Damp is not all wet..........
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/18/2004  10:28 AM
QUote from this mornings paper.

"Trading for the 6-11, 265-pound Dampier is attractive because the Knicks need a big body to defend the Heat's O'Neal. But as one Eastern Conference GM noted, Dampier still is giving up at least 70 pounds to O'Neal. The Warriors obviously don't think much of Dampier, who averaged only 8.3 points and 6.4 rebounds in the first seven seasons of his career before improving to 12.3 points and 12.0 rebounds last season in a contract year. He hasn't been a ferocious competitor."

We have talked about this before. If Isiah commits big to this guy, we get a high potential for carry a bad contract for many years. You can't stop shaq anyway, and Damps not going to. I'd rather have the Big z and let shaq have to play defense a little harder.

Atlanta 5 years is not terrible. Its their money, let them spend it. Dumb to have ridded themselves of Ratcliff and Rahim as they did!
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/18/2004  11:29 AM
He just didn't get regular minutes in previous years. He's been a solid double double guy whenever he gets starter's minutes in the west and I expect him to excel playing with Steph in the east.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/18/2004  4:14 PM
dampier always looks scared against shaq. he is not really a match for shaq despite his size-there is no match for shaq. if we get dampier for the MLE im all for it--i really dont believe we are a player after that anyway.

how about trade h2o to NJ for jason kidd? to bad knees h2o has a shorter contract-worth the risk to us.
RIP Crushalot😞
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
7/18/2004  4:59 PM
Dampier looked really good against Shaq last year.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
7/18/2004  5:03 PM
BRIGGS you are joking with the Houston trade proposal right? Otherwise there is seriosly something wrong with you lol. Kidd for Houston? Why would the Nets do it? If they want to rebuild they'll trade Kidd for picks and young players, not for another old, garbage player like Houston, they already have Kittles.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/18/2004  5:40 PM
I'm thinking Isiah has so many trade proposals with so many teams that's the reason the Knicks haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Look at the names out there.....
Vince, Dampier, Crawford, Rahim, Z, Walker, God only knows who else is on the block that no one i stalking about......

I trust Isiah has long exausted his cell phone minutes for the month.

I bet something goes down. It seems like the Knicks are the only team out there left to make a huge deal.

My birthday is coming up man it would be so cool if I wake up that morning to news of a wicked Knicks trade.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/18/2004  5:45 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

I'm thinking Isiah has so many trade proposals with so many teams that's the reason the Knicks haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Look at the names out there.....
Vince, Dampier, Crawford, Rahim, Z, Walker, God only knows who else is on the block that no one i stalking about......

I trust Isiah has long exausted his cell phone minutes for the month.

I bet something goes down. It seems like the Knicks are the only team out there left to make a huge deal.

My birthday is coming up man it would be so cool if I wake up that morning to news of a wicked Knicks trade.

I really hope that something happens. So many rumors from and no real action makes you wonder if things will actually happen. Who knows how many of those rumors are actually true. I just hope to see something real and good gets done because with all those rumors, coming up empty handed is sad.
Knicks_Fan
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/18/2004  7:27 PM
Posted by Nalod:

QUote from this mornings paper.

"Trading for the 6-11, 265-pound Dampier is attractive because the Knicks need a big body to defend the Heat's O'Neal. But as one Eastern Conference GM noted, Dampier still is giving up at least 70 pounds to O'Neal. The Warriors obviously don't think much of Dampier, who averaged only 8.3 points and 6.4 rebounds in the first seven seasons of his career before improving to 12.3 points and 12.0 rebounds last season in a contract year. He hasn't been a ferocious competitor."

We have talked about this before. If Isiah commits big to this guy, we get a high potential for carry a bad contract for many years. You can't stop shaq anyway, and Damps not going to. I'd rather have the Big z and let shaq have to play defense a little harder.

Atlanta 5 years is not terrible. Its their money, let them spend it. Dumb to have ridded themselves of Ratcliff and Rahim as they did!

good post, I am hoping so much that Atlanta signs Dampier, which is stupid for them, because as you said they had ratlif and Rahim and basically gave them away to portland for cap space to give more money to a lesser player IMO.. you see this is the BS about cap space for teams like Atlanta, they are just turning things over to make it look like they are doing something new and better when in reality they are just running in circles... I would much rather invest less money in a player like mihm...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/20/2004  9:56 AM

Its funny how so many fans "I THINK" or "I have a feeling that" in hoping that we get a player. So much has been hyped already, and fans just wanting to have a "happening", they will throw Frank into any deal to make it happen!

All the paper this morning really don't have a clue. IT seems the Agent has more pull here as he might have been promised the Warriors would do a sign and trade if Damp opted out. Otherwise I don't see why the would not just let him walk. Warriors don't need Nazr or othello. They basically just trade Damp for Fish salary wise. They don't want salary in return.

Not Telling what Atlanta is doing.

Damp is going where the money is, don't be fooled. If he wants to play here, its cuz we are paying him. If he comes hear, he will say he wants to be hear. And will work hard.

This guy reminds me of Earvin Johnson if he has longevity.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/20/2004  10:03 AM
The thing is that GS stinks, maybe being with a better team all around will help Damp vs Shaq. You know, take some of the pressure off of him. I hope NY does not overpay him but in terms of giving up Nazr and OH, its a NO-BRAINER! If NY can get Walker or Carter in another deal and then sign Rodney White as a guy off the bench, WOW!!! If Crawford is not here, I would like to see FWILL stay,

Damps, Sweets, Walker (Carter), H20, Marbury
Fwill, White, Penny, Ariza, TT,

Where is the big man depth??? UH OH.

kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
7/20/2004  10:07 AM
big men like Dampier will always be in demand by some GM.
Even at 10mil per season. I figure that we won't look to
trade Dampier for three years, and the last three years
are the gamble that you have to take. No move is without risks.
This one seems less risky than most.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/20/2004  10:16 AM
one day, the pillars of journalism, vescey and berman report that a deal has been agreed to. the next day, berman says the deal is "ambigous". one day, we this close to getting crawford, then next day, pax and isiah have broken off talks. now, we're talking about getting vince carter.

it's embarrassing really but what i don't understand is why everyone here goes so crazy about acquiring these guys. if a trade happens, it happens. we'll never know how close deals come or even if they're discussed at all.

crawford would be nice, as would toine or dampier BUT i'm in the very small minority that think we're still ok without making ANY moves. if we bring back the EXACT same roster from last season, along with bigger roles for frank, sweetney, dermarr/ariza and the continued development of nazr with a healthy tim and/or h20, we're still a 45 win team and challenging for the division or homecourt in round 1. that's still an improvement from last season.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/20/2004  10:25 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

one day, the pillars of journalism, vescey and berman report that a deal has been agreed to. the next day, berman says the deal is "ambigous". one day, we this close to getting crawford, then next day, pax and isiah have broken off talks. now, we're talking about getting vince carter.

it's embarrassing really but what i don't understand is why everyone here goes so crazy about acquiring these guys. if a trade happens, it happens. we'll never know how close deals come or even if they're discussed at all.

crawford would be nice, as would toine or dampier BUT i'm in the very small minority that think we're still ok without making ANY moves. if we bring back the EXACT same roster from last season, along with bigger roles for frank, sweetney, dermarr/ariza and the continued development of nazr with a healthy tim and/or h20, we're still a 45 win team and challenging for the division or homecourt in round 1. that's still an improvement from last season.

I think that is a valid post. However, I do think NY needs another scorer. Many games were lost because Marbury was doubled. H20, could be the answer but by no means can be counted on.

I think White is a player and could be a good fit to replace Demarr in a backup SG/SF role.

What about Baker? Is he coming back? Can he be effective as a backup PF/C 15-20 mpg? I'd still love to see Swift in NY.
Damp is not all wet..........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy