This.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
herkyJerky
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6155
USA
12/13/2015  12:48 AM
Knicks looked looser tonight, not so robotic and they win. Go figure. RoLo with a bit of a redeeming game. Gallo playing pretty smart for the most part despite not-so-hot shooting. DWill and The Mighty O helping out big time, and LT doing his thing. Melo with a really good game. Good win. Now they get a few days to finally get some decent practice in. Let's see what they can do with that. Hopefully they won't regress back to robo-ball because of it.
If it ain't broke, don't break it. - Charles 'The REAL Sir Charles' Oakley.
ActionJackson
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1602

CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:All the Melo haters belly aching about how that was an offensive foul on Melo - I thought teams were supposed to play through tough calls. Blazers have to blame themselves for putting themselves in this position. Can't blame the refs, Blazers fans / Melo haters
Why would anyone bellyache about a call that went their teams way? This is what I don't get.
Hey man we all LOVE the team, it's that we HATE Melo more and can't stand it when he wins game for us with no help from our favorite players. Hypocrisy at it's finest.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
fitzfarm wrote:I want more dwill and Melo on the court together

Agreed. I really liked the lineup with DWill / Melo / KP on the court in the second quarter. Feel like they made a strong run at that point.

¿ △ ?
Chandler
Member: #6197

Glad knicks won obviously but they need work to progress. They're not going to get those games consistently from Melo (though we should expect more from KP)

Lessons that fisher should learn.:
dDwill and melo can play together effectively.
Koq brings it on defense and energy
Jose has to shoot or sit (I'd put him on second unit)
Gallo or Jerian should attack. Knicks can be effective at a fast pace especially w dwill who can draw fouls.
Mix it up on offense. They ran a lot of plays from the weakside and I think the extra space (two man game) helped them squeeze out a few more buckets

(5)(5)
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/13/2015  12:49 AM
crzymdups wrote:Felt like Galloway played a fantastic overall game tonight. Surprised to see he only shot 2-8fg - but I think it's a good sign that he played hard and very well despite shooting poorly. Sometimes it seems if he misses shots it throws off the rest of his game.

His job was to play D.

He and Lance are probably on oxygen as I write this.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
herkyJerky
Member: #6155
USA
12/13/2015  12:49 AM
Oh, and yeah, nice amount of FTs. Those help sometimes.
If it ain't broke, don't break it. - Charles 'The REAL Sir Charles' Oakley.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/13/2015  12:50 AM
ActionJackson wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:All the Melo haters belly aching about how that was an offensive foul on Melo - I thought teams were supposed to play through tough calls. Blazers have to blame themselves for putting themselves in this position. Can't blame the refs, Blazers fans / Melo haters
Why would anyone bellyache about a call that went their teams way? This is what I don't get.
Hey man we all LOVE the team, it's that we HATE Melo more and can't stand it when he wins game for us with no help from our favorite players. Hypocrisy at it's finest.
being a little overdramatic.
crzymdups
USA
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
melo played great tonight BUT he needs to play like this much more
Huh? Talking about one call right?

Apparently Melo needs to score 37 points a game and shoot 62% for fans to forgive him for getting fouled.

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

crzymdups wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
markvmc wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Rough call on Lance. He played great D on Lillard again and they gave Lillard a bail out call.

Is that more of a foul than Melo got on his last shot in Sacto?

That's a foul all day long.

I hate that call. It's the Chris Paul / Dwyane Wade BS. Lillard had no intention of shooting, was just trying to draw a foul.

Lance has to go up straight...can't bite on the fake.

Easier said than done, though.

I agree - but Lillard also jumped into Lance. I wish they wouldn't call that crap when a guy clearly alters his natural shooting motion to jump into their defender. I wish they'd call an offensive foul on it. But Wade and CP3 have been doing it for years and it's become a standard call. I don't remember guys doing it before Wade and CP3.

I think Frazier and Monroe used to do it. Clyde was always pretty slick.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/13/2015  12:51 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
TeamBall wrote:I hate you, Tony Brothers.
I don't think there is a fan of any team that likes Brothers. His awful calls are random and contest deciding.

Agree he's like an ump w a changing strike zone. He has a bad day every day

(5)(5)
crzymdups
USA
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That is what curry dose on a nightly basis .... Melo needs to play like this every night ... Thanks Barkley for setting a fire under his ass

Curry is an MVP. And has a fantastic roster around him. If Melo had Dray Green and Klay Thompson and Andrew Bogut and Shaun Livingston and Andre Igoudala... I mean... seriously? Look at the Warriors roster. Steph can't do it alone.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Have a habit of watching the came with no volume when the Knicks are away.

Did not realize it was a foul until Plumlee complained- until then I thought it was going to be a charging violation.

We deserved a call at that point, although the refs did their best to screw him/us with the non-call on the push.

Plumlee was moving the whole time. Not sure how that wouldn't go Melo's way.
Also, having some trouble with ballstreams. If I watch on my computer it is fine but I have a wired connection on my roku and never experienced lag/buffering. This year that happens all the time. Not that big a deal if I allow it to buffer for 5-10 minutes. Are you having any issues?
StarksEwing1

crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Huh? Talking about one call right?

Apparently Melo needs to score 37 points a game and shoot 62% for fans to forgive him for getting fouled.

im just talking in general. Im neutral when it comes to melo. I just want him to play well
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

12/13/2015  12:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/13/2015  12:53 AM
Great road win. If we want to continue with this momentum, KOQ and DWILL must continue to play bigger roles on the team. Gallo or Jerian have to continue playing more and Calderon cannot close out games anymore.

As you saw tonight, Fish benched him the entire 4th and kept Gallo in and we were able to finish a close game and defended much better. If anything, I hope that Fish learned this lesson after tonight.

Also, Grant has to be in the rotation; don't understand the DNP tonight.

p.s. I have no problem with KP being benched in crunch time if he's not playing well or in bad matchups when a vet is playing well. Nothing wrong with that; he's still a rook.

StarksEwing1

12/13/2015  12:53 AM
The bench really showed some guts tonight
crzymdups
USA
12/13/2015  12:53 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
markvmc wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Rough call on Lance. He played great D on Lillard again and they gave Lillard a bail out call.

Is that more of a foul than Melo got on his last shot in Sacto?

That's a foul all day long.

I hate that call. It's the Chris Paul / Dwyane Wade BS. Lillard had no intention of shooting, was just trying to draw a foul.

Lance has to go up straight...can't bite on the fake.

Easier said than done, though.

I agree - but Lillard also jumped into Lance. I wish they wouldn't call that crap when a guy clearly alters his natural shooting motion to jump into their defender. I wish they'd call an offensive foul on it. But Wade and CP3 have been doing it for years and it's become a standard call. I don't remember guys doing it before Wade and CP3.

I think Frazier and Monroe used to do it. Clyde was always pretty slick.

It just strikes me as sort of cheating - I don't like it being called. It's the same thing with the guys like Reggie Miller and JKidd who would kick their legs out on three pointers to draw foul calls. Seems cheap.

I hate seeing teams get the cheap fouls while we seem to get robbed of legitimate ones.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/13/2015  12:54 AM
Only issue I have is Fish going with Jose so much which I think weakened our D. Why DNP Jerian? We needed a quicker guard IMO.
StarksEwing1

12/13/2015  12:54 AM
nixluva wrote:Only issue I have is Fish going with Jose so much which I think weakened our D. Why DNP Jerian? We needed a quicker guard IMO.
agreed
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/13/2015  12:56 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ActionJackson wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
being a little overdramatic.
Dude, when Melo is getting non calls, offensive fouls or phantom calls against him you always validate them in game threads. Not typical fan behavior in my opinion. There are guys that I have hated on the Knicks. Nothing wrong with that. Tyson, D'Antoni, Shump in the end etc. Own your melo hate. Do that and I don't think guys will call you Irish anymore. Anyone that spends anytime here knows where you stand. The waffling is what Irish did.
Game Thread: Knicks vs Blazers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy