[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Houston or Sprewell
Author Thread
killacross
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #58
USA
12/15/2001  1:31 AM
whos going be the first to go. Hopefully a big trade is around the corner, and one of these two will probably be involved. who will it be??? Im thinkin spree for two obvious reasons, hes has a much higher trade value and he costs less. Whoever we get lets hope he is atleast young so we can build toward the future... none of this dale davis, gpate, the admiral, or the mailman BS. Lets go for odom!!
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/15/2001  9:03 PM
Why would you want to trade either of them or camby when they're finally playing so well together? Yeah the team is kind of in a slump, but thats just because the supporting cast isn't playing anywhere near its full potential. In other words, we need to break-up the big three, but improve the talent around them. Get a young, quicker point guard and a better power forward/center, maybe LaFrentz or Jackson would do it.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
12/15/2001  9:48 PM
Camby is playing better, but he still has no low post moves. He isn't drawing a double team from guards, which would help Houston because he'd get more open looks. The Knicks played a good team in Detroit and lost it by an inch, same with the Celtics. They just came out flat against the Wiz, but still, they could be 2 for their last 3, instead they're of for their last 3. They don't need to do anything huge because anything like that would hurt this team. I say hold out until the draft, because this year's draft looks promising, and try to get someone to help out downlow, like Carlos Boozer, who can score AND rebound, or draft a quicker PG like Tito Maddox, who plays in the ABA because he was kicked out of the NCAA last year, but he is a 6 4 PG who played @ Fresno St. and I think avg. around 15 points and 8 assists. Either one of those guys would help us.
#Knickstaps
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/16/2001  3:08 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Camby is playing better, but he still has no low post moves

Let's not get toooooo conclusive here. Camby has no moves. Zero. Nada.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
12/16/2001  10:29 AM
Yeah, thats what I said, he has nothing except that overhead shot that looks like a soccer throw-in.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
USA
12/16/2001  12:47 PM
He doesn't need that many post moves, but needs at least one and needs to work on a quick shot. If he can hit 1 out of every 2 mid-range shots, we'll be in good shape.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
12/16/2001  1:29 PM
I wish he could develop a little something -- it would easily make him the second best center in the NBA.
We suck.
Knixkik
USA
12/16/2001  4:38 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

I wish he could develop a little something -- it would easily make him the second best center in the NBA.
You're right about that. Because of Camby's potential, the only center i would prefer over him at this point is Shaq. Camby is capable of being the second best center, but he isn't at this point. He is currently the best rebounder in the league so hopefully he can keep that up and this will be the start for him being the second best center.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/16/2001  4:42 PM
Posted by Knixkik:
Posted by MCfan23:

You're right about that. Because of Camby's potential, the only center i would prefer over him at this point is Shaq. Camby is capable of being the second best center, but he isn't at this point. He is currently the best rebounder in the league so hopefully he can keep that up and this will be the start for him being the second best center.

I am not yet convinced that Camby is the league's best rebounder, stats aside. I still say that the lack of any other rebounder (PF that gets into foul trouble, undersized SF, non rebounding back court) on the Knicks has paved the way for padded rebounding numbers.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Houston or Sprewell

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy