[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks vs Blazers
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/13/2015  10:35 AM
Game was blacked out locally on league pass and I couldn't find a good stream. Nice to see a W, and maybe Lopez is starting to get his game back. Suprised at another Grant DNP. I remember him taking a jamal crawford type three in game before getting his dnps. Poor decisions like that from a rookie will get you benched. Dont believe it was just this incident that got him benched, but if sitting and watching a few games can get him to play decisively again then Im all for it.
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/13/2015  12:42 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:I think the refs called that right. Plumlee was falling back as he sidestepped. Yes you can be moving and draw a charge but that was the ri()hit call.

I agree. It is rare that Melo gets the correct call though.

I disagree....It clearly shows that Melo can't even beat a 7'1 dude off the dribble anymore. And he clearly lowered his shoulder into Plumlee. It should've been a no call, out on Melo. Just being honest. We have to find a better strategy when closing out games. That was almost a back to back turnover on Melo.....Saved by the ref.

He had 37 tonight, moved the ball rebounded and played great d. No one was able to stop him. Not sure how you came to your conclusion about his ability. An nba official made the call on Plumlee. That usually doesn't go Melo's way but you can watch the film from a million different angles and see Plumlee moving. Too bad that didn't go the other way and Portland got the win? I don't get your analysis of melo or the call.

he got to the line a bunch, too. that's important.

however...

he played too many minutes-- 38 minutes is way too much for him-- and he had an astronomical usage of 37% and a paltry assist rate of 11% for a simply awful 3.4:1 ratio. the knicks cannot revert to melocentric hero "put the team on his back" basketball. he isn't good enough to do that. it's not only unsustainable it is a regression.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/13/2015  12:51 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:I think the refs called that right. Plumlee was falling back as he sidestepped. Yes you can be moving and draw a charge but that was the ri()hit call.

I disagree....It clearly shows that Melo can't even beat a 7'1 dude off the dribble anymore. And he clearly lowered his shoulder into Plumlee. It should've been a no call, out on Melo. Just being honest. We have to find a better strategy when closing out games. That was almost a back to back turnover on Melo.....Saved by the ref.

He had 37 tonight, moved the ball rebounded and played great d. No one was able to stop him. Not sure how you came to your conclusion about his ability. An nba official made the call on Plumlee. That usually doesn't go Melo's way but you can watch the film from a million different angles and see Plumlee moving. Too bad that didn't go the other way and Portland got the win? I don't get your analysis of melo or the call.

however...

he played too many minutes-- 38 minutes is way too much for him-- and he had an astronomical usage of 37% and a paltry assist rate of 11% for a simply awful 3.4:1 ratio. the knicks cannot revert to melocentric hero "put the team on his back" basketball. he isn't good enough to do that. it's not only unsustainable it is a regression.

He was moving the ball a lot not sure why his assist rate was so low. Also, I think you have to hope he doesn't need to play like last night for the Knicks to win. I can't imagine KP and Jose having another game where they both don't score a point.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/13/2015  1:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

however...

He was moving the ball a lot not sure why his assist rate was so low. Also, I think you have to hope he doesn't need to play like last night for the Knicks to win. I can't imagine KP and Jose having another game where they both don't score a point.

i know that the knicks need games like this from melo when they are in the doldrums, or need to snap a losing streak. no question a game like this has value in that context. however, i still hope that fisher can stay the course and try to develop a winning culture over two seasons, and not get sucked into a fruitless win-now/playoffs or bust mode. they are on a course for 36 wins. that has to be acceptable to knick fans who want to see a patiently-built team that has the possibility of being in the title hunt for years and years.

i remember when stoudemire went on that binge in 2010 but eventually ran out of gas. i really don't want to see that again.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Game Thread: Knicks vs Blazers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy