[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks @ Hawks - after Christmas Day Sale! aka Boxing Day aka Knicks kick some ass day!
Author Thread
Malcolm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6131

12/26/2015  10:01 PM
Malcolm wrote:
nixluva wrote:We rely on a lot of young developing players and some old guys.

(LOL) I'll tell Carmelo what you think of his age . . .

What's sad about it is that he's probably not going to get much younger in the remaining years of his contract . . .
AUTOADVERT
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

12/26/2015  10:17 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Fish gets out coached on a nightly basis ... When teams de up like the Hawks are you need to push the tempo ... That's basic basketball knowledge...

Just keep digging the hole deeper! With every post you're only making it more clear you don't know what you're talking about!

Lol really so again when teams de up hard on half court sets you don't push the tempo to not allow them to do that lol you should probably stop posting because if you don't know that, again that's basic knowledge.

Again basic knowledge fish sill hasnt shown he can adjust on the fly one defensive adjustment after the first and shut us down.

you don't seem to adjust your posting to make any sense.

Cuz he really thinks all that separates the Hawks n Knicks is an adjustment! SMDH!

Lol cause I said if we just push the ball it would change the outcome of the game lol hell no we played ****ty defense and allowd them in the paint at will. The Hawks are a great team with a great coach ... We were kicking there ass their coach made adjustments on defense and offense ... Fisher had no counter act ? Have you guys ever played the game? It's all about adjusting the game plan to what the other team throws at you...this was a easy adjustment to up the defense intensity force us to push the tempo which we didn't= easy win for Hawks

The Hawks were deing up so hard as soon as we crossed half court not allowing us to set up our offensive sets even the first pass to the wing was a challenge let alone getting it to the pitch post of the triangle ... When that happens you need to up the tempo pushing the ball right from a defensive rebound not allowing the Hawks to de up soo hard ... Again having the issue at pg that we have zero ability to get too the hoop and break down the defense in half court sets.. We should be making the Hawks run down the court with us pushing the tempo allowing open looks early in the shot clock...kinda like the Nash Suns did this also tires out the defense so when you do a slower half Cort set they won't be de ing up soo hard ... The Hawks knew we were not going to push the tempo and they made our half Cort sets very challenging to set up ... Again though this is basic basketball knowledge. If we don't have pg who can force the tempo or just won't when teams de up so hard on half court sets we have a bigger problem at hand.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

12/26/2015  10:18 PM
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:Think about it.....there's nobody on the knicks team that really scares you on defense. We make roll players look like All Stars....

Basically, teams can run any strategy against us, and be affective. Then all they have to do is apply defense on our guards, and create turnovers.

Our problems are bigger than the coach. And with a coach like Fisher, the lack of talent really stands out. A better coach wouldn't help us because it will only hide our weaknesses. To be honest, we 1 legit starter on the entire team. The rest of solid roll players. So you have to expect this type of play....Against a team of All Stars.

YUP! Knicks were put together with role players and young prospects. It's stage one of a process of building a team. The Hawks are WAY ahead of us in terms of the process. It's really not hard to understand tho some seem to be having a hard time with it.

It really is funny how some people on here think they have the answers to how to fix what needs to be fixed from sitting behind a tv/computer like it's so simple. hahaha clowns.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/26/2015  10:19 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
12/26/2015  10:20 PM
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
12/26/2015  10:59 PM
Tonite might not be a good day to defend the Knicks defense....lol.
CrushAlot
USA
12/26/2015  11:20 PM
Did not get to see the post game tonight but checking on realgm it sounds like Melo was candid in his assessment of some of what was wrong with the knicks. His interview isn't up on the msg site yet.
CrushAlot
USA
12/26/2015  11:52 PM
Here it is:
http://www.msgnetworks.com/teams/knicks/games/game.2015122601.html
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/27/2015  12:16 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Here it is:

It was a good post game. MELO is right that the team is gonna be inconsistent partly due to having a new team and young players who simply aren't going to be consistent enough at this stage. This is the nature of having young players.

What MELO won't say is that the Knicks don't have a Teague or even a Scroder!!! That is a huge reason for the issues the Knicks have. If it was so easy to get elite PG's every team would have one. The Knicks are woeful deficient in the Guard and Wing spots. This isn't news. It's not like Phil hasn't tried to address the issue or isn't actively working to address it. We have to be patient and see what he does. In the meantime the players have to improve.

CrushAlot
USA
12/27/2015  12:26 AM
nixluva wrote:

It was a good post game. MELO is right that the team is gonna be inconsistent partly due to having a new team and young players who simply aren't going to be consistent enough at this stage. This is the nature of having young players.

What MELO won't say is that the Knicks don't have a Teague or even a Scroder!!! That is a huge reason for the issues the Knicks have. If it was so easy to get elite PG's every team would have one. The Knicks are woeful deficient in the Guard and Wing spots. This isn't news. It's not like Phil hasn't tried to address the issue or isn't actively working to address it. We have to be patient and see what he does. In the meantime the players have to improve.

I agree. Also, unless they are going to trade for back court help I think they need to sign Wroten. I like that the team is made up of high character guys and that the front office isn't making deals for flawed stars to chase the 8 seed and ruin the future. Signing wroten is a no risk move. Wroten is only 22, has great height and athleticism (once healthy).

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/27/2015  12:53 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I agree. Also, unless they are going to trade for back court help I think they need to sign Wroten. I like that the team is made up of high character guys and that the front office isn't making deals for flawed stars to chase the 8 seed and ruin the future. Signing wroten is a no risk move. Wroten is only 22, has great height and athleticism (once healthy).

I fully expect Phil to do something. Perhaps he's waiting for 10 days. Either way they will have to bring in some help. It's only right. More and more this starts to come into shape as the needs become clearer.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/27/2015  1:42 PM
Its so exciting to lose 5, win 4 then lose 5 in a row.

NOT

Knicks_Fan
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/27/2015  2:38 PM
the two main issues for me right now:

1) afflalo's inability to make plays for others, selfishness
2) calderon/grant

wroten solves neither issue, and in fact probably exacerbates the issues.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Knicks @ Hawks - after Christmas Day Sale! aka Boxing Day aka Knicks kick some ass day!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy