Game Thread: Knicks vs Bucks
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

12/5/2015  11:13 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
mreinman wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:On most nights our big three should be leading in shot selection Kp #2 on that list

we don't have a big three ... its comical how desperate some are to create one.

I'd hate to tell you this but this is "our"big three no body else on this team even come close to their talent level

Jose and Lopez got owned tonight on defense

then last year are big three were Lou, Lance and Langston

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
mreinman

12/5/2015  11:36 PM
at least wally mentioned how our defense was stupidly chasing MCW over screens ... really silly
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/5/2015  11:41 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:Knicks just never had it tonight. It happens.

they were making a good run until melo took that horrible horrible 3 with KP wide open.

Even with KP back in there it may not have put us over the top. Maybe Fish saw KP laboring and rather than just a rest he felt it wasn't worth wearing him out. Whatever it was it's not like Fish isn't trying to win. He knows more about his players energy levels than we do from here. KP looked tired as did many others. The missed FT's was also a sign among other things that the team was low on gas. IT HAPPENS!!!

you can say that about any coach even bad ones - that they know their players better. Anyway ... there were much sillier things tonight like the defense on MCW which was really really embarrassing that we did not get the memo that he can't shoot. We went over every pick and ran him off shots.

Melo was awful ... that is why he gets abused so often.

Afflalo just won't pass.

i didnt see the entire game, but from the looks of the stat sheet, the knicks were super unprepared, the bucks are one of the worst shooting teams in the league (they only took four 3 point attempts for the entire game) and looks like we defended the 3 and left the paint wide open

ES
mreinman

12/5/2015  11:43 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:Knicks just never had it tonight. It happens.

they were making a good run until melo took that horrible horrible 3 with KP wide open.

Even with KP back in there it may not have put us over the top. Maybe Fish saw KP laboring and rather than just a rest he felt it wasn't worth wearing him out. Whatever it was it's not like Fish isn't trying to win. He knows more about his players energy levels than we do from here. KP looked tired as did many others. The missed FT's was also a sign among other things that the team was low on gas. IT HAPPENS!!!

you can say that about any coach even bad ones - that they know their players better. Anyway ... there were much sillier things tonight like the defense on MCW which was really really embarrassing that we did not get the memo that he can't shoot. We went over every pick and ran him off shots.

Melo was awful ... that is why he gets abused so often.

Afflalo just won't pass.

i didnt see the entire game, but from the looks of the stat sheet, the knicks were super unprepared, the bucks are one of the worst shooting teams in the league (they only took four 3 point attempts for the entire game) and looks like we defended the 3 and left the paint wide open

right. We ran the wrong team off their shots.

Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

12/5/2015  11:44 PM
OK have a good laugh .. We lost the game at tip-off .. we never had the lead, we started shooting n missing 3 ball shots at tip-off hitting 6 for 25 in the game .. our 2nd unit pressure defense wasnt enough to stop the Bucks from scoring 60 pts inside the paint compared to our 30 pts in the paint .... we are a jump shooting team!!!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/6/2015  1:00 AM
Malcolm wrote:
Kemet wrote:
mreinman wrote:how the hell does seraphin have 5 assists and Afflalo ZERO?

Afflalo will give u a dime one in every 3 games.
Its not so bad .. Melo shot 6-17 rather than 7-23

Afflalo shoots well and plays defense. Good enough for me . . .
This.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
12/6/2015  1:03 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Not a fan of Fisher's late game subs, but KP might be on the bench because he's spent from a back to back more than anything. Makes you more vulnerable to getting hurt. At least I hope thats the reasoning.

That and foul trouble. 2 fouls before the end of the first quarter and five fouls with too much time left in the fourth were not good.
CrushAlot
USA
12/6/2015  1:05 AM
herkyJerky wrote:
mreinman wrote:
herkyJerky wrote:I hate to do this but it's interesting how guys aren't calling out stupid stuff that KP did tonight.

he is a kid ... why does a rookie seem to play with far more brains then a vet super star?

It just shows a complete lack of fairness and objectivity, hard to take it seriously.

This. Had to watch the game on tape and looking at the game thread after because I didn't want to know the outcome. Funny how differently it is seen by one.
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
12/6/2015  1:22 AM
knicks looked gassed collectively, including kp6. i have seen only one or two other games where we lost by being exhausted. not bad. projecting to 38 wins as of tonight. i predicted 34 so they're exceeding my expectations at least.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
clyderules
Member: #6156

12/6/2015  1:24 AM
Melo sucked (as usual).
Rolo sucked (as usual).
Afflalo meh and not passing reminds me of Melo.
Calderon sucked (as usual).
Porzingis not used enough and not given the ball enough (as usual).
Seraphin awful (as usual).
Galloway awful.
Grant not ready.
Thomas good.
Williams meh.
Fisher worse than awful.
This is really not a good team and we need to use every opportunity to build for our future by trading Melo (if possible), Lopez, Afflalo, Calderon, Williams, and Seraphin. I wish it were otherwise.
CrushAlot
USA
12/6/2015  1:36 AM
clyderules wrote:Melo sucked (as usual).
Rolo sucked (as usual).
Afflalo meh and not passing reminds me of Melo.
Calderon sucked (as usual).
Porzingis not used enough and not given the ball enough (as usual).
Seraphin awful (as usual).
Galloway awful.
Grant not ready.
Thomas good.
Williams meh.
Fisher worse than awful.
This is really not a good team and we need to use every opportunity to build for our future by trading Melo (if possible), Lopez, Afflalo, Calderon, Williams, and Seraphin. I wish it were otherwise.
Love porzingis but didn't think it was his night. he was in foul trouble very early and turned the ball over a lot. Loved that put back but I didn't see the not used enough. The guy had 2 fouls in the first quarter and five early in the fourth. The bucks play very aggressive d and the Knicks were coming off a back to back. Not the teams night.
clyderules

12/6/2015  1:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2015  1:49 AM
All true but this team can never win. We have too many players who are mediocre at best. Our "star" is actually horrid. So is our coach though he might still be learning.
Porzingis, Grant and Galloway are the only 3 guys who could contribute to a championship contender down the line in a meaningful way. The rest should be traded if possible to build for a better day.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
12/6/2015  9:40 AM
clyderules wrote:Fisher worse than awful.

I thought he coached a good game. Please explain.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/6/2015  10:18 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Not a fan of Fisher's late game subs, but KP might be on the bench because he's spent from a back to back more than anything. Makes you more vulnerable to getting hurt. At least I hope thats the reasoning.

That and foul trouble. 2 fouls before the end of the first quarter and five fouls with too much time left in the fourth were not good.

Thats also a possible symptom of fatigue, cant keep up with your man. Didnt watch those fouls on KP closely last night, but he did look gassed.

clyderules

12/6/2015  2:45 PM
Fisher let Seraphin hurt us by leaving him in when there were other options.

He needs to pull Melo when Melo forgets that he's part of a team or doesn't play hard on defense.

The basic offense of forcing the ball into Lopez in the post even though he's virtually useless once he gets it is stupid.

Pulling KP when we got the deficit down to 10 points or so with about 6 minutes left sealed our fate.

Running no plays for Porzingis is ridiculous.

Game Thread: Knicks vs Bucks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy