[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks vs Nets...Kristaps will show you who's the best!
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/5/2015  10:11 AM
I just saw an article on netsdaily talking about Hollins being in trouble. The article brought up the Pierce/Garnett trade. I knew the nets gave up their 16 pick but I didn't know that they gave the celts their 2018 first and the right to swap in 2017. Ouch. When is King in trouble?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/5/2015  10:15 AM
CrushAlot wrote:I just saw an article on netsdaily talking about Hollins being in trouble. The article brought up the Pierce/Garnett trade. I knew the nets gave up their 16 pick but I didn't know that they gave the celts their 2018 first and the right to swap in 2017. Ouch. When is King in trouble?
yup the nets gave up a lot of future firsts. Basically they are gonna be the isaiah thomas era knicks
StarksEwing1

12/5/2015  10:16 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Gsus wrote:All this talk about KP learning sky hooks and dream shakes, but it's interesting that nobody mentions Carmelo, the guy he actually has on his team...he isn't too shabby either, and I'm sure KP is learning a thing or two from him. KP plays like a small forward, so the more he picks apart Melo's brain, the better. He doesn't need Jabbar to learn the sky hook, he's 7 foot three inches, all he has to do is toss the ball at the rim if he's close. Dream shakes? Again, who is he going up and under against?

All this kid has to do is get it in the low block, face up, jab step and shoot over....anybody. The ball has to be at least 8 feet in the air once his arms are up.

What I liked about tonight was that it looked like KP feels like he belongs, he was very active in getting the ball on offense and creating things. He's getting his without being a go to guy. Once Fisher feels comfortable giving him the ball to get his, we'll see how easy it comes (right now he is a little turnover prone if he's blitzed). It'll come.

i dont think he needs to pick apart melos brain. KP is super advanced for his age which is why i am such a big fan of his. I believe he is our best player already and he hasnt even reached his prime yet
He would be stupid not to but all reports indicate that he is asking Melo lots of questions.
i never said he shouldnt...i just said that he is so advanced that he probably doesnt even need much advice
H1AND1
Member: #5648

12/5/2015  10:52 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I just saw an article on netsdaily talking about Hollins being in trouble. The article brought up the Pierce/Garnett trade. I knew the nets gave up their 16 pick but I didn't know that they gave the celts their 2018 first and the right to swap in 2017. Ouch. When is King in trouble?
yup the nets gave up a lot of future firsts. Basically they are gonna be the isaiah thomas era knicks

They are screwed. Boston's going to have some very very nice picks the next couple years.

StarksEwing1

12/5/2015  11:13 AM
H1AND1 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

They are screwed. Boston's going to have some very very nice picks the next couple years.

yeah not a good time to be a nets fan. Im still pissed we dont have our pick. Granted it probably wont be a lottery pick but still im a big believers in having draft picks every year
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
12/5/2015  12:11 PM
I would not want KP anywhere near Hakeem...
Next thing you know they develop a close relationship and then we have to hear about how KP would consider the Rockets in free agency after advise from Hakeem.
I would rather hire someone onto the Knicks staff to work with him then someone from another team.
Better to be safe than sorry...
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/5/2015  1:07 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yeah not a good time to be a nets fan. Im still pissed we dont have our pick. Granted it probably wont be a lottery pick but still im a big believers in having draft picks every year
I think Big Chief Triangle will buy us another 1st and 2nd round pick next year. Plus we have Big Willy coming next year
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/5/2015  2:29 PM
nyvector16 wrote:I would not want KP anywhere near Hakeem...
Next thing you know they develop a close relationship and then we have to hear about how KP would consider the Rockets in free agency after advise from Hakeem.
I would rather hire someone onto the Knicks staff to work with him then someone from another team.

kp6 is already a new yorker in his own mind. i don't think you can discount that as a possibility. it's happened before with knick greats like walt frazier.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/5/2015  3:05 PM
nyvector16 wrote:I would not want KP anywhere near Hakeem...

Which former Knick or present staff with an otherworldly game in the post or signature shot in close are you looking to tudor KP?

We've thrown out names like McHale, Abdul Jabbar, and Hakeem because they had great games in the post. Might add Duncan to that list if he was retired.

Don't see KP going anywhere.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/5/2015  4:51 PM
Pretty interesting play...I thought it was just a great hustle back and block, but after seeing this GIF it is clear that Larkin's lower body hit Grant, affecting his rise to the basket and actually making Larkin's hang time seem crazy.

Should it have actually been a foul?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Game Thread: Knicks vs Nets...Kristaps will show you who's the best!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy