[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Second Unit
Author Thread
teamsport72
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6172

11/30/2015  10:09 AM
This ain't no ice hockey. We have lost a number of games due to hockey-like subs. Especially, going up against better teams. You just do not throw all of your bench out there, God forbid, in the fourth. Until Fish learns to mix it up, guys like DWill will keep having those -15. So many games fcuked up by Fishman. Better results when he gets ejected ;-)
AUTOADVERT
teamsport72
Member: #6172

12/1/2015  10:26 AM
And so it is, no objektions
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/1/2015  3:06 PM
It was all good when they won 4 straight though, right?
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/1/2015  5:36 PM
Fisher is a 2nd year coach and is finding his way as much as KP or Grant or Galloway or Early is.

He's shown some promising moves, like the Lance Thomas sub, and some bone headed ones where he kept KP out too long. 12 and 13 rotations simply is throwing shyt on the wall to see what sticks. See who he trusts when the chips are down. Noob moves from a noob coach.

He's a mirror image of this team. Awesome when they win, dreadfully bad when they lose. Look for more of this jekyll and hyde ball, until the roster improves a little more to compensate for inexperience(HOSE-A get the phuck off my team!)

blkexec
Member: #748
12/1/2015  5:44 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Fisher is a 2nd year coach and is finding his way as much as KP or Grant or Galloway or Early is.

He's shown some promising moves, like the Lance Thomas sub, and some bone headed ones where he kept KP out too long. 12 and 13 rotations simply is throwing shyt on the wall to see what sticks. See who he trusts when the chips are down. Noob moves from a noob coach.

He's a mirror image of this team. Awesome when they win, dreadfully bad when they lose. Look for more of this jekyll and hyde ball, until the roster improves a little more to compensate for inexperience(HOSE-A get the phuck off my team!)

Maybe Phil should send Fisher down to the D league? Our assistant coaches have more NBA experience than Fisher.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/1/2015  6:02 PM
i think his subs are guided in theory (but not in execution) by Jackson. I recall somewhere that Jackson said you need 20-30 games for the players to "express" themselves to see who would fill what role etc

Earlier in the season and preseason he kept the subs as a true second "unit," playing together, and running hard. Under this type of approach I didn't have a big problem with a lot of subs because everyone was running and worst case the subs could tire out the opponent (best case is they actually scored -- which they seemed effective at)

Now his sub patterns seem to have no rhyme or reason

(5)(5)
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/1/2015  6:08 PM
I'm actually gonna give Phil and Fish as much time as they need to get this sorted out. We forget that this isn't just Fish on his own with some GM that has no idea about how to use a roster. This is a group project but Phil is gonna allow room for Fish to make mistakes. How else is he supposed to learn and gain a feel for the job if he's not allowed to mess up? People are so impatient in NY. They say they want a rebuild and then when we do start over they can't wait at all. They want the team to have it all figured out from day one just cuz they see the potential.

If the team was stinking as the analysts expected then they'd still be bashing Fish for not doing better. The team does better than expected and fans STILL aren't satisfied and want perfection from Fish. Dude can't win. Team wasn't supposed to be this good so soon but no credit for that. The negative point of view is Fish has to be holding the team back from winning more. Can't be that Fish has gotten the team to play better than it should have this soon. Typical Knick fans.

ChuckBuck
USA
12/2/2015  9:12 AM
blkexec wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Fisher is a 2nd year coach and is finding his way as much as KP or Grant or Galloway or Early is.

Maybe Phil should send Fisher down to the D league? Our assistant coaches have more NBA experience than Fisher.

Now you're talkin'!

I'm giving him the first 30 games, then if he doesn't have a set 10 to 11 player rotation, he should resoundly get any criticism sent his way.

No need for a lost season unnecessarily. Get as many wins as possible, entice some free agents, and keep building forward.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/2/2015  9:19 AM
nixluva wrote:I'm actually gonna give Phil and Fish as much time as they need to get this sorted out. We forget that this isn't just Fish on his own with some GM that has no idea about how to use a roster. This is a group project but Phil is gonna allow room for Fish to make mistakes. How else is he supposed to learn and gain a feel for the job if he's not allowed to mess up? People are so impatient in NY. They say they want a rebuild and then when we do start over they can't wait at all. They want the team to have it all figured out from day one just cuz they see the potential.

If the team was stinking as the analysts expected then they'd still be bashing Fish for not doing better. The team does better than expected and fans STILL aren't satisfied and want perfection from Fish. Dude can't win. Team wasn't supposed to be this good so soon but no credit for that. The negative point of view is Fish has to be holding the team back from winning more. Can't be that Fish has gotten the team to play better than it should have this soon. Typical Knick fans.

Entitlement mentality, nix. Anything less than everything right this second, is settling for less than you deserve.

Personally, I'm enjoying the start of the Knickstaps era. He's like watching old clips of Bill Russell (my god, the inhuman blasphemy of that thought) mixed with shades of Dirk's shooting.

ChuckBuck
USA
12/2/2015  9:52 AM
jrodmc wrote:
nixluva wrote:I'm actually gonna give Phil and Fish as much time as they need to get this sorted out. We forget that this isn't just Fish on his own with some GM that has no idea about how to use a roster. This is a group project but Phil is gonna allow room for Fish to make mistakes. How else is he supposed to learn and gain a feel for the job if he's not allowed to mess up? People are so impatient in NY. They say they want a rebuild and then when we do start over they can't wait at all. They want the team to have it all figured out from day one just cuz they see the potential.

Entitlement mentality, nix. Anything less than everything right this second, is settling for less than you deserve.

Personally, I'm enjoying the start of the Knickstaps era. He's like watching old clips of Bill Russell (my god, the inhuman blasphemy of that thought) mixed with shades of Dirk's shooting.

It's not about entitlement mentality, though. Everyone on the planet Earth knows the Knicks aren't going to win the Championship in Year 1, 2, or 3 of the Knicks rebuild.

That said, no one wants to see regression unnecessarily. 8-10 is marked improvement over last season, fact. Also a fact, we don't own our draft picks this year, and the only way to improve the team(beside from within) is free agency. It behooves the team and Fisher to win winnable games, to not only:

A)Show marked improvement from 17 wins, let the youths grow and develop
B)Appease the starving for success fanbase
C)Be an attractive place for free agents, showcase us as a team on the rise
D)No draft picks, don't tank the season unnecessarily

So there's really no pressure to be a 1st seed, 2nd seed, 3rd seed, etc. Making the playoffs this season would be gravy! That said if 8-10 becomes 8-20, then Fisher should deservedly get "FIRE FISHER" chants. There's rebuilding then there's incompetence.

Second Unit

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy