[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: Knicks vs Le-Cleveland - No Melo
Author Thread
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
12/23/2015  9:26 PM
magicTs wrote:Terrible from Fisher. Left KP (who was having his best game given the opposition as a Knick)out way too long losing all his and the teams momentum. Fisher again came up short despite some very decent performances.

Yes KP only played 38 minutes, he should have played the whole game. Never mind that he has been playing more basketball than he's ever played in his life and he is the future of the franchise - play him until he breaks (than you can turn around and complain about how Fish overplayed him and that led to him being injured...)

AUTOADVERT
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

12/23/2015  9:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2015  9:27 PM
Who else here is just done with Fisher. I'm really done with him after tonight. I cannot rationalize any of his moves.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/23/2015  9:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2015  9:28 PM
And the last three minutes show why you need Melo, a go to scorer on your team who is not afraid of the pressure. No matter how good or bad a game a player has, the great players want the ball. The okay players disappear and run away from it. Great all around effort besides the last 3 or 4 minutes. A game we should of won though as the Cavs shot so poorly.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
blkexec
Member: #748
12/23/2015  9:28 PM
BigRedDog wrote:Also problem besides coach is pg play.. Calderon really is not a pg, neither is galloway and grant looks worse every game

I real PG would've directed the flow of the offense towards KP.....Even Fisher had this type of floor leadership when he played. Thats a huge hole this team is missing.....A floor leader at the PG position. Thats why Phil brought in Calderon.....and Calderons floor leadership and defense and lack of dribble penetration, puts pressure on Melo to be that 4th quarter Point forward.

The good news is now we can actually see the holes we need to fill.....In the past, we were so jacked up, with so many holes, we didn't know which hole to fill first.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
meloanyk
Member: #5615

12/23/2015  9:29 PM
OldFan wrote:
magicTs wrote:Terrible from Fisher. Left KP (who was having his best game given the opposition as a Knick)out way too long losing all his and the teams momentum. Fisher again came up short despite some very decent performances.

Yes KP only played 38 minutes, he should have played the whole game. Never mind that he has been playing more basketball than he's ever played in his life and he is the future of the franchise - play him until he breaks (than you can turn around and complain about how Fish overplayed him and that led to him being injured...)

Lol, true

blkexec
12/23/2015  9:30 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:And the last three minutes show why you need Melo, a go to scorer on your team who is not afraid of the pressure. No matter how good or bad a game a player has, the great players want the ball. The okay players disappear and run away from it. Great all around effort besides the last 3 or 4 minutes. A game we should of won though as the Cavs shot so poorly.

The last three minutes show why you need a floor leader at the pg position......he sets the stage and he's the echo of what the coach prefers. Can't give Melo too much responsibility, because his impact tends to drop.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
12/23/2015  9:31 PM
meloanyk wrote:
OldFan wrote:

Lol, true

+1

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
Wally looks like Kramer tonight.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

Williams, while generally good, had three bone-headed plays in a row just prior to getting subbed. That kind of thing might well be why he's not seeing the minutes that some want him to. Afflalo...Jesus, what can you say? Plenty of blame to go around here in what was a stealable game.
meloanyk

12/23/2015  9:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Wally looks like Kramer tonight.

Festivus
magicTs
Member: #5564

12/23/2015  9:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2015  9:35 PM
meloanyk wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:Also problem besides coach is pg play.. Calderon really is not a pg, neither is galloway and grant looks worse every game

Knicks are a good pg away from being a good team

Sensible free agent signing (ideally Batum) in summer 2016 then ALL IN on Russell Westbrook summer 2017.

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

12/23/2015  9:33 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Who else here is just done with Fisher. I'm really done with him after tonight. I cannot rationalize any of his moves.

Yea I been done with Fisher
he's just hasn't learned a DAMN Thing, A Coach often is a 6th man in moves
to sometimes help win a win-able game

However Fisher will lose you a game,
and that's tough to swallow all the time with this man, he cannot make a difference in this team positively

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
magicTs
Member: #5564

12/23/2015  9:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2015  9:36 PM
OldFan wrote:

Its a fair point and I accept that but tonight it just felt like he had him out too long at the wrong critical moment. We perhaps needed to keep give him more rest earlier but in clutch time with no Melo and KP playing very well we needed him in there. I guess its finding that balance between gaining experience and winning now again.

93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
12/23/2015  9:35 PM
blkexec wrote:

I real PG would've directed the flow of the offense towards KP.....Even Fisher had this type of floor leadership when he played. Thats a huge hole this team is missing.....A floor leader at the PG position. Thats why Phil brought in Calderon.....and Calderons floor leadership and defense and lack of dribble penetration, puts pressure on Melo to be that 4th quarter Point forward.

The good news is now we can actually see the holes we need to fill.....In the past, we were so jacked up, with so many holes, we didn't know which hole to fill first.

Like a virgin in an orgy
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
meloanyk

12/23/2015  9:36 PM
markvmc wrote:Williams, while generally good, had three bone-headed plays in a row just prior to getting subbed. That kind of thing might well be why he's not seeing the minutes that some want him to. Afflalo...Jesus, what can you say? Plenty of blame to go around here in what was a stealable game.

He's too lackadaisical. Tight game , ball falls in the paint , he's the closest and he does not take one step towards it. Cleveland grabs and scores. Ridiculous

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

12/23/2015  9:37 PM
How many games are we going to lose because of bad coaching.... Why KP gets no shots and making aa play the Melo role are you funking kidding me we should be well over 500 if we had a good coach
93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
12/23/2015  9:38 PM
I thought I would see more of what we saw from Fish the player translate onto the floor from Fish's coahing- and maybe it will come to pass but it's an awkward slow process - I don't like too many "lessons" on the floor - I hope it proves worth it-
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
meloanyk

12/23/2015  9:38 PM
Rebecca Harlow looking good tonight with the leather and lashes. Major upgrade this year
blkexec
12/23/2015  9:40 PM
meloanyk wrote:
markvmc wrote:Williams, while generally good, had three bone-headed plays in a row just prior to getting subbed. That kind of thing might well be why he's not seeing the minutes that some want him to. Afflalo...Jesus, what can you say? Plenty of blame to go around here in what was a stealable game.

He's too lackadaisical. Tight game , ball falls in the paint , he's the closest and he does not take one step towards it. Cleveland grabs and scores. Ridiculous

It's clear from the orgy incident, he has some life balance issues. I bet he's still trying to mature, and probably hasn't balanced his life outside of basketball. I've been there so I understand. This is why he never reached his full potential.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
12/23/2015  9:41 PM
fitzfarm wrote:How many games are we going to lose because of bad coaching.... Why KP gets no shots and making aa play the Melo role are you funking kidding me we should be well over 500 if we had a good coach

afflalo has no court vision and he doesn't pass the rock. how is that fisher's fault?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Game thread: Knicks vs Le-Cleveland - No Melo

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy