Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

12/21/2015  10:01 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Despite the poor finish there were some good signs. Jerian needs to play more! We need KOQ to get healthy!

Yes! Despite what others have said, love that Fish finally let Grant play some crunch time minutes. He played well. He is not the reason we lost the game. He will only get better, the more he plays. And we saw a lot of positive signs.

ah ... so you really have no idea what you are talking about. Grant was terrible in crunch time.

How was he terrible? Because he missed one shot? And tell me exactly how Calderon would have been any better? You can make a case for Gallo playing over him in crunch time; can't argue with that, but don't tell me he was the reason we lost tonight.

We lost tonight b/c ROLO had no answer for Vucevic in the paint, and Orlando hit one big shot after the other. They deserved to win.

He was beat by a little Evan threw on the breaks and grant flew right by him. Giving a wide open shot. Gallo needed to be in. You do realize Evan not vucevic killed us once we got to within 1?

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/21/2015  10:01 PM
Am I mistaken or did Grant play the entire 4th quarter? He looked really good to start the 4th... I just would've taken him out with about 4min to go. Shrug.

I do agree with those saying the Magic just have the better roster right now. More depth, more talent, more athletes. Too bad for the Knicks the Magic are only the 9th seed in the East. We have a ways to go.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/21/2015  10:02 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:And how about this, guys, maybe Orlando is just a better (more talented) team right now. They hit every big shot tonight. They have a young team with athletes who can defend multiple positions. They have been playing good ball all year. Maybe they're just better...flat out.

They didn't outclass the Knicks tho. Vucevic was unconscious and they also have a team that's been together longer than the Knicks!!! Fish is nowhere near as sharp in his rotations! So the Knicks are not far off.

If Phil can bring in some help that could push this team over the top.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:we had 4 wide open 3 that were just back breaking misses.

This is true. And Lance fumbled two passes that would've led to buckets - he had a great night, not blaming him.

But a lot of things added up to this just not feeling like our night.

Knicks played pretty well and just got flat beat in a lot of matchups. Lance was tremendous, Melo played very well, Rolo good on O, terrible on D. Not enough other guys stepped up.

I do think Fisher was too quick with the hook on KP though. He was altering shots, blocking shots, the Magic players would hesitate and miss shots when he was in the game. KP even hit a 3 early in the third, sometimes a sign he's heating up, and Fish immediately yanked him. Not sure what was up with KP tonight.

I think that he mainly has issues with KP on offense. He seems to be missing a lot of sets and setting absolutely terrible picks.

Melo played a great game but he really needs to limit the turnovers and also stop complaining about calls while his man is running up the court.

Rolo needed help tonight. Asking one guy to guard an excellent player on a night that he is red hot and even hitting really tough shots is just not smart.

Our biggest problem in my view is how bad the knicks are at picks other than lopez. People don't realize how crucial that is on offense.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
blkexec
Member: #748
TeamBall wrote:I do not understand the decision to have Grant play no minutes in the first half and then have him play crunch minutes in the second. Is he a rotation player or not Fish? Same with Sasha.

I do not like Tobias Harris.

Grant is one of those players that play better with consistent minutes. But Fisher is killing his confidence right now....with his subs. So does this mean Grant will start to get increased minutes at PG or back to 4 DNPs? Come on Phil.....This is your mentee.....Phil has to be in his ear right now, trying to understand his rotations.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

12/21/2015  10:03 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
the Knicks playoffs hopes

I've never had a realistic expectation for the playoffs, mostly just to be a good team. East is real strong - even Orlando may not make it. Heck, sometimes a team like Atlanta (last year's ECF team) is out of the top 8.

What irks me is the dedication to play certain players just because of veteran status. That's silly. You play your better players. Calderon at this point is not a better player than Galloway - and Gallo should be playing the point ahead of him. If Grant plays more games like tonight, he should be at PG more. Calderon should be phased out - he's a walking mismatch for our opponents.

The RLO/Porzingis lineups are the least effecient and effective. DWill was a +3 today and got what 10 minutes? With Quinn out, you play DWill more. If Thomas is playing well, you play him more, but not at the cost of KP/DWill. Those 2 are 2 of your highest PER guys.

Anyway, on to the next one.

The lineup should have been:
Carmelo (the only effective PG we have), Aflalo, Williams, KP, and Lance

We should have rotated Gallo, Grant and RoLo at times. We need a trade badly

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
Malcolm
Member: #6131

12/21/2015  10:03 PM
Next game to evaluate Knicks is the one @ Boston . . .
Kemet
Member: #6148

12/21/2015  10:04 PM
Chandler wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Despite the poor finish there were some good signs. Jerian needs to play more! We need KOQ to get healthy!

Yes! Despite what others have said, love that Fish finally let Grant play some crunch time minutes. He played well. He is not the reason we lost the game. He will only get better, the more he plays. And we saw a lot of positive signs.

He was left in too long. Over-pursued on D and Fournier punished him for it. Having said that I was glad he came in game and he contributed but in the 4th Galloway should have been in sooner and grant needed to sit

Im happy for Grant he received 14 straight minutes of playingtime .. Wish Fisher wouldve added Gallo in the final 3 minute crunch time lineup with Grant & Lance .. Afflalo was to slow

And like I mention early we needed O'Quinn for the Magics BIG-Man rotation lineups .. KP couldnt do much of anything all game long vs the Magic big man lineups.

mreinman

12/21/2015  10:05 PM
nixluva wrote:
Malcolm wrote:We're all over the place in our comments here . . . except that we agree that Calderon offers no hope.

AND that Seraphin was brutal in place of an injured KOQ!!! Seraphin COMPLETELY destroyed the flow of the bench unit!!! KOQ with his passing and defense would've been soooooo much better!!!

seraphin is a disaster and also was very lazy on rebounds. Plain idiot

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/21/2015  10:06 PM
nixluva wrote:Knicks still not as smooth as a team like the Magic. You can see they have more chemistry due to experience together. Knicks are still developing. They're getting better but still a lot more work needed. Also we really missed KOQ!

I hate the Knicks lost tonight as much as anyone. But I'm sensing is that (a) knicks are liking playing with each other and (b) not blaming each other. Let's keep the faith and hope they continue to grow and finish strong.

My bitches for tonight is fisher let jose play too much. He was off more than usual tonight. He's been slow, he's been tentative but tonight he was dumb. And late in the game they needed Gallo to replace grant and needed KPs length on defense Fisher is growing too

(5)(5)
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

12/21/2015  10:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/21/2015  10:08 PM
Fish just said in the postgame that he wanted to try out Jerian in the 4th to see if he could impact the game and he believes he did. That's as much of an endorsement as you will get from Fish on the rookie. Maybe he will start playing more meaningful minutes going forward and the Jose experiment has finally ended. If that's the case, if it means Fish realizing that Jose cannot play a big role anymore, I'm okay with tonight. It will serve us in future games.
crzymdups
USA
12/21/2015  10:07 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Malcolm wrote:We're all over the place in our comments here . . . except that we agree that Calderon offers no hope.

AND that Seraphin was brutal in place of an injured KOQ!!! Seraphin COMPLETELY destroyed the flow of the bench unit!!! KOQ with his passing and defense would've been soooooo much better!!!

seraphin is a disaster and also was very lazy on rebounds. Plain idiot

This we agree on. Hope KOQ can return soon.

¿ △ ?
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/21/2015  10:07 PM
Anyone know why this team loses home games so easily. Why do they play like the opponent is going to lay down and roll over for them.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/21/2015  10:09 PM
blkexec wrote:
TeamBall wrote:I do not understand the decision to have Grant play no minutes in the first half and then have him play crunch minutes in the second. Is he a rotation player or not Fish? Same with Sasha.

I do not like Tobias Harris.

Grant is one of those players that play better with consistent minutes. But Fisher is killing his confidence right now....with his subs. So does this mean Grant will start to get increased minutes at PG or back to 4 DNPs? Come on Phil.....This is your mentee.....Phil has to be in his ear right now, trying to understand his rotations.

Fish really seems to be struggling with his roster! I have hope tho! Jerian got real playing time tho Fish messed it up but if this means more minutes for Jerian so be it.

I think Fish was lost when KOQ wasn't in there. Those minutes with Seraphin MURDERED the flow we normally have off the bench. We also didn't need Sasha's minutes.

crzymdups
USA
12/21/2015  10:09 PM
mreinman wrote:

I think that he mainly has issues with KP on offense. He seems to be missing a lot of sets and setting absolutely terrible picks.

Melo played a great game but he really needs to limit the turnovers and also stop complaining about calls while his man is running up the court.

Rolo needed help tonight. Asking one guy to guard an excellent player on a night that he is red hot and even hitting really tough shots is just not smart.

Our biggest problem in my view is how bad the knicks are at picks other than lopez. People don't realize how crucial that is on offense.

Yes, KP on offense looks tentative. He made some excellent passes though - that one hand back door pass to Langston. He was starting to hit some shots. Maybe one reason he looked tentative is that Fish seems to have a quick hook with him now.

Knicks do not set great picks. They don't have a lot of guys who are built the way the Orlando wings are. Magic are just a more physical team than the Knicks.

¿ △ ?
SocraticBallin22

12/21/2015  10:12 PM
Kemet wrote:
Chandler wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

He was left in too long. Over-pursued on D and Fournier punished him for it. Having said that I was glad he came in game and he contributed but in the 4th Galloway should have been in sooner and grant needed to sit

Im happy for Grant he received 14 straight minutes of playingtime .. Wish Fisher wouldve added Gallo in the final 3 minute crunch time lineup with Grant & Lance .. Afflalo was to slow

And like I mention early we needed O'Quinn for the Magics BIG-Man rotation lineups .. KP couldnt do much of anything all game long vs the Magic big man lineups.

Agreed..would have had no problem with Gallo playing the crunch time minutes (last 5) of Grant tonight, but I also like that Fish finally showed some confidence in giving him those minutes. It's all about confidence right now for Jerian.

KOQ's absence really hurt us tonight. Seraphin played with no energy and we could have used another option at 5 except for ROLO. Hope he's back soon.

Kemet
Member: #6148

12/21/2015  10:12 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Like the way Skiles coached the last 4 minutes. Went to guys that were hot with post ups and lots of pick and rolls. We passed it around to everyone that was not. Love the triangle. Aflalo had 0 post ups called for him down the stretch after scoring at will last 3. KP is 7'3 and cannot post up but runs to 3pt line at will. What's wrong with that picture? He should be down low or slashing to basket to take advantage of his rebounding. Grant should not play again until he can hit a 15 foot shot.

So true .. but Rookie Grant had 3 seconds to grab the inbound pass n put the shot up, at least he knew how many seconds were on the shot clock.

mreinman

12/21/2015  10:14 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Yes, KP on offense looks tentative. He made some excellent passes though - that one hand back door pass to Langston. He was starting to hit some shots. Maybe one reason he looked tentative is that Fish seems to have a quick hook with him now.

Knicks do not set great picks. They don't have a lot of guys who are built the way the Orlando wings are. Magic are just a more physical team than the Knicks.

I would like to see many more strong picks by melo.

KP is still a rookie and he is still weak. He will have many games that he is sort of taken out of the game.

Jose was brutal tonight ... by far our worst player and when he is in our defense if screwed.

SocraticBallin22

12/21/2015  10:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/21/2015  10:16 PM
Here is the only positive I saw tonight from ROLO...I realized that when he is not catching the ball in the high post to start the triangle and he's actually setting good screens for open shots, he is a competent offensive big. The problem this year with him at O is he's in the triangle initiating offense instead of setting screens and crashing the boards...his game! Need to do more of that when he is in the game.
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/21/2015  10:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/21/2015  10:18 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:And how about this, guys, maybe Orlando is just a better (more talented) team right now. They hit every big shot tonight. They have a young team with athletes who can defend multiple positions. They have been playing good ball all year. Maybe they're just better...flat out.

their ok, their not all that..People said the same thing when miami when they beat us, miami went on to lose 4 of their next 6.

We didn't have a great game plan, and we mad zero adjustments when payton went down

ES
Knicks Need to Show Some Team Magic Against Orlando

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy