. Need at least 1 young athlete in there, preferably 2 at the perimeter. When Ilyasova was hurting us in that 1st half it was on Porzingis usually having to cover for slow perimeter players and then recovering. Ilyasova is a tough match up for KP anyway, but still our perimeter speed is way too slow for KP/Lopez.
Malcolm

12/29/2015  8:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2015  8:51 PM
nixluva wrote:The real problem is tons of misses on point blank shots right at the rim. It's been a problem all season. They make more of those gimme lay ups they're up big right now.

I wonder what the psychology or physiology of that might be. Just not mentally or physically warm and loose and relaxed (?)
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/29/2015  8:51 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Another thing I don't like from Fish...when the 2nd unit is playing well--regardless of how well they're playing--he will always pull them with 6 minutes left in the 2nd for the starters. For instance tonight, the 2nd unit built a lead and were playing really well anchored by KOQ not missing a shot, and the entire unit was replaced at the 6 minute mark. I would have ridden KOQ and Grant for longer. You don't have to be mechanical with subs.

By FAR his biggest weakness as coach. Nothing else is really that bad IMO, and he has some strengths (leadership, calm, consistent).
Kemet
Member: #6148

crzymdups wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

All he need is to build up confidence in his shooting and set up his driving to the lane with teammate Quinn to box-out his man for a clear lane. Grant defense is a MUST neeed

blkexec
Member: #748
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Another thing I don't like from Fish...when the 2nd unit is playing well--regardless of how well they're playing--he will always pull them with 6 minutes left in the 2nd for the starters. For instance tonight, the 2nd unit built a lead and were playing really well anchored by KOQ not missing a shot, and the entire unit was replaced at the 6 minute mark. I would have ridden KOQ and Grant for longer. You don't have to be mechanical with subs.

Have you ever been a rookie head coach of a professional franchise?

It's not easy....Initially, everything will be mechanical. Lets hope he's learning on job....Thats all we can do.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nixluva
USA
12/29/2015  8:52 PM
I like KP being aggressive
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/29/2015  8:52 PM
Nice shot by KP. Would like to see a lot more of those mid-range Js from the high post.
¿ △ ?
Detroit tonight!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy