[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks vs Nets...Kristaps will show you who's the best!
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/4/2015  9:45 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:KP will learn that at his height he can't be putting it on the floor in that situation.

Watch those McHale clips...please.

I wish this kid could spend a month with Hakeem

For what?

What good did it do for STAT?

Whats it doing for D.Howard?

Actually did good for Stat, he had a nice little repetoire of effective low post moves he learned from Hakeem. Unfortunately he was too old at that stage for it to make a big difference. The Knicks paying Hakeem to work with a smart kid like KP would be a great investment.

AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

12/4/2015  9:47 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:KP will learn that at his height he can't be putting it on the floor in that situation.

For what?

Actually did good for Stat, he had a nice little repetoire of effective low post moves he learned from Hakeem. Unfortunately he was too old at that stage for it to make a big difference. The Knicks paying Hakeem to work with a smart kid like KP would be a great investment.

Yeah, he did pick up some moves in the post that he did not originally have.

Not sure Hakeem is allowed to work with non-Houston players, though.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
GustavBahler

12/4/2015  9:48 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

For what?

New title? He worked with Amare when he was a Knick.

herkyJerky
Member: #6155
USA
12/4/2015  9:49 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

For what?

I would have to agree. STAT's post play did improve a whole lot post-Hakeem. Either Jabbar or Hakeem I think would help this dude expand his offense. The good thing is there is no need to rush it at this point. He's doing just fine with what he already does naturally.

If it ain't broke, don't break it. - Charles 'The REAL Sir Charles' Oakley.
Malcolm
Member: #6131

12/4/2015  9:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/4/2015  9:52 PM
Next for Knicks: at Milwaukee.

Regularly beating the Milwaukees, Charlottes, and Bostons of the NBA . . . is the next developmental challenge.

Way too soon, of course, to talk about Miamis, Clevelands, or Chicagos . . .

WaltLongmire

12/4/2015  9:52 PM
Malcolm wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

For what?

Exactly. Jabbar and KP is a match made in heaven: intelligent teacher, intelligent student. Just learn the skyhook from Jabbar, if nothing else . . .

Yup.

I know this from a career in teaching an coaching...If a student or athlete wants to learn they will take what you give them and use it.

Does anyone think that if given the opportunity Porzingis would not take the wisdom and make use of it?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Malcolm

12/4/2015  9:53 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
I know this from a career in teaching an coaching...If a student or athlete wants to learn they will take what you give them and use it.

Does anyone think that if given the opportunity Porzingis would not take the wisdom and make use of it?

Already seriously seeing that with Phil Jackson and KP . . . which is so interesting.
GustavBahler

12/4/2015  9:54 PM
herkyJerky wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

For what?

I would have to agree. STAT's post play did improve a whole lot post-Hakeem. Either Jabbar or Hakeem I think would help this dude expand his offense. The good thing is there is no need to rush it at this point. He's doing just fine with what he already does naturally.

Imagine KP learning the Sky Hook. He did do sort of a running baby sky hook off the glass in one game which was very impressive for someone his size.

I agree there is no rush, but at the same time if the opportunity to work with either of these HOFers presents itself, I hope that Porzingis jumps at tne chance.

Malcolm

12/4/2015  9:56 PM
BTW: Knicks are 5-4 on the road. That's a good sign for a developing team. Maybe even a VERY good sign . . .
Malcolm

12/4/2015  10:01 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Imagine KP learning the Sky Hook. He did do sort of a running baby sky hook off the glass in one game which was very impressive for someone his size.

You know, there's a new documentary movie just out called "The Perfect Shot" . . . all about Nowitzki and the development of his brutally-hard-to-stop fade-away jumper.

But I'm old enough to remember Jabbar and his sky hook. Now THAT . . . was the REAL "perfect shot". No chance to defend it. None. Zero.

And who do you see trying to learn it since (?)

No one.

WaltLongmire

12/4/2015  10:46 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

For what?

New title? He worked with Amare when he was a Knick.

Seem to recall that a few years ago he got a position and they asked him not to work with non-Houston players. Amare might have been one of the last guys he taught.

Does not seem to have found a willing student in Howard.

Not sure if he is still working for Morey. If not, he would be a great guy to hire for KP.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/4/2015  11:12 PM
Just watched the first quarter. Looks like the Knicks might have a big three in KP, Afflalo and Melo.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

12/5/2015  1:10 AM
Grant should be averaging nearly 7 assists per game, it really bothers me that he makes all these great passes, yet hardly anyone finishes.
The Future is Bright!
clyderules
Member: #6156

12/5/2015  1:36 AM
Funny how Calderon is a great foul shooter and a great three point shooter but hardly shoots either.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/5/2015  6:09 AM
TPercy wrote:Grant should be averaging nearly 7 assists per game, it really bothers me that he makes all these great passes, yet hardly anyone finishes.
true but he is playing with second unit guys so his assists wont be high. Hopefully he takes over for jose soon because like you said he is a much better passer
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/5/2015  9:16 AM
we have already seen a dream shake on the left baseline from him. maybe he has studied film of hakeem already. i personally think between that and the garnett wrist shot from 8-10 feet out is also a great shot for him to develop.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Gsus
Member: #4459

12/5/2015  9:29 AM
All this talk about KP learning sky hooks and dream shakes, but it's interesting that nobody mentions Carmelo, the guy he actually has on his team...he isn't too shabby either, and I'm sure KP is learning a thing or two from him. KP plays like a small forward, so the more he picks apart Melo's brain, the better. He doesn't need Jabbar to learn the sky hook, he's 7 foot three inches, all he has to do is toss the ball at the rim if he's close. Dream shakes? Again, who is he going up and under against?

All this kid has to do is get it in the low block, face up, jab step and shoot over....anybody. The ball has to be at least 8 feet in the air once his arms are up.

What I liked about tonight was that it looked like KP feels like he belongs, he was very active in getting the ball on offense and creating things. He's getting his without being a go to guy. Once Fisher feels comfortable giving him the ball to get his, we'll see how easy it comes (right now he is a little turnover prone if he's blitzed). It'll come.

CrushAlot
USA
12/5/2015  9:53 AM
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/5/2015  9:54 AM
Gsus wrote:All this talk about KP learning sky hooks and dream shakes, but it's interesting that nobody mentions Carmelo, the guy he actually has on his team...he isn't too shabby either, and I'm sure KP is learning a thing or two from him. KP plays like a small forward, so the more he picks apart Melo's brain, the better. He doesn't need Jabbar to learn the sky hook, he's 7 foot three inches, all he has to do is toss the ball at the rim if he's close. Dream shakes? Again, who is he going up and under against?

All this kid has to do is get it in the low block, face up, jab step and shoot over....anybody. The ball has to be at least 8 feet in the air once his arms are up.

What I liked about tonight was that it looked like KP feels like he belongs, he was very active in getting the ball on offense and creating things. He's getting his without being a go to guy. Once Fisher feels comfortable giving him the ball to get his, we'll see how easy it comes (right now he is a little turnover prone if he's blitzed). It'll come.

i dont think he needs to pick apart melos brain. KP is super advanced for his age which is why i am such a big fan of his. I believe he is our best player already and he hasnt even reached his prime yet
CrushAlot
USA
12/5/2015  9:57 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Gsus wrote:All this talk about KP learning sky hooks and dream shakes, but it's interesting that nobody mentions Carmelo, the guy he actually has on his team...he isn't too shabby either, and I'm sure KP is learning a thing or two from him. KP plays like a small forward, so the more he picks apart Melo's brain, the better. He doesn't need Jabbar to learn the sky hook, he's 7 foot three inches, all he has to do is toss the ball at the rim if he's close. Dream shakes? Again, who is he going up and under against?

i dont think he needs to pick apart melos brain. KP is super advanced for his age which is why i am such a big fan of his. I believe he is our best player already and he hasnt even reached his prime yet
He would be stupid not to but all reports indicate that he is asking Melo lots of questions.
Game Thread: Knicks vs Nets...Kristaps will show you who's the best!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy