[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Need to Show Some Team Magic Against Orlando
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

12/22/2015  4:36 PM
Unable to post during the game, unfortunately, and fell asleep while writing this. Some thoughts:

Much of our recent success has been due to Aflalo- he seemed to be taken our of his game by the Magic. Few open shots and he was not able to post up against Fournier, who has good length for a SG. We always talk about our guys "not having good games," but at some point you have to give some credit to the opposition.

Skiles has them playing some pretty good D. We did not seem to have the open looks we had in the last few games...have to figure the Orlando players had something to do with this.

I thought it was telling that the only 3 KP hit was one where he did not have time to think because the shot clock was counting down.

Might sound strange, but I feel that both KP and Grant are affected in a negative way by the early "success" the Knicks are having. Much less pressure being on a terrible team, where you can put up shots and miss them without real consequences. On the Knicks, poor shooting by KP or Grant can contribute to a loss for a team that at this moment has thoughts about being in the playoffs.

Grant and KP (more so KP) have both had moments this year where they seemed to be playing instinctively, without feeling much pressure, especially on D, but taking outside shots, or choosing when to drive to the basket seems to be a source of hesitation on many occasions for both of them.

KP does not seem to be moving as much without the ball...has to move around to get some open midrange shots. The team also continues to miss him when he is under the basket with nobody near him. I still cannot figure out why this happens so much.

Also amazing how many of our decent shooters hesitate before taking an open 3-KP...Gallo...Calderone- they all hesitate too much.

Fisher HAS to give KP a shot on Vucevic in the closing minutes. Lopez was not in poor position many of the times when Vucevic scored on him, and for the most part Lopez was NOT being outmuscled, from I saw. You simply had to give Porzingis a shot on him...his height alone might have allowed him to block a shot and that might have given Vucevic second thoughts about shooting, or throw his shot off a bit trying to make adjustments.

I think Vucevic might have missed one shot down the stretch, and it was not because Lopez was playing any special kind of D- he just shot it short. Just frustrating to see him on the bench when his defensive presence might have helped the team.

Cannot understand how poorly Sasha is shooting...almost seems like Thomas' success is fueled by Sasha's ineptitude. I cringe when it looks like he might have an open look, because I know he probably won't make the shot.

This was an important game, IMO, and we were not up to the task. Will be very interested to see how we respond the next few games and over the next weeks when we will be facing a tough schedule.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
Knicks Need to Show Some Team Magic Against Orlando

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy