[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks vs Blazers
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

12/13/2015  12:59 AM
nixluva wrote:Only issue I have is Fish going with Jose so much which I think weakened our D. Why DNP Jerian? We needed a quicker guard IMO.

It weakens it a lot. Our bigs have to constantly rotate and then they're out of position too

The other night Jose cut under a pick and still got blown away on rondos dunk

He made Felton look good

he has something to contribute but he should be on hot seat for starting 5 tweak

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/13/2015  1:00 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
ActionJackson wrote:37 pts 6 reb 2 assts 2 blks
6 free throws on isos in final minute
#heroball
This.

Fools gold, in some ways.

You guys do understand that Anthony cannot do this on a regular basis?...I see it as his present to KP for his invisible game, but it is not something we can count on, IMO.

We should relish his performance, and maybe it serves a statement game, in some ways...but it is not the blueprint for consistent success for this team.

I do like that they tried to isolate him closer to the basket- which is something I've been whining about for a while, now.

Hopefully the win and his performance energizes the team.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/13/2015  1:00 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ActionJackson wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:All the Melo haters belly aching about how that was an offensive foul on Melo - I thought teams were supposed to play through tough calls. Blazers have to blame themselves for putting themselves in this position. Can't blame the refs, Blazers fans / Melo haters
Why would anyone bellyache about a call that went their teams way? This is what I don't get.
Hey man we all LOVE the team, it's that we HATE Melo more and can't stand it when he wins game for us with no help from our favorite players. Hypocrisy at it's finest.
being a little overdramatic.
Dude, when Melo is getting non calls, offensive fouls or phantom calls against him you always validate them in game threads. Not typical fan behavior in my opinion. There are guys that I have hated on the Knicks. Nothing wrong with that. Tyson, D'Antoni, Shump in the end etc. Own your melo hate. Do that and I don't think guys will call you Irish anymore. Anyone that spends anytime here knows where you stand. The waffling is what Irish did.
i thought you and i were on good terms...i guess i was wrong since you are calling me names. Anyway i dont hate melo i just want him to be more consistent
ActionJackson
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1602

12/13/2015  1:01 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ActionJackson wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:All the Melo haters belly aching about how that was an offensive foul on Melo - I thought teams were supposed to play through tough calls. Blazers have to blame themselves for putting themselves in this position. Can't blame the refs, Blazers fans / Melo haters
Why would anyone bellyache about a call that went their teams way? This is what I don't get.
Hey man we all LOVE the team, it's that we HATE Melo more and can't stand it when he wins game for us with no help from our favorite players. Hypocrisy at it's finest.
being a little overdramatic.
Dude, when Melo is getting non calls, offensive fouls or phantom calls against him you always validate them in game threads. Not typical fan behavior in my opinion. There are guys that I have hated on the Knicks. Nothing wrong with that. Tyson, D'Antoni, Shump in the end etc. Own your melo hate. Do that and I don't think guys will call you Irish anymore. Anyone that spends anytime here knows where you stand. The waffling is what Irish did.
#truthhurts
WaltLongmire

12/13/2015  1:09 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Have a habit of watching the came with no volume when the Knicks are away.

Did not realize it was a foul until Plumlee complained- until then I thought it was going to be a charging violation.

We deserved a call at that point, although the refs did their best to screw him/us with the non-call on the push.

Plumlee was moving the whole time. Not sure how that wouldn't go Melo's way.
Also, having some trouble with ballstreams. If I watch on my computer it is fine but I have a wired connection on my roku and never experienced lag/buffering. This year that happens all the time. Not that big a deal if I allow it to buffer for 5-10 minutes. Are you having any issues?

Some hiccups at times, but it is OK, for the most part.

Will be using a Roku in a few weeks.

They will sometimes let the defender in that situation get the call if the offensive player seems to be forcing it. Anthony has gotten called on that type of play before when he was too aggressive leading with his shoulder with his head down.

Besides...how can you think that even if it was blocking we might not get the call??!!

I can just go on my reaction while watching it- I really thought it was going to be charging-was both happy and amazed when it wasn't. I always fear the worst.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/13/2015  1:09 AM
The key was the quicker bench players were able to defend, rebound and push the ball and they looked for early scoring and didn't slow it down to setup the Triangle!!! I've been saying this was a mistake they were making. You only use the Triangle when the defense is set and there are no open scoring opps! Otherwise PUSH and ATTACK!
StarksEwing1

12/13/2015  1:10 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Did not realize it was a foul until Plumlee complained- until then I thought it was going to be a charging violation.

We deserved a call at that point, although the refs did their best to screw him/us with the non-call on the push.

Also, having some trouble with ballstreams. If I watch on my computer it is fine but I have a wired connection on my roku and never experienced lag/buffering. This year that happens all the time. Not that big a deal if I allow it to buffer for 5-10 minutes. Are you having any issues?

They will sometimes let the defender in that situation get the call if the offensive player seems to be forcing it. Anthony has gotten called on that type of play before when he was too aggressive leading with his shoulder with his head down.

Besides...how can you think that even if it was blocking we might not get the call??!!

I can just go on my reaction while watching it- I really thought it was going to be charging-was both happy and amazed when it wasn't. I always fear the worst.

this
WaltLongmire

12/13/2015  1:14 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Only issue I have is Fish going with Jose so much which I think weakened our D. Why DNP Jerian? We needed a quicker guard IMO.
agreed

Right now Grant's confidence is shot...better to have him watching than see him have issues in a close game which might cost us the game.

This was not a game to develop your rookies at the expense of a victory.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/13/2015  1:16 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

In regards to the roku. I have said before that I am very frugal. My go to is a wired roku 3 but I got that because my wife wanted to give me a present on my birthday. There are more features on the roku 3 that the roku 2 doesn't have but you can get a wired (ethernet connected) roku two for about 30-40 dollars less. I don't have the roku 2 so I can't vouch for it. Also, some of the roku 2's don't have an ethernet connection.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

12/13/2015  1:21 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

In regards to the roku. I have said before that I am very frugal. My go to is a wired roku 3 but I got that because my wife wanted to give me a present on my birthday. There are more features on the roku 3 that the roku 2 doesn't have but you can get a wired (ethernet connected) roku two for about 30-40 dollars less. I don't have the roku 2 so I can't vouch for it. Also, some of the roku 2's don't have an ethernet connection.
you have a hd roku?
nixluva
USA
12/13/2015  1:22 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
agreed

Right now Grant's confidence is shot...better to have him watching than see him have issues in a close game which might cost us the game.

This was not a game to develop your rookies at the expense of a victory.

I actually think Jerian would've flourished along with the others playing at that fast pace! He struggled with the slower pace but has always looked good when they got out and ran like tonight. IMO it's about the players approach. There's no need to slow it down and force the side Triangle every time down. They didn't do that tonight and so I think Jerian would've been fine playing FAST!

blkexec
Member: #748
12/13/2015  1:26 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:I think the refs called that right. Plumlee was falling back as he sidestepped. Yes you can be moving and draw a charge but that was the ri()hit call.

I agree. It is rare that Melo gets the correct call though.

I disagree....It clearly shows that Melo can't even beat a 7'1 dude off the dribble anymore. And he clearly lowered his shoulder into Plumlee. It should've been a no call, out on Melo. Just being honest. We have to find a better strategy when closing out games. That was almost a back to back turnover on Melo.....Saved by the ref.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nixluva
USA
12/13/2015  1:33 AM
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:I think the refs called that right. Plumlee was falling back as he sidestepped. Yes you can be moving and draw a charge but that was the ri()hit call.

I disagree....It clearly shows that Melo can't even beat a 7'1 dude off the dribble anymore. And he clearly lowered his shoulder into Plumlee. It should've been a no call, out on Melo. Just being honest. We have to find a better strategy when closing out games. That was almost a back to back turnover on Melo.....Saved by the ref.

Would LOVE for us to have a guard that could create something instead of forcing MELO so much. Gotta hope they can get Jerian on track cuz we need his penetration and kick ability.

CrushAlot
USA
12/13/2015  1:37 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

you have a hd roku?
I have the first roku (720p) and the roku 3. I love both of them but my situation is unique. I live 7 miles outside of rochester but I have buffalo twc. That means that I have one msg and that the sabres blackout the knicks. When msg was taken off of twc ( linsanity) i found an internet television provider called playon. Playon allowed me to stream knick games on my tv. They sucked but they allowed me to watch the Knicks and Linsanity happened during that time. I watched games through a wii and did everything I could to improve the experience but I really needed to get either a better game system or a roku. I chose a roku and later got the roku 3 because i could have a wired connection. The wired connection makes the biggest difference for sports.
CrushAlot
USA
12/13/2015  2:00 AM
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

He had 37 tonight, moved the ball rebounded and played great d. No one was able to stop him. Not sure how you came to your conclusion about his ability. An nba official made the call on Plumlee. That usually doesn't go Melo's way but you can watch the film from a million different angles and see Plumlee moving. Too bad that didn't go the other way and Portland got the win? I don't get your analysis of melo or the call.
CrushAlot
USA
12/13/2015  2:27 AM
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

The Portland Media apparently didn't have an issue with the call. Not sure how scoring 37, moving the ball, playing d, making the free throws that win the game down the stretch = not being able to even beat a 7'1 dude off the dribble but fans of the team that lost disagree.
http://www.columbian.com/news/2015/dec/12/anthonys-37-points-lead-knicks-past-blazers/
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2015/12/trail_blazers_new_york_knicks_game_rewind_2.html
CrushAlot
USA
12/13/2015  2:52 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
ActionJackson wrote:37 pts 6 reb 2 assts 2 blks
6 free throws on isos in final minute
#heroball
This.

Fools gold, in some ways.

You guys do understand that Anthony cannot do this on a regular basis?...I see it as his present to KP for his invisible game, but it is not something we can count on, IMO.

We should relish his performance, and maybe it serves a statement game, in some ways...but it is not the blueprint for consistent success for this team.

I do like that they tried to isolate him closer to the basket- which is something I've been whining about for a while, now.

Hopefully the win and his performance energizes the team.

He passed, played really good d and scored a ton of points. He can't take over a game every night and if the Knicks need him to they won't be successful. But tonight, coming off a losing streak, the Knicks needed this game and he lifted them to a victory. He passed, played d and got buckets.
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/13/2015  3:53 AM
Nice to see O'Quinn have a good game- I suspect he's been dealing with some depression following the death of his dad in the offseason
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/13/2015  10:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/13/2015  10:40 AM
So your saying Plumlee is a really slow footed un athletic center that is not know for defense? And as a Knick fan you feel a call should have gone in favor of Portland? And possibly relishing in the play in Knicks had lost and dismissed the great game your star player had.

blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/13/2015  10:34 AM
It was the pace and better speed that got us back in the game. The 2nd unit was smaller, quicker and got shots off as well as defended well. They were quick to set up the O. This translated to when Melo/Lopez came back in. And Gallo at 1 is our way to go. Calderon is outmatched physically too many nights.

What Fish should learn about tonight.

1- Need to play smaller quicker lineups. Melo at 4, Porzingis at 5. Williams at 4, Quinn at 5. Limit the minutes of Lopez/Porzingis to a maximum of 12 a game (First 6 of each half).

2- Galloway is a much much better defender and presence for a team at PG than Calderon. Have some confidence in Gallo, on a regular basis.

3- Close with Gallo/Afflalo/Thomas/Melo and either Lopez, Porzingis or Quinn from here on out. That is our BEST most athletic, balanced and NBA capable match up wise lineup.

Game Thread: Knicks vs Blazers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy