[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who's stoked for Towns vs Porzingus tonight?
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

12/16/2015  10:09 PM
Sweet block by Zinger on Towns. I think that's TWO on Towns, THREE on Wiggins tonight.

My take on Porzingis vs Towns.

Porzingis has better impact on D, and will turn out to be the better defender. On D, Porzingis is Motumbo like at times when he wants. He can block any and everything. Plus he moves his feet. Towns doesn't do that.

On O, it's Towns. He's got more moves that are NBA ready and consistent. Porzingis seems to make some great plays, but won't repeat them on O. He doesn't really have any bread and butter plays. That said, Porzingis has HUGE potential as a jumpshooter. His legs are weak, he can make those babies stronger easily over the coming years, and that makes him a much better jumpshooter. If he even improves his jumpshot a little bit, it'll allow him to become a 18 ppg guy in the league.

AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

12/16/2015  10:10 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Towns 22 and 10 low impact game ... Not too impressed

Yeah, bring back your team in the 4th to make it a FT contest is low impact.

blkexec
Member: #748
12/16/2015  10:11 PM

I'm impressed....for a rookie? Only 1 yr of college ball? The sky is the limit.

The NBA has a bright future.....

KP, Towns, Mudiay, OK4, Russell, Winslow, Willie Cauley-Stein

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/16/2015  10:13 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Sweet block by Zinger on Towns. I think that's TWO on Towns, THREE on Wiggins tonight.

Porzingis has better impact on D, and will turn out to be the better defender. On D, Porzingis is Motumbo like at times when he wants. He can block any and everything. Plus he moves his feet. Towns doesn't do that.

On O, it's Towns. He's got more moves that are NBA ready and consistent. Porzingis seems to make some great plays, but won't repeat them on O. He doesn't really have any bread and butter plays. That said, Porzingis has HUGE potential as a jumpshooter. His legs are weak, he can make those babies stronger easily over the coming years, and that makes him a much better jumpshooter. If he even improves his jumpshot a little bit, it'll allow him to become a 18 ppg guy in the league.

KP looked like he got a little nervous - was trying too hard to play well against Towns, almost like he did against Anthony Davis.

But KP's defense looked great.

Towns' offense looks All NBA level - I think he will be better than Anthony Davis on offense. On defense, he doesn't have the same impact as KP or AD.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/16/2015  10:13 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Sweet block by Zinger on Towns. I think that's TWO on Towns, THREE on Wiggins tonight.

KP actually has strong legs. It's his upper body that is weak. Towns clearly is ahead offensively but I suspect KP will eventually get some go to moves and the needed strength to finish.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/16/2015  10:14 PM
Good game. Great all around game by Melo, was very focused. Amazing defensive performance by KP. Its going to take time for KP to develop a post game, but in the meantime Id like see him step in from the 3 point line more often and take a 2. Jumper, floater, something. I wanted KP to shoot 3s from the get go, but he is going to the well too often IMO.

Galloway is gettin his confidence back, we really need better production at guard. For all the whining about Lopez, we have been winning more when he closes out games.

crzymdups
USA
¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

CrushAlot wrote:Great way for the game to end. Towns is going to be very good for a long time.

More confident than KP on the offensive end, and you saw that he adjusted by going outside.

You simply cannot have Lopez on him...allowed him to get into a great rhythm on his J.

Have to admit that Towns had little impact as an interior defender, and KP got decent shots, but was just missing them.

Thought he would have more of a presence, on D, but he played the better game of the two rookies, IMO.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/16/2015  10:16 PM

?? Looked pretty good to me.

Basically helped bring them back in the second half.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Chandler
Member: #6197

Towns and Wiggins are great. I would love them if they were Knicks

Wolves have lots of talent

But I felt it was 5 players and no team

And they would be BAD without Rubio

Having said that really happy w Knicks and that they won.

Team is improving and growing

(5)(5)
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

TPercy wrote:Fantastic game from Melo and Kobe tonight

HAHA AA really has a lot of Kobe's moves. I wonder if he watched a ton of video on him growing up.

Malcolm
Member: #6131

12/16/2015  10:17 PM
BTW: If Rubio had gotten that quadruple double . . . it would have been the first in the NBA since 1988 (!)
SocraticBallin22

12/16/2015  10:18 PM
Most of us would have taken 12-14 before the beginning of the season at this point and we're starting to trend upwards again. If we keep playing like this, we will be battling for the 7th or 8th seed in the East.
blkexec

KP is doing exactly what I expected and why I thought he was slightly better than WCS....They both have the same rim protection ability on defense.....But KP will be the best jump shooting big man in the NBA very soon.....As long as Briggs isn't coaching him to be just a post up player, and only score in the paint. KP should have the green light on offense just like Steph Curry does. KP is not a chucker and he doesn't force up numerous 3's.....he has a high IQ and knows how to mix it up on offense. So thats kind of IQ you always give him the green light. I think he's better as a blind side shot blocker as well. Allows him to save his energy on defense by not getting into a wrestling match with NBA centers.....Which gives him enough energy in those legs for that jumper. Right now his jumper is off, because he doesn't have the conditioning to play both ends against the worlds best athletes. But in 2 years, he will be a star.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

blkexec wrote:

I'm impressed....for a rookie? Only 1 yr of college ball? The sky is the limit.

The NBA has a bright future.....

KP, Towns, Mudiay, OK4, Russell, Winslow, Willie Cauley-Stein

Sorry he just seemed to hit his open jumpers... Didn't hit any contested shots except that ref bail out at the end. Also how the heck did he get 10 rebounds ... I only remember 3 ... Just saying low impact. It was more us falling asleep then them getting back in the game ... Which zack Levine and Wiggins brought them back not towns ... Again he just hit open jumpers ... Doesn't really show me anything

SocraticBallin22

12/16/2015  10:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/16/2015  10:20 PM
Malcolm wrote:BTW: If Rubio had gotten that quadruple double . . . it would have been the first in the NBA since 1988 (!)

If Rubio ever gets a consistent jump shot, he will be an elite pg. His hands on defense are amazing and his anticipation playing the passing lanes.

crzymdups
USA
12/16/2015  10:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/16/2015  10:22 PM
Malcolm wrote:BTW: If Rubio had gotten that quadruple double . . . it would have been the first in the NBA since 1988 (!)

The Admiral had one in 1994 - but yeah, it's been a loooong time.

¿ △ ?
blkexec
12/16/2015  10:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/16/2015  10:24 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

If Rubio ever gets a consistent jump shot, he will be an elite pg. His hands on defense are amazing and his anticipation playing the passing lanes.

For some reason, I don't think he will ever have a consistent jump shot. But he did hit one from 3....He's a walking triple double. Not sure about his 1 on 1 defense or his motivation. He was clearly motivated against Jose. I bet he looks totally different over the next few games.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/16/2015  10:29 PM
judging from fisher's comments, sounds like he had a chat with melo.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

12/16/2015  10:30 PM
Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Who's stoked for Towns vs Porzingus tonight?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy