Knicks at Utah Jazz 9pm 12/9
Author Thread
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

12/9/2015  11:37 PM
dacash wrote:well atleast the jazz fans got some chicken
soooooooooooo see u all tommorrow

I reckon he did that on purpose. Surely no pro can miss 2 fts that badly in succession?

AUTOADVERT
herkyJerky
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6155
USA
12/10/2015  12:32 AM
Too many times the Knicks were completely lost on defense and there was no communication at all. And this goes for both the starters and the 2nd Unit.
Combination of bad nights for both Melo and KP is a disaster. Add to that the fact that AA was not selfish enough tonight = even more disaster.
Before I can get any kind of idea of what exactly the problem is, I need to know if the Knicks as a team are following Fisher's game plan closely, or if they've been straying more often lately, because during the last few games they are not at all playing the way they were earlier this season. Way too many Jump Shots and not enough aggressive plays to the basket. They are not going to win many games at all if they stick to that offensive plan. Way too many times they gave up on plays to the basket to kickk out to someone for a J, long after it had been established that most of the guys were off with their shots. Not very smart. It seems like everyone who's gotten consistent play over the last dozen or so games has regressed while the guys who have been sitting out have jacked up their hustle. Sasha friggin Vujacic was a +21 or something ridiculous like that.
Guys need to communicate more on D, and Fisher has to seriously re-think his plan for the offense.
If it ain't broke, don't break it. - Charles 'The REAL Sir Charles' Oakley.
Kemet
Member: #6148

12/10/2015  12:41 AM
Utah Jazz embarrassed us before halftime .. two more games like that and Phil with have to hire Fisher replacement asap.
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

12/10/2015  1:01 AM
Another Stealth Defensive effort vs Utah Jazz <nba non-elite>
by our current NYK coach leadership(??) 5x NBA champion Derrick Fisher.
Way to go DFish ! Another blowout..

Disgrace at highest order Part 2:

what's going on ?
"Quoting" Marvin Gaye's record

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Kemet
Member: #6148

12/10/2015  1:20 AM
herkyJerky wrote:Too many times the Knicks were completely lost on defense and there was no communication at all. And this goes for both the starters and the 2nd Unit.
Combination of bad nights for both Melo and KP is a disaster. Add to that the fact that AA was not selfish enough tonight = even more disaster.
Before I can get any kind of idea of what exactly the problem is, I need to know if the Knicks as a team are following Fisher's game plan closely, or if they've been straying more often lately, because during the last few games they are not at all playing the way they were earlier this season. Way too many Jump Shots and not enough aggressive plays to the basket. They are not going to win many games at all if they stick to that offensive plan. Way too many times they gave up on plays to the basket to kickk out to someone for a J, long after it had been established that most of the guys were off with their shots. Not very smart. It seems like everyone who's gotten consistent play over the last dozen or so games has regressed while the guys who have been sitting out have jacked up their hustle. Sasha friggin Vujacic was a +21 or something ridiculous like that.
Guys need to communicate more on D, and Fisher has to seriously re-think his plan for the offense.

Did Fisher call a Time-Out for the lineup that went on a 18-2 run? No!
Didnt that lineup earn a rest, plus a verbal boost of confidence from the coach for their effort.
That same lineup we haven't seen on the court since our preseason games ..
Quinn, D.Will, Lance, Sasha, Galloway

herkyJerky
Member: #6155
USA
12/10/2015  2:07 AM
Kemet wrote:
herkyJerky wrote:Too many times the Knicks were completely lost on defense and there was no communication at all. And this goes for both the starters and the 2nd Unit.

Did Fisher call a Time-Out for the lineup that went on a 18-2 run? No!
Didnt that lineup earn a rest, plus a verbal boost of confidence from the coach for their effort.
That same lineup we haven't seen on the court since our preseason games ..
Quinn, D.Will, Lance, Sasha, Galloway

He might have given them a verbal boost of confidence after the game, I don't know. If he's thinking about tinkering with the starting line-up than you have to assume one of the bench guys will be sliding up. That's kind of a boost in confidence. And it's kind of tough to call a time-out when your guys are on a run. I'm more concerned with the time-out he didn't call at the start of the game, around 2:30 minutes in. I'd have to watch the game again, but I probably won't. Sometimes there are legitimate reasons for not calling a time-out when it's looking like you should.
My concern is the inability to make adjustments to the offense within the game. I'm not saying that they need to stop taking as many jump shots in general for the rest of the season. But when it's looking like guys are starting the game cold from beyond 5 feet of the basket, you should seriously consider taking a different and more aggressive approach right away. And I mean right away. Like, immediately. Don't just keep going about it the same way for the next 5 or 6 minutes of playing time and hope guys start to heat up. Easier said than done I suppose, but you should at least try.
All I know is the Knicks have looked a lot better when guys like DWill, Gallo, Grant and more recently AA have based half or almost half of their offense on aggressive plays to the basket, even if they're not finishing successfully a lot but are at least drawing fouls. I don't know if it's the guys getting lazier, or if they're being coached to kick out more often. I like the drive and kick stuff, but like I said if most of your shooters are cold at the start of the game you have to make an adjustment.

If it ain't broke, don't break it. - Charles 'The REAL Sir Charles' Oakley.
Knicks at Utah Jazz 9pm 12/9

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy