Talent Wise, we should be able to compete tonight
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

12/7/2015  10:26 PM
Andrew wrote:
Kemet wrote:Whats the story?
Fisher gave Calderon 35 minute playing time tonite.
Oh ok

Sad reality. No guard on the team is playing well enough to take his spot. Oh...did you check his stat line?

This is so true. Lit up by Felton and deron.

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/7/2015  10:26 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
clyderules wrote:Takeaway from this game is that KP should be our center.

Not for the whole game. We need to find a trade for a better passing big. Seraphin is not that dude and so is Rolo

or ... throw the triangle in the garbage and lets play some damn ball.

Have to agree. Among most coaches, this type of offensive scheme is best when talent level is low. Or at the Y. But best when you have Jordan and Pippen or Kobe and Shaq on the team. Which at that point, doea not mattwr what you run. Really tired of slowing down the pace only to give Rolo or Seraphin the ball for decision making. Think running lots of pick and rolls with anyone and KP mixed in with post ups for Melo and Aflalo would be more successful. But must say, our defense in first 3 quarters lost us the game today. And we need more talent on the bench. Hopefully we continue to build the roster in months and years to come. Was not a fan of the Lopez signing, Felt it was a knee jerk signing after missing on Monroe. Would have preferred our 2 back up centers from last year and using that extra money on bench.

what you are going to see is fisher continuing to use the triangle as an underlying theme, but eventually he and his primary players are going to find a balance between starting possessions with the triangle or not. i think it is rash to scrap a system when the developmental arc of this team remains two years. just because kp6 has emerged does not change that narrative back into the "playoff or bust" meme.

like most posters i would like to see a greater amount of possessions focus on a melo/kp6 pick and roll game.

i did not see the game, but i heard most of it. obviously their defense is what sank them, as you say.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
TeamBall
Member: #4386

12/7/2015  10:29 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I thought KP played poorly defensively. Besides scoring what did he do outside of the late game stretch.

Wants to be down low blocking shots...

I felt that his attention drifted from his man at times. Knicks also seemed confused on their assignments on more than one occasion.

Part of the learning process. This is where watching game recordings will help him.

According to Fish we haven't really been able to practice. That really makes me question the (apparent) decision to have them switch everything this game.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/7/2015  10:34 PM
not watching the post game but saw this on twitter.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/7/2015  10:35 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Kemet
Member: #6148

12/7/2015  10:38 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I know Gallo is in a slump but you really want lance on the floor on offense over him? Fisher is the best.

yes. LT is much better offensively than gallo

gallo is playing terribly stupid basketball.

I still trust Gallo more in the clutch and he is a more proven shooter.

Despite, Gallo's poor shooting he is still getting ast, rebs, & steps in limited minutes.

Gallo is our best closer PG

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/7/2015  10:40 PM
Kemet wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I know Gallo is in a slump but you really want lance on the floor on offense over him? Fisher is the best.

Despite, Gallo's poor shooting he is still getting ast, rebs, & steps in limited minutes.

Just don't think this is true at this point in time.

Love Gallo...but he's not been the guy he was at the beginning of the year, unfortunately.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

12/7/2015  10:42 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Maybe they are watching the Clipper/Wolves game.

Tight finish.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Kemet
Member: #6148

12/7/2015  10:43 PM
Andrew wrote:
Oh ok

Sad reality. No guard on the team is playing well enough to take his spot. Oh...did you check his stat line?

If Gallo gets 35 minutes, and Afflalo gets 30 minutes then theres 30 minutes for Gallo n Grant to split

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

12/7/2015  10:44 PM
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

Not for the whole game. We need to find a trade for a better passing big. Seraphin is not that dude and so is Rolo

Have to agree. Among most coaches, this type of offensive scheme is best when talent level is low. Or at the Y. But best when you have Jordan and Pippen or Kobe and Shaq on the team. Which at that point, doea not mattwr what you run. Really tired of slowing down the pace only to give Rolo or Seraphin the ball for decision making. Think running lots of pick and rolls with anyone and KP mixed in with post ups for Melo and Aflalo would be more successful. But must say, our defense in first 3 quarters lost us the game today. And we need more talent on the bench. Hopefully we continue to build the roster in months and years to come. Was not a fan of the Lopez signing, Felt it was a knee jerk signing after missing on Monroe. Would have preferred our 2 back up centers from last year and using that extra money on bench.

what you are going to see is fisher continuing to use the triangle as an underlying theme, but eventually he and his primary players are going to find a balance between starting possessions with the triangle or not. i think it is rash to scrap a system when the developmental arc of this team remains two years. just because kp6 has emerged does not change that narrative back into the "playoff or bust" meme.

like most posters i would like to see a greater amount of possessions focus on a melo/kp6 pick and roll game.

i did not see the game, but i heard most of it. obviously their defense is what sank them, as you say.

Good points. May be that I'm partial to several other schemes, most that are predicated on match ups. Which may differ from game to game. Hope and think you are right though. The team will have to figure out when to be aggressive and when to run the triangle. I just hope that the eagerness to prove the validity of a offense scheme does not keep the coaching staff from taking advantage of nightly position advantages.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
mreinman
Member: #3189

12/7/2015  10:59 PM
Chandler wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Oh ok

This is so true. Lit up by Felton and deron.

he wasnt lit up. Dirk's picks are impossible to handle.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
dk7th
USA
12/7/2015  10:59 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

Good points. May be that I'm partial to several other schemes, most that are predicated on match ups. Which may differ from game to game. Hope and think you are right though. The team will have to figure out when to be aggressive and when to run the triangle. I just hope that the eagerness to prove the validity of a offense scheme does not keep the coaching staff from taking advantage of nightly position advantages.

i don't see an ego-driven monomania with jackson and fisher. nor do i see an asinine streak in fisher. i see a keen mind and a leader of men as well. he and his players are finding a way and in my opinion are developing and gelling according to schedule. twenty-two games in and they are on pace to win 37 games.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman
Member: #3189

12/7/2015  11:04 PM
Kemet wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

now isn't that special

so here is what phil is thinking ....
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/8/2015  11:10 PM
Highlight video but still good enough to show how many times Jose and Melo miss KP, both go towards the rim and bring with them multiple defenders while the guy who can't miss in the game is sitting at the 3 point line unguarded. 2:30 mark, 1:00 mark, something like that.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/9/2015  12:25 AM
martin wrote:Highlight video but still good enough to show how many times Jose and Melo miss KP, both go towards the rim and bring with them multiple defenders while the guy who can't miss in the game is sitting at the 3 point line unguarded. 2:30 mark, 1:00 mark, something like that.

The Jose misses of an open KP are hard to take. You know MELO can have blinders on but Jose is supposed to be looking for KP! I know the coaches have been on Jose to look for his shot but at that point in the game setting up KP is the primary focus.

dk7th
USA
12/9/2015  7:35 AM
yes at the 2:30 and 1:10 mark first melo and then calderon. both could have reversed their dribbles and kicked it out to kp6. on melo's drive he was called for an offensive which just made the decision even worse. and then melo gets a tech for a bad no call in a melo-iso. then melo gets called for another offensive foul for grabbing his man while setting a pick for kp. that's a TON of lost momentum by melo down the stretch. i wish he possessed some poise and savvy like paul pierce. pierce would never have made those same momentum killing mistakes.
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

12/9/2015  9:42 AM
I know we're supposed to be mad looking at this, but just watching Porzingis rebound, block, shoot from 3 and take it to the hoop, I can't stop smiling. We have something special here.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/9/2015  9:53 AM
markvmc wrote:I know we're supposed to be mad looking at this, but just watching Porzingis rebound, block, shoot from 3 and take it to the hoop, I can't stop smiling. We have something special here.

Same. Knowing the future of the Knicks is in good hands is something to feel hopeful about.

Can't wait until Melo and Calderon are washed off the books, hopefully sooner rather than later.

WaltLongmire

12/9/2015  11:01 AM
For what it's worth-just to see the in-game communication...watch the play at the end where Anthony gets the foul for holding Pachulia.

He's actually directing Calderon to pass the ball back to KP around 5:41, so he knew that the screen he was going to set would get Porzingis a good look.

A moot point at this time, but one instance where Anthony and Calderon, who missed KP at key moments, both had the right idea.

Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
12/9/2015  11:12 AM
What is Rolo saying to DWill right after the Melo offensive foul (screen)? Any lip readers out there?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Talent Wise, we should be able to compete tonight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy