[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rip I told you...
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/18/2004  5:52 PM
geeze... ya never listen to me. So far my 3 offseason predictions are 100% true. Detroit had no chance of resigning Okur and Sheed, the Nets couldnt afford to keep KMart and the Warriors were still clueless.

Actually I think Det was smart letting Okur get overpaid in Utah and resigning Dice a guy who fits better there anyhow.

The Nets are shot and are probably rebuilding towards a new Brooklyn team. Hope it was a good 3 years for Net fans.

Cle took about 10 steps backwards. Again... this is why the Knicks are different from other teams. Why wouldnt Cle use part of its MLE to offer Boozer a 3 year deal (like we did for Lampe) ??? Because for most NBA teams that $1 mill and the flexibility actually means something. Look at them now... brutal. Not to mention more good players going out West... but now we have Shaq so its all even (sarcasm).

GS... oh man. Yup... Mullin's no dummy right? Lets give DFisher a 6 year deal w/ Claxton and NVE on the roster, and follow it up by siging Adonal Foyal for $9mm a year. Still think we cant get anyone we want from them? I can see NVE and Dampier arriving here for a draft pick, cash, expiring contracts and KT or something like that. Just because.

Anyway... I'm back from vaca and KVH isnt a Knick (which happened my last vacation) so I guess things are ok. Trevor looks strong in the summer league so far as does Sweetney. This is great... I think Marbury and Sweet are the only 2 guys Isiah is really commited too. Time will tell. Hope everyone is well :)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/18/2004  6:27 PM
Posted by fishmike:

GS... oh man. Yup... Mullin's no dummy right? Lets give DFisher a 6 year deal w/ Claxton and NVE on the roster, and follow it up by siging Adonal Foyal for $9mm a year. Still think we cant get anyone we want from them? I can see NVE and Dampier arriving here for a draft pick, cash, expiring contracts and KT or something like that. Just because.

yeah Mullin is a dummy.....you could tell this Brooklyn Kid didn't have too many friends outside of basketball....if you catch my drift....he's just not a very good huslter, I mean business man.

NVE in NY? Well that would scratch Crawford off the list for sure.

Damp and NVE.....cool. As long as the Knicks have room for Vince or someone like that. That would be cool...even though Tim Thomas seemed to be on the verge of becoming at least a 18pts per scorer......lol. I think Vince on the Knicks would make a huge difference.

Damp, NVE, and Vince would make me tingle.

Sweets
Vince
Damp
Steph
Houston

NVE, Penny, Ariza....whoever is left

Looks like a souped up Pheonix team from last season.

by the way if the Knicks take on NVE I would expect Shandon to be out of here!!! I would expect Damp to command the same type of salary that NVE got....that's alot of cap space to match.....

Dump it on Mullin.

[Edited by - enyspree on 07/18/2004 18:39:53]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/18/2004  6:47 PM
fish, how are ya?

i was wondering what happened. i thought you were msg-censored broham but i guess everything is well.

sweetney is still the man...and the knicks are still awesome.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/18/2004  7:21 PM
good having you back fish, as I said, IT just needs to sit back and watch these GM's make mistake after mistake and then capatilize... Cleveland is going to miss Boozer and although they were Jerked by the liar boozer, cleveland is a team that intentionally trashed its season to get lebron, so I don't feel sorry for them, and I don't now what GS is doing giving foyle and fisher all that money... just ridiculous..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
timmyTtop
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #680
7/18/2004  10:05 PM
the difference between a good GM and a great GM is the good GM would wait for them to screw up, but the great GM would be actively aggressive and making moves with any team that can provide assets to the knicks.. you cant just sit around and wait for ppl to mess up, this is a tough league to win in, you have to capitalize in every way you can...otherwise your just mediocore, or slightly above it.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/18/2004  10:39 PM
there are times to be aggressive and times to sit and wait, the knicks are capped out and have a few trade assets, therefore they can be aggressive when the time comes but they are almost forced to sit back and wait, Great GM's know when do do both and right now zeke needs to be patient, there is not a lot of talent out there and a lot of scrubs are getting mega deals....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
7/19/2004  3:05 AM
hey fish, nice to have you back. Hope you ahd a good time.
Rip I told you...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy