[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Detroit tonight!
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

12/29/2015  10:11 PM
fitzfarm wrote:The only thing I wanted more of is KP ... But it's nice to give him alittle break... But more KP he was doing a nice job in the 3rd to never see the court... That's my only semi complaint... Still great game

This was a situation where KP just had to sit because Drummond was a very very tough cover and Lopez was doing a fantastic job. The Knicks were having some issues defensively with Calderon/KP on S/R defense and needed a natural wing to match up with Ilyasova. I think KP was going to get back in to close the game around 7 min mark, but DWill exploded. You don't take out Lopez the way he was playing and you don't take out DWill.

Great coaching by Fish in that 2nd half. His best sub pattern of the season. 3 man guard rotation in the 2nd half as well. We have no choice against these teams. Not at all a coincidence to me that improved play came as Fish tightened his rotation. This team isn't deep or talented enough to beat top 10 teams in the league going 10 deep.

AUTOADVERT
Clean
Member: #743
12/29/2015  10:14 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:The only thing I wanted more of is KP ... But it's nice to give him alittle break... But more KP he was doing a nice job in the 3rd to never see the court... That's my only semi complaint... Still great game

This was a situation where KP just had to sit because Drummond was a very very tough cover and Lopez was doing a fantastic job. The Knicks were having some issues defensively with Calderon/KP on S/R defense and needed a natural wing to match up with Ilyasova. I think KP was going to get back in to close the game around 7 min mark, but DWill exploded. You don't take out Lopez the way he was playing and you don't take out DWill.

Great coaching by Fish in that 2nd half. His best sub pattern of the season. 3 man guard rotation in the 2nd half as well. We have no choice against these teams. Not at all a coincidence to me that improved play came as Fish tightened his rotation. This team isn't deep or talented enough to beat top 10 teams in the league going 10 deep.

Agreed, I have no problem with KP sitting in situations like this. You have to ride the hot hand and Rolo and DWill had the hot hands tonight.

Malcolm
Member: #6131

12/29/2015  10:14 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Great coaching by Fish in that 2nd half. His best sub pattern of the season. 3 man guard rotation in the 2nd half as well. We have no choice against these teams. Not at all a coincidence to me that improved play came as Fish tightened his rotation. This team isn't deep or talented enough to beat top 10 teams in the league going 10 deep.

Have to admit that coaching in the NBA is tough: you don't play the same KIND of team every night . . .
Clean
Member: #743
12/29/2015  10:15 PM
It is amazing how much better we look as a team when someone drives to the hoop. If we do end up signing Wroten his impact on us might be more than people think.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/29/2015  10:15 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:

I don't really think it is a problem playing 10 guys. You just don't want to limit the minutes of your core rotation players just to get 10 guys in there. You hope for 9 and stretch to 10 only to limit fatigue or foul trouble. The lineups were good tonight.

Malcolm

12/29/2015  10:16 PM
Malcolm wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Great coaching by Fish in that 2nd half. His best sub pattern of the season. 3 man guard rotation in the 2nd half as well. We have no choice against these teams. Not at all a coincidence to me that improved play came as Fish tightened his rotation. This team isn't deep or talented enough to beat top 10 teams in the league going 10 deep.

Have to admit that coaching in the NBA is tough: you don't play the same KIND of team every night . . .

Some teams are good for one reason. Other teams are good for another reason . ..
nixluva
USA
12/29/2015  10:17 PM
Clean wrote:It is amazing how much better we look as a team when someone drives to the hoop. If we do end up signing Wroten his impact on us might be more than people think.

I'm positive that is the missing ingredient. Just like Shved last year. When you get to the rim a lot more in this offense it changes EVERYTHING.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
Clean wrote:It is amazing how much better we look as a team when someone drives to the hoop. If we do end up signing Wroten his impact on us might be more than people think.
I agree. I keep checking twitter. I wonder if they are expressing interest but waiting for ten day deals. I think it might be smart to just sign him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
Malcolm wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

Some teams are good for one reason. Other teams are good for another reason . ..

^THIS.

This is what the people who ask for the same exact minutes for every player every night don't seem to understand.

You play the matchups - you respond to the other team.

¿ △ ?
blkexec
Member: #748
12/29/2015  10:18 PM
Kemet wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
blkexec wrote:
ScoreBot wrote:
4Q - 3:15
NYK 100 DET 87

I sound like a broken record....but I said this should be the starting unit from the beginning of the season, with KP off the bench. We would've been in the playoff hunt from the very beginning. KP and Grant would've developed together off the bench running PnR plays.

Jose
AA or LT
D.Will
Melo
Rolo

No way, KP has been instrumental in so many Knick wins early on and is still a major factor on D, an area where DWill is a huge ???
The problem has been Fisher hasn't used Williams enough off the bench - instead has even used Quinn at 4, instead of DWill. To their credit part of it was to get DWill to play harder and better on D which he has been. I've been really impressed. But this should be our rotation IMO - the exact same we saw tonight maybe minus Quinn at backup 5, maybe slide Zinger there.

Lopez/Porzingis/Quinn
Porzingis/Williams
Melo/Thomas
Afflalo/Galloway
Calderon/Galloway

What makes you think KP off the bench will not be an impact player? Did D.Will start today? Wasn't he instrumental?

KP is not a NBA starter or Closer, maybe after he has a year experience .. D.Will athleticism has always been a SF in the NBA, dumb-dumb coaches has been using him as a PF

Thank you.....Everybody wants to force KP to be an NBA starter right away. It's ok if he comes off the bench. That doesn't mean he's not going to be in the HOF. Sure it's a problem now to bench him....You never know how he would handle that move. But by them pulling him early and not playing him in the 4th should be eye opening to many. There are more than capable players like D.Will and LT that could be in the starting unit. Rolo and KP definately has it's pros in the half court on defense. But theres more to basketball than that. KP will continue to start, but look for his minutes to slowly drop and D.Will / LT to increase....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
CrushAlot
USA
12/29/2015  10:18 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

^THIS.

This is what the people who ask for the same exact minutes for every player every night don't seem to understand.

If you don't you are Byron Scott.
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

12/29/2015  10:19 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

^THIS.

It's called coaching.

You play the matchups every game.

Play the hot hands and maybe close with them, especially when your 2 through 10 options have equitable talent level like on our team.

crzymdups
USA
CrushAlot wrote:
I agree. I keep checking twitter. I wonder if they are expressing interest but waiting for ten day deals. I think it might be smart to just sign him.

I really hope they take a crack at him.

¿ △ ?
Malcolm

crzymdups wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

^THIS.

And all that we loyal Knicks fans are asking (LOL) . . . is that Fisher actually do that.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

Playing 10 guys means you give guys like Grant or Sasha a few minutes each half to deliberately mess up a flow. Or 11 guys, when you play Seraphin as well. You have to go with 8-9 guys because you want each to have enough time out there to get a flow and at least be in position to make an impact. That's why our guard rotation in the 2nd half was so much better. We only played 1 guard off the bench, but that's about how deep our bench is. You won't win games in the NBA against most teams playing Sasha or Grant. Grant has potential, but he's completely lost in the Tri and has lost complete confidence in his shot.
crzymdups
USA
12/29/2015  10:20 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

^THIS.

It's called coaching.

You play the matchups every game.

Play the hot hands and maybe close with them, especially when your 2 through 10 options have equitable talent level like on our team.

Tell that to the dudes here who say DWill needs to play a set 24 minutes eveyr night.

I think Fisher has been doing a good job with matchup ball lately.

He played Jerian Grant a lot against Orlando and we had a lead late - just left him in too long.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
12/29/2015  10:21 PM
Malcolm wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

^THIS.

And all that we loyal Knicks fans are asking (LOL) . . . is that Fisher actually do that.

I believe he's been doing it all season.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
12/29/2015  10:21 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wroten is low hanging fruit. We can get him without giving up anything. So I expect Phil to go after him.

CrushAlot
USA
12/29/2015  10:23 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wroten is low hanging fruit. We can get him without giving up anything. So I expect Phil to go after him.

A big, talented guard that is young seems to be a good fit. He is flawed but he comes in as the second youngest guy on the team.
Malcolm

12/29/2015  10:24 PM
crzymdups wrote:I believe he's been doing it all season.

I'm not sure. 10 man rotation can't have been right against every team . . . (?)
Detroit tonight!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy