fitzfarm wrote:
Kemet wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
blkexec wrote:
ScoreBot wrote:
4Q - 3:15
NYK 100 DET 87

I sound like a broken record....but I said this should be the starting unit from the beginning of the season, with KP off the bench. We would've been in the playoff hunt from the very beginning. KP and Grant would've developed together off the bench running PnR plays.

Jose
AA or LT
D.Will
Melo
Rolo

No way, KP has been instrumental in so many Knick wins early on and is still a major factor on D, an area where DWill is a huge ???
The problem has been Fisher hasn't used Williams enough off the bench - instead has even used Quinn at 4, instead of DWill. To their credit part of it was to get DWill to play harder and better on D which he has been. I've been really impressed. But this should be our rotation IMO - the exact same we saw tonight maybe minus Quinn at backup 5, maybe slide Zinger there.

Lopez/Porzingis/Quinn
Porzingis/Williams
Melo/Thomas
Afflalo/Galloway
Calderon/Galloway

What makes you think KP off the bench will not be an impact player? Did D.Will start today? Wasn't he instrumental?

KP is not a NBA starter or Closer, maybe after he has a year experience .. D.Will athleticism has always been a SF in the NBA, dumb-dumb coaches has been using him as a PF

I hear you but I respectfully disagree... KP needs to know he is the future of not just the Knicks but the NBA.... It's like if the pelicans brought Anthony Davis off the bench as a rookie . It just doesn't make sense... He didn't really match up well vs the Pistons I think that's why fish didn't bring him back in .

Roster moves isn't always about one person.....Eventhough KP at PF can not keep up with majority of the PF's in the NBA.

But if D.Will was in the starting lineup, we would have to continue to dig ourselves out of these holes. D.Will allows the starters to play in their natural position, especially Melo at PF.

LT at SG works against any team in the NBA. LT plays 3 positions very well.....Especially the 2 and 3
D.Will at SF works with any NBA team.
Melo at PF is his best position, as he enters his retirement age.

KP is not a PF....Just because he's too thin to play Center, doesn't mean he's a fit at PF. KP is a center in todays games......In the 90's KP can get away with playing PF. But keep in mind, Melo's best position is also PF. KP should be groomed to play center not PF.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
AUTOADVERT
Malcolm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6131

12/29/2015  10:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2015  10:28 PM
blkexec wrote:D.Will allows the starters to play in their natural position, especially Melo at PF.

LT at SG works against any team in the NBA. LT plays 3 positions very well.....Especially the 2 and 3

KP is not a PF....Just because he's too thin to play Center, doesn't mean he's a fit at PF. KP is a center in todays games......In the 90's KP can get away with playing PF. But keep in mind, Melo's best position is also PF. KP should be groomed to play center not PF.

But still a problem at PG . . . right (?)
blkexec
Member: #748
12/29/2015  10:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2015  10:34 PM
Malcolm wrote:
blkexec wrote:D.Will allows the starters to play in their natural position, especially Melo at PF.

Yes....but that problem isn't as obvious with a few roster changes. D.Will not only adds more easy buckets, he gets to the line and keeps the offense from looking stagnant. That offsets the PG issues, which is a well known issue by Phil, which is why he stuck with old Jose for now. He needs the right PG for his triangle, and was hopping Jose can be the bandaid until the PG position is permanently filled. Grant suppose to be the lead PG of the future, but his development is slow....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/29/2015  10:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2015  10:35 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Great coaching by Fish in that 2nd half. His best sub pattern of the season. 3 man guard rotation in the 2nd half as well. We have no choice against these teams. Not at all a coincidence to me that improved play came as Fish tightened his rotation. This team isn't deep or talented enough to beat top 10 teams in the league going 10 deep.

Have to admit that coaching in the NBA is tough: you don't play the same KIND of team every night . . .

Some teams are good for one reason. Other teams are good for another reason . ..

^THIS.

This is what the people who ask for the same exact minutes for every player every night don't seem to understand.

You play the matchups - you respond to the other team.

Its not about playing guys the same minutes every night. Its giving the players who are currently on the floor a chance to gel. There are too many instances where Fisher was messing with a good thing. I dont know how many substitutions there were tonight versus the last few games, but there seemed to be less. Fisher didnt resort to hockey style substitutions tonight, lots of players subbing in and out. The starters were playing longer together with Fisher subbing a player here and there when necessary.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/29/2015  10:36 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Great coaching by Fish in that 2nd half. His best sub pattern of the season. 3 man guard rotation in the 2nd half as well. We have no choice against these teams. Not at all a coincidence to me that improved play came as Fish tightened his rotation. This team isn't deep or talented enough to beat top 10 teams in the league going 10 deep.

Have to admit that coaching in the NBA is tough: you don't play the same KIND of team every night . . .

Some teams are good for one reason. Other teams are good for another reason . ..

^THIS.

This is what the people who ask for the same exact minutes for every player every night don't seem to understand.

Its not about playing guys the same minutes every night. Its giving the players who are currently on the floor a chance to gel. There are too many instances where Fisher was messing with a good thing. I dont know how many substitutions there were tonight versus the last few games, but there seemed to be less. Fisher didnt resort to hockey style substitutions tonight, lots of players subbing in and out. The starters were playing longer together with Fisher subbing a player here and there when necessary.

Agree with this. It is a learning process. Learning who plays well and when to run with a guy and when to pull him. Hindsight is 20/20 and we fans get a lot of that. I think Fisher is getting better at this part of the coaching.

I have more of an issue with his play calling and Xs and Os than roster/minutes management.

¿ △ ?
Kemet
Member: #6148

12/29/2015  10:39 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Kemet wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
blkexec wrote:
ScoreBot wrote:
NYK 100 DET 87

I sound like a broken record....but I said this should be the starting unit from the beginning of the season, with KP off the bench. We would've been in the playoff hunt from the very beginning. KP and Grant would've developed together off the bench running PnR plays.

Jose
AA or LT
D.Will
Melo
Rolo

No way, KP has been instrumental in so many Knick wins early on and is still a major factor on D, an area where DWill is a huge ???
The problem has been Fisher hasn't used Williams enough off the bench - instead has even used Quinn at 4, instead of DWill. To their credit part of it was to get DWill to play harder and better on D which he has been. I've been really impressed. But this should be our rotation IMO - the exact same we saw tonight maybe minus Quinn at backup 5, maybe slide Zinger there.

Lopez/Porzingis/Quinn
Porzingis/Williams
Melo/Thomas
Afflalo/Galloway
Calderon/Galloway

What makes you think KP off the bench will not be an impact player? Did D.Will start today? Wasn't he instrumental?

KP is not a NBA starter or Closer, maybe after he has a year experience .. D.Will athleticism has always been a SF in the NBA, dumb-dumb coaches has been using him as a PF

I hear you but I respectfully disagree... KP needs to know he is the future of not just the Knicks but the NBA.... It's like if the pelicans brought Anthony Davis off the bench as a rookie . It just doesn't make sense... He didn't really match up well vs the Pistons I think that's why fish didn't bring him back in .

Putting a unexperience rookie KP in the starter lineup instead of veteran teammates Quinn, or D WILL, or Amundson, or Serafin shows what type of celebrity mismanagement the Knicks organization have.
Its bad enough management let Melo call the shots on his playing time, plus shoot n pass when he want to like he's Lebron James. Management already prove their point about the boos on draft night.
Rookie KP should only be getting playingtime minutes in the 2nd and 3rd quarter the first 41 games.
Plus 7.3 KP should be getting few minutes at the center position. Right now KP is our tall (ex-Pacers) Smit
If we wouldve sat D WILL in the 4th qt. and put KP into the game we would've LOST!

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

12/29/2015  10:40 PM

Nice win by NYK

I like Wally Szczerbiak
However it amazes my though on Tonight NY Knick post game
Announcer MSG's Wally Szczerbiak marvels on Knicks D'efense and how its one of best in League
as seen tonight in NY's win.

Best D in league ?
really ?

With Wally's deficiencies such as Defense in NBA since his entry into 1999 NBA draft
you'd figure Wally Z. wouldn't even go there in chats about Defense,

Mr Szczerbiak even gave Knicks coach some praise in defense by Knicks ballclub.
Maybe defense tonight in 3rd & last quarter, but 96 points isn't necessarily top flight nba defense.

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/29/2015  10:41 PM
blkexec wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

Yes....but that problem isn't as obvious with a few roster changes. D.Will not only adds more easy buckets, he gets to the line and keeps the offense from looking stagnant. That offsets the PG issues, which is a well known issue by Phil, which is why he stuck with old Jose for now. He needs the right PG for his triangle, and was hopping Jose can be the bandaid until the PG position is permanently filled. Grant suppose to be the lead PG of the future, but his development is slow....

Great post! Basically if the players execute properly you can get by without a great PG! LT, DWILL and KOQ were great tonight. Hard cuts and good passing is required and they did that tonight.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/29/2015  10:43 PM
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

^THIS.

Agree with this. It is a learning process. Learning who plays well and when to run with a guy and when to pull him. Hindsight is 20/20 and we fans get a lot of that. I think Fisher is getting better at this part of the coaching.

I have more of an issue with his play calling and Xs and Os than roster/minutes management.

Regarding X's and O's, the Knicks scored well on out of bounds plays tonight.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/29/2015  10:43 PM
Kemet wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Kemet wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
blkexec wrote:
ScoreBot wrote:
NYK 100 DET 87

Jose
AA or LT
D.Will
Melo
Rolo

Lopez/Porzingis/Quinn
Porzingis/Williams
Melo/Thomas
Afflalo/Galloway
Calderon/Galloway

Putting a unexperience rookie KP in the starter lineup instead of veteran teammates Quinn, or D WILL, or Amundson, or Serafin shows what type of celebrity mismanagement the Knicks organization have.
Its bad enough management let Melo call the shots on his playing time, plus shoot n pass when he want to like he's Lebron James. Management already prove their point about the boos on draft night.
Rookie KP should only be getting playingtime minutes in the 2nd and 3rd quarter the first 41 games.
Plus 7.3 KP should be getting few minutes at the center position. Right now KP is our tall (ex-Pacers) Smit
If we wouldve sat D WILL in the 4th qt. and put KP into the game we would've LOST!

You lose me once you start talking about your melo theories. That being said, I don't know where Seraphin fits at this point but he definitely doesn't belong in the starting line up. Neither does Lou. I think the knicks are trying to have balance and I think KP plays really well with Rolo and Melo. Maybe his minutes get scaled back but I think he fits in that line up.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/29/2015  10:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2015  10:44 PM
Kemet wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Kemet wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
blkexec wrote:
ScoreBot wrote:
NYK 100 DET 87

Jose
AA or LT
D.Will
Melo
Rolo

Lopez/Porzingis/Quinn
Porzingis/Williams
Melo/Thomas
Afflalo/Galloway
Calderon/Galloway

I love how folks like to extrapolate entire seasons out of one quarter.

KP has been dominant many times this season - 12th in the league in double doubles, 6th in the league in blocks, top 20 in rebounds... as a rookie!

DWill has his third game in double figures on the entire season and guys come out of the woodwork saying we shoulda been starting DWill all season.

Just wait til the next game when DWill goes 1-6 and has 4pts. I guess it'll be fire Fisher time again.

¿ △ ?
blkexec
12/29/2015  11:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2015  11:13 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Kemet wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Kemet wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
blkexec wrote:
ScoreBot wrote:
NYK 100 DET 87

Jose
AA or LT
D.Will
Melo
Rolo

Lopez/Porzingis/Quinn
Porzingis/Williams
Melo/Thomas
Afflalo/Galloway
Calderon/Galloway

KP has been dominant many times this season - 12th in the league in double doubles, 6th in the league in blocks, top 20 in rebounds... as a rookie!

DWill has his third game in double figures on the entire season and guys come out of the woodwork saying we shoulda been starting DWill all season.

Just wait til the next game when DWill goes 1-6 and has 4pts. I guess it'll be fire Fisher time again.

I hear you, but I've said start D.Will before we even played one game. And bring KP off the bench. My main reason then was to allow Melo to play his best position at PF. And allow KP to learn how to play as the main offensive threat, which will be his future role once Melo leaves. He can't learn that playing next to Melo....This was my thought from day one. D.Will brings more intangles to the starting unit, and it would help us get faster starts. Plus he adds more agility and lateral quickness to guard the small ball lineups, which is todays norm.

KP either got burnt off the dribble or gave his man too much room for an open 3....Thats because he's a center playing PF.

blkexec
12/29/2015  11:17 PM
KP and Rolo worked tonight against a half court old school center. But we can not play Detroit every game. Most teams have more athleticism and speed at the Center and PF positions. And this is true for the starters or bench players. The best case is for KP to learn how to play center, and Melo getting his swagger back at PF. For now, Rolo is the starting center because he's strong enough to hold his ground in that triangle offense. I hope Fisher and company proves me wrong.....and continues to start the twin towers.....At least in half court sets, it's not easy scoring over those two.
CrushAlot
USA
12/29/2015  11:34 PM
blkexec wrote:KP and Rolo worked tonight against a half court old school center. But we can not play Detroit every game. Most teams have more athleticism and speed at the Center and PF positions. And this is true for the starters or bench players. The best case is for KP to learn how to play center, and Melo getting his swagger back at PF. For now, Rolo is the starting center because he's strong enough to hold his ground in that triangle offense. I hope Fisher and company proves me wrong.....and continues to start the twin towers.....At least in half court sets, it's not easy scoring over those two.
I don't think KP/Rolo is as flawed as you but KP had a tough time with Illaysosa (sp?.
Kemet
Member: #6148

12/29/2015  11:41 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Kemet wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Kemet wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
blkexec wrote:
ScoreBot wrote:
NYK 100 DET 87

Jose
AA or LT
D.Will
Melo
Rolo

Lopez/Porzingis/Quinn
Porzingis/Williams
Melo/Thomas
Afflalo/Galloway
Calderon/Galloway

Its not about D.Will .. its about building a Knicks team with young n veteran players.
Our 2nd unit bench won this game with big help from Lopez locking-up Drummond from his average 18 pts n 16 rebounds.

Quinn is a PF playing center .. D.Will is a SF playing PF, Lance is a SG playing SF, Serafin is a PF playing center, KP is a center playing PF. KP is getting more playing time on the Knicks then he receive last year in a different league. We been experimenting our players out of their natural position to receive 3 game and 4 game losing streaks.

CrushAlot
USA
12/29/2015  11:48 PM
Kemet wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Kemet wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Kemet wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
blkexec wrote:
ScoreBot wrote:
NYK 100 DET 87

Jose
AA or LT
D.Will
Melo
Rolo

Lopez/Porzingis/Quinn
Porzingis/Williams
Melo/Thomas
Afflalo/Galloway
Calderon/Galloway

Its not about D.Will .. its about building a Knicks team with young n veteran players.
Our 2nd unit bench won this game with big help from Lopez locking-up Drummond from his average 18 pts n 16 rebounds.

Quinn is a PF playing center .. D.Will is a SF playing PF, Lance is a SG playing SF, Serafin is a PF playing center, KP is a center playing PF. KP is getting more playing time on the Knicks then he receive last year in a different league. We been experimenting our players out of their natural position to receive 3 game and 4 game losing streaks.

Do you think O'Quinn can cover stretch fours? I just don't see that working out well. Lance is 6'9 and versatile. He is similar to Jeffries with offense. I like him because he can play the 3/4 with Melo and DWill. Playing the 2 is a bonus but I don't see it as his primary position. I also can't see Seraphin doing well against stretch fours. KP has the perimeter game of a stretch four. He plays with a traditional center and that allows him a lot of freedom. He may end up as a center and line ups where he is at the 5 and melo at the 4 are intriguing but I think he fits really well with Rolo/Melo in the front court.
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/30/2015  12:09 AM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Love the 6 blocks by ROLO against Drummond, although I still think Andre took some Queloids before the game.

oh you mean the quaalude/steroid ****tail? yeah it's common knowledge.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/30/2015  12:48 AM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:D Will making the case to be a starter after this game...

lets not go overboard

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

12/30/2015  1:05 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:D Will making the case to be a starter after this game...

lets not go overboard

D Will can do things no one else on the roster can do--mainly slash to the basket, finish at the rim and get to the line. He also excels in the fast break and up tempo. Guess you enjoy watching our geriatric slow starting lineup of KP, ROLO and Calderon walk the ball up the court to telegraph the triangle.

CrushAlot
USA
12/30/2015  1:10 AM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

lets not go overboard

D Will can do things no one else on the roster can do--mainly slash to the basket, finish at the rim and get to the line. He also excels in the fast break and up tempo. Guess you enjoy watching our geriatric slow starting lineup of KP, ROLO and Calderon walk the ball up the court to telegraph the triangle.

KP and Rolo certainly aren't geriatric and I think they are executing the offense the coach wants them to. DWill isn't going to take Jose's place. I think the Knicks bench squad plays an uptempo style and that suits the players that come off the bench.
Detroit tonight!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy