[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who's stoked for Towns vs Porzingus tonight?
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

12/16/2015  10:30 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Towns 22 and 10 low impact game ... Not too impressed

I'm impressed....for a rookie? Only 1 yr of college ball? The sky is the limit.

The NBA has a bright future.....

KP, Towns, Mudiay, OK4, Russell, Winslow, Willie Cauley-Stein

Sorry he just seemed to hit his open jumpers... Didn't hit any contested shots except that ref bail out at the end. Also how the heck did he get 10 rebounds ... I only remember 3 ... Just saying low impact. It was more us falling asleep then them getting back in the game ... Which zack Levine and Wiggins brought them back not towns ... Again he just hit open jumpers ... Doesn't really show me anything

I disagree respectfully. I thought towns was smooth. He let the game come to him

Those so-called open jumpers he took, but others guys for no reason whatsoever would take a dribble to make that open shot contested.

I don't know who to compare him to at this point but he is a talent

I will say this. All of towns contributions showed in the stats. Not so for KP. When he is active on D like he was tonight his mere presence in the paint has an impact whether or not he blocks a shot. Seriously if whiteside wasn't playing out of his mind KP would be getting even more attention about his game altering ability

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/16/2015  10:32 PM
dk7th wrote:judging from fisher's comments, sounds like he had a chat with melo.

What did he say?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/16/2015  10:37 PM
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:judging from fisher's comments, sounds like he had a chat with melo.

What did he say?

Yeah. I missed it. I will watch it online later/tomorrow but would love to know now.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/16/2015  10:39 PM
nixluva wrote:

What did he say?

when your best players are moving the ball, rebounding, playing defense it inspires everyone else. teams have always won that way in the past and that's the way they are winning now.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/16/2015  10:41 PM
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:

What did he say?

when your best players are moving the ball, rebounding, playing defense it inspires everyone else. teams have always won that way in the past and that's the way they are winning now.

Sounds just like what most of us have been saying for years.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/16/2015  10:42 PM
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:

What did he say?

Sounds just like what most of us have been saying for years.

that's kinda empty coach speak to me.

what if both teams move the ball, rebound, and play defense? who wins then?

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/16/2015  10:45 PM
Man, the East is tougher now. The Knicks would actually be the 8th seed out West right now.

Now 14-12 Boston is the 10th seed. 15-12 Atlanta is the 9th seed. Knicks in 11th.

Still a lot of internal improvement possible with this team though - learning how to use KP. Learning how to get Afflalo going. Etc.

¿ △ ?
wh4t
Member: #6039
USA
12/16/2015  11:05 PM
play of the game
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/16/2015  11:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/16/2015  11:10 PM
Don't live in NY so watched the game on Wolves FSN feed.
And they were really impressed by Porzingis.

I'm not sure if he's a sure thing on offense, because he doesn't seem to have any go to moves. Which is why the jumper is critical for him. If he can shoot the game ball the same way he's shown he can do it in practice (mind you he is fresh and relaxed in practice) there's no question he'll become a great player on O.

It's also frustrating that the team seems to miss him a lot when he's in the paint and often pass to him in the worst spots you want to put a big man in.

blkexec
Member: #748
12/16/2015  11:18 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Don't live in NY so watched the game on Wolves FSN feed.
And they were really impressed by Porzingis.

I'm not sure if he's a sure thing on offense, because he doesn't seem to have any go to moves. Which is why the jumper is critical for him. If he can shoot the game ball the same way he's shown he can do it in practice (mind you he is fresh and relaxed in practice) there's no question he'll become a great player on O.

It's also frustrating that the team seems to miss him a lot when he's in the paint and often pass to him in the worst spots you want to put a big man in.

Once his legs get stronger, and he improves his conditioning, his jumper and go to moves will be more visible. Right now, he has a lot of moves and trying to figure out which move works against most bigs. His defenders are usually different each game, so his go to moves will be different.

When he's in the post, he's not strong enough to hold his ground, so there only a short window of time to get him the ball, without it being a turnover. If someone is not strong in the post, it's very easy for the defender to get a steal. So the trust between him and the passer aren't there yet. But all those wrinkles will be ironed out as he gets older and stronger.

Lots of possitives out there on KP. I like his heart and never back down attitude. That will keep him in the league for a very long time. I can also see him breaking some blocks per game / season record during his career.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

12/16/2015  11:20 PM
On the Sasha call in the first half, I know a lot of you were up in arms at no ejection, but I can't honestly say I saw contact on the slow-mo replays. And if the elbow had really connected at that pace from a guy that big, Sasha would have been a lot longer getting up, and been a lot more dazed.
nyknickzingis

12/16/2015  11:24 PM
Right now, he has a lot of moves and trying to figure out which move works against most bigs. His defenders are usually different each game, so his go to moves will be different.

Totally agree. Whereas Towns, Okafor and Russell all know where their bread and butter are, what their strengths are, I think KP is the weakest of the top 4 drafted in this regard. All 4 have star potential, but it is also what makes Porzingis the most incomplete on O, yet possibly the most deadly if he puts it all together. He has shown a vast array of things, just nothing consistently great on offense. If he can even be a slightly better shooter, that's 3-4 ppg there. And if he makes his jumpshot his weapon, which is he has all the tools to do so, he will be one of the toughest guys in the league to defend. 7'3 SF. As I was saying the Wolves crew were talking about how they never ever saw a player like him in the league.
blkexec
12/16/2015  11:39 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Right now, he has a lot of moves and trying to figure out which move works against most bigs. His defenders are usually different each game, so his go to moves will be different.

Totally agree. Whereas Towns, Okafor and Russell all know where their bread and butter are, what their strengths are, I think KP is the weakest of the top 4 drafted in this regard. All 4 have star potential, but it is also what makes Porzingis the most incomplete on O, yet possibly the most deadly if he puts it all together. He has shown a vast array of things, just nothing consistently great on offense. If he can even be a slightly better shooter, that's 3-4 ppg there. And if he makes his jumpshot his weapon, which is he has all the tools to do so, he will be one of the toughest guys in the league to defend. 7'3 SF. As I was saying the Wolves crew were talking about how they never ever saw a player like him in the league.

This is exactly why I don't think he should be confined to certain moves right now. He has the ability to have more than one go to move. Think about the Dream....Whats his go to move? He feels how the defense is playing him and that determines his go to move. Makes him impossible to guard or game plan against. You can argue that none of the top 4 picks have go to moves.....Except for OK4. They are all feeling their way through this first year. Towns is pretty solid with range. But he doesn't have the length or IQ to be a rim protector right now, without getting into foul trouble.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
mreinman
Member: #3189

12/16/2015  11:45 PM
blkexec wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Malcolm wrote:Rubio just short of a quadruple double . . .

9 points, 10 rebounds, 11 assists, 8 steals . . .

And some people on this board was against adding this guy.....? Because he doesn't have a mid range jumper which is needed for the triangle? It shouldn't matter what system we play, if a guys can flirt with quadruple doubles every game....

I don't think that he flirts every game and the dude can't stay healthy. Love his game but really wish the defenders respected him a bit more.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nyknickzingis

12/16/2015  11:46 PM
I'm of the opinion that while Porzingis isn't as good as Towns today (on O) or Okafor (again on O) I think he has the highest ceiling in the draft. Not sure if he gets there, because injuries are a major concern with a guy his size, but his floor which is now is so damn incomplete it makes you wonder if he even got just a few things how good he'd be, let alone if he got to really max out his potential. I tell you, no one would be able to defend this guy if he spent all summer working on his jumpshot at certain spots on the court and the team built their O around getting him the ball there.
mreinman

12/16/2015  11:48 PM
crzymdups wrote:
dk7th wrote:another bad drive by melo there. he's unraveling at the wrong time. why can't he play a tight game the whole time?

He went into ISO MELO mode. And on a lot of those drives he had open three point shooters. Shoulda passed out and might've got his triple double.

Don't know why I let this irk me and we won but if we lost, I would be melo-hatin-posting all night To play such a great game and to revert to selfish melo at the end was really frustrating.

I really really hope that the coaches can keep drilling this into him.

What is better than those WIDE OPEN threes at that point? He needs to give up the ball the whole game and that includes the last 2-3 minutes.

mreinman

12/16/2015  11:49 PM
wh4t wrote:play of the game

Dunks just don't do it for me. So 80/90's.

blkexec
12/16/2015  11:52 PM
mreinman wrote:

I hear you....but damn....that dunk did it for me. Dwill's dunks has a way of energizing a team....Thats a momentum type play.

mreinman

12/16/2015  11:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/16/2015  11:55 PM
blkexec wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I hear you....but damn....that dunk did it for me. Dwill's dunks has a way of energizing a team....Thats a momentum type play.

Sure ... but I get inspired off great ball movement. When melo passed to ball quickly out of the post when the double team started coming and that started stunning ball movement on the perimeter that had minny staggering and after 4 passes they got a wide open calderon 3.

That is pretty and also shows team building and culture change. Dunks are just dunks.

herkyJerky
Member: #6155
USA
12/17/2015  1:34 AM
I'm still laughing about Seraphin pulling the chair out from under Towns. That was pretty funny. But Towns looked really good, definitely living up to the hype of 1st pick overall, so far. Wiggins looked pretty damn good too. TWolves got some good things in their future. Glad to see KP doing other things, especially on D, even though his offense is still on a little bit of a minor slide. At this point it's starting to look like Melo really has a lot more confidence in the guys around him than he's had in the recent past. This COULD turn into a pretty damn good thing. Let's see how it plays out for the back to back this weekend. AA killed it tonight. LT had another quietly good game. Gallo looking like he's starting to come back around. Hoping jGrant finds his way back into the rotation at some point. Would really like to see him develop throughout the rest of the season.
If it ain't broke, don't break it. - Charles 'The REAL Sir Charles' Oakley.
Who's stoked for Towns vs Porzingus tonight?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy