Game Thread: KNICKS @ KINGS The Rondo show
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/11/2015  7:07 AM
Caseloads wrote:I was on the court for the game (behind the knicks bench):

Dirk said it best - the knicks best line up is with KP at the 5, Melo at 4, lance at 3, afflalo at 2 and LG (shudder) at 1.
our problem is based on me watching from the court tonight:
KP is too tall and too thin/lanky. Cousins abused him and bullied him. There is Shawn Bradley in KP
knicks best offense is still ISO MELO - VERY SAD, BUT TRUE
no post game (ROLO is LOST on offense when he gets the ball)
Afflalo is just old - his best days are behind him. He doesn't have young legs and doesn't get lift on his jumper and that is the reason / one of the reasons we lost tonight
LG can't hit a jump shot
Calderon can't defend.
We don't get foul calls
We don't get steals
basically we have no defenders and no offensive players (other than melo), and no athletic players. also the players are not engaged (Fisher's fault). There was no real "coaching" in the game. Standing on the sidelines is not coaching.
we are screwed.
PS - MELO does get hacked and does not get calls. The refs are against the knicks, which is sad, but true. Pulling, tugging, etc on the knicks and no calls.

There was no triangle being run.

Thanks for sharing the observations. It sounds like you had good seats Were you close enough to hear Fisher during time outs?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
12/11/2015  8:59 AM

Melo, actually rotates well in this play....is in the right spot...and then....jumps out of the way. Rondo is shooting 50% from the line this season. Foul him if you don't think you can stop him. This is a big reason why KP at the 5 with Melo at the 4 doesn't work.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
USA
12/11/2015  9:03 AM

Much talk about how awesome this move was....but if KP isn't a rookie Cousins gets called for the offensive foul hooking/clearing him with the elbow. Lance Thomas and DWill (maybe Seraphin) have gotten hit with that in way less obvious situations.

Also notice Sasha comes to contest....Melo stands in the paint doing nothing.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
USA
12/11/2015  9:08 AM

WTF is Rolo doing here? Who was he guarding?

PURE KNICKS LOVE
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/11/2015  9:28 AM
Andrew wrote:

Much talk about how awesome this move was....but if KP isn't a rookie Cousins gets called for the offensive foul hooking/clearing him with the elbow. Lance Thomas and DWill (maybe Seraphin) have gotten hit with that in way less obvious situations.

Also notice Sasha comes to contest....Melo stands in the paint doing nothing.

Anthony would have gotten called for hooking or using his elbow.

KP was not flopping on the play.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

12/11/2015  9:33 AM
Andrew wrote:

Melo, actually rotates well in this play....is in the right spot...and then....jumps out of the way. Rondo is shooting 50% from the line this season. Foul him if you don't think you can stop him. This is a big reason why KP at the 5 with Melo at the 4 doesn't work.

You can also make a case that Cousins set a moving pick on Porzingis on this play. Subtle, but he effectively kept KP from getting into the play. Clever read of the positioning by Rondo, though.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/11/2015  9:38 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Andrew wrote:

You can also make a case that Cousins set a moving pick on Porzingis on this play. Subtle, but he effectively kept KP from getting into the play. Clever read of the positioning by Rondo, though.

KP has his back to the ball handler on some Amare sht.

ES
Andrew
USA
12/11/2015  9:46 AM
knicks1248 wrote:KP has his back to the ball handler on some Amare sht.

No. Not even close. KP was fronting Cousins and for a split second spun to get around him. You are grasping there.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/11/2015  9:49 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Andrew wrote:

I just wish Calderon was phucking gone from this team....sick of seeing point guards dunk on our asses.

Caseloads
Member: #41
12/11/2015  9:56 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Caseloads wrote:I was on the court for the game (behind the knicks bench):

Dirk said it best - the knicks best line up is with KP at the 5, Melo at 4, lance at 3, afflalo at 2 and LG (shudder) at 1.
our problem is based on me watching from the court tonight:
KP is too tall and too thin/lanky. Cousins abused him and bullied him. There is Shawn Bradley in KP
knicks best offense is still ISO MELO - VERY SAD, BUT TRUE
no post game (ROLO is LOST on offense when he gets the ball)
Afflalo is just old - his best days are behind him. He doesn't have young legs and doesn't get lift on his jumper and that is the reason / one of the reasons we lost tonight
LG can't hit a jump shot
Calderon can't defend.
We don't get foul calls
We don't get steals
basically we have no defenders and no offensive players (other than melo), and no athletic players. also the players are not engaged (Fisher's fault). There was no real "coaching" in the game. Standing on the sidelines is not coaching.
we are screwed.
PS - MELO does get hacked and does not get calls. The refs are against the knicks, which is sad, but true. Pulling, tugging, etc on the knicks and no calls.

There was no triangle being run.

Thanks for sharing the observations. It sounds like you had good seats Were you close enough to hear Fisher during time outs?

too loud to hear fish during time outs. but I was on ESPN's TNT for the entire footage. even a small clip of me seeing a knicks defensive breakdown, and calling what rondo was going to do a second before he did it by pointing.
Caseloads
Member: #41
12/11/2015  9:58 AM
BRIGGS wrote:That Rondo dunk was nasty best of year in game

it was pretty amazing

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/11/2015  10:02 AM
Andrew wrote:

Why does Melo even jump at that point if he's not going to contest? He should've at least fouled him, guaranteed to miss 1 at least...

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/11/2015  10:54 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Yeah, Cousins was grabbing and holding KP. And, I agree, Cousins elbowed/hooked him on the previous play and Melo absolutely would've been called for it.

Good read by Rondo though. Man, I wish we had a guard that aware and willing to attack.

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire

12/11/2015  11:20 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Trying to prevent the entry pass to Cousins...had a couple of tips doing this in the game, if you noticed them.

knicks1248
12/11/2015  12:19 PM
Andrew wrote:

No. Not even close. KP was fronting Cousins and for a split second spun to get around him. You are grasping there.

Are you you kidding me, he did try to front him, but he turned his back on rondo for a second and ronda recognize it quickly. Not only was kp in a bad position to help, he essentially screened calderon from defending rondo as Calderon gave him a couple feet probably thinking kp would face front cousins and slide over to cut off the base line.

Calderon is in a better position if rondo decides to go right, and again rondo reads it well, and goes left. where's the help

ES
knicks1248
12/11/2015  12:20 PM
Perfect thread title BTW.. I knew he was going to kill us
ES
Andrew
USA
12/11/2015  12:21 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Why does Melo even jump at that point if he's not going to contest? He should've at least fouled him, guaranteed to miss 1 at least...

Melo says: "I'm saving my fouls for the offensive end."

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
USA
12/11/2015  12:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Are you you kidding me, he did try to front him, but he turned his back on rondo for a second and ronda recognize it quickly. Not only was kp in a bad position to help, he essentially screened calderon from defending rondo as Calderon gave him a couple feet probably thinking kp would face front cousins and slide over to cut off the base line.

Calderon is in a better position if rondo decides to go right, and again rondo reads it well, and goes left. where's the help

Not a perfect defensive play from the rookie, but you compared it to the Amare play where he turned his back on the guy with the ball. Not even close.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
LivingLegend
Member: #1645

12/11/2015  1:02 PM
Caseloads wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
TPercy wrote:Nevermind. That was Melos fault aswell. KP was wide open under the basket

Tough pass to make in time allowed . . .

I disagree. That is a simple lob pass

sorry - KP missed a bunch of simple buckets around the hoop tonight. If I were melo, I would have also taken the shot. He was fouled. melo was the only one on offense tonight.

Yeah and Melo was perfect around the basket.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
12/11/2015  1:34 PM
Despite my better judgment, I again watched the Game...

Tempo/pacing still sucked - no hustling or sense of urgency until the late 4th.
Why not give D.Williams more minutes - especially against his old team?
Melo did keep us in the game (at that slow pace where he brings the ball up and everybody picks a spot to glue themselves to)
Melo is not Lebron or Jordan - those players would not have missed a 7'2" player right under the basket on the last play
Melo's play at tne end is like the 4th problem the Knicks should work on
It was positively surprising how well KP did against Cousins in the 4th - maybe he can play some minutes at the 5 w/o getting abused
Add all these up and it's hard not to assign some blame to the coach

Game Thread: KNICKS @ KINGS The Rondo show

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy