[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wasserman/Bleacher Report: Nba Rookies already making us rewrite scouting reports
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/28/2015  10:39 PM
The original Kristaps Porzingis scouting report pegged him as a long-term project—too skinny right now for the interior and too raw to consistently put up points.

Last year overseas, Porzingis registered a 13.6 percent rebounding percentage—a below-average number for a big that suggested he'd never dominate the boards.

With the Knicks, his 17.6 percent rebounding percentage and 9.1 boards per game both currently rank top 20 in the NBA. Porzingis already has seven double-doubles after picking up just one with Sevilla a year ago.

He's been super active and aggressive going for loose balls around the basket, using his size, 7'6" wingspan and bounce to grab them at their highest point above traffic.

Porzingis also looks much more polished around the perimeter than anyone could have hoped. He's already 23-of-57 in the mid-range (40.1 percent) and has 15 threes in 16 games. Porzingis is even shooting 40.5 percent when guarded "very tight" (0-2 feet, according to NBA.com) and 39.1 percent after one dribble, showing he can put the ball on the floor and score.

We've seen him separate and convert a handful of tough shots in the post, where he's 9-of-24, but for a 7'3" big man, it's been his ability to knock down jumpers off screens, pick-and-pops and pull-ups that's been so impressive.

For rookies playing at least 20 minutes a game, Porzingis' 18.97 player efficiency rating ranks second among rookies behind Karl-Anthony Towns, per ESPN.com.

Forget about Porzingis "the project"—we're already talking about a two-way weapon right now and one of the key driving forces behind the Knicks' intriguing start.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2593527-2015-16-nba-rookies-already-making-us-re-write-their-scouting-reports/page/2
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/29/2015  1:12 AM
Maybe Bargnani can rewrite his and BELIEVE that euros can be special!!!
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/29/2015  8:36 AM
This is turning out to be one of the better rookie classes in recent memory. A lot of rookies are becoming the top players on their respective teams already. Its funny i remember them saying the 2014 class was suppose to be the best in years and that didnt happen
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/29/2015  8:55 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:This is turning out to be one of the better rookie classes in recent memory. A lot of rookies are becoming the top players on their respective teams already. Its funny i remember them saying the 2014 class was suppose to be the best in years and that didnt happen

A good group, and many have not even had their chance to shine yet.

Always have to wonder how players will hold up season after season, but this seems to be a pretty talented class so far, and it looks like we got one of the better players to come out of it.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
StarksEwing1

11/29/2015  9:32 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:This is turning out to be one of the better rookie classes in recent memory. A lot of rookies are becoming the top players on their respective teams already. Its funny i remember them saying the 2014 class was suppose to be the best in years and that didnt happen

A good group, and many have not even had their chance to shine yet.

Always have to wonder how players will hold up season after season, but this seems to be a pretty talented class so far, and it looks like we got one of the better players to come out of it.

true. Usually we have no pick or our pick isnt good. We finally got a franchise talent
Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/29/2015  9:49 AM
Aside from the 2003 class, this one has had the quickest impact on their respective teams.

I personally, like to give a draft class, at least, two years before making judgment

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/29/2015  9:59 AM
Scouts might have overblown KP's rebounding troubles in Europe. Everyone pointed to his rebounding rate, but I never got a sense as to how it compared to everyone else in his league. It's always appeared to me that rebounding numbers as a whole always seem to be lower in Europe than in the NBA.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
StarksEwing1

11/29/2015  9:59 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:Aside from the 2003 class, this one has had the quickest impact on their respective teams.

I personally, like to give a draft class, at least, two years before making judgment

yeah its definetly still early but its been a while since so many rookies made this big of an impact so quickly
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/29/2015  10:55 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Scouts might have overblown KP's rebounding troubles in Europe. Everyone pointed to his rebounding rate, but I never got a sense as to how it compared to everyone else in his league. It's always appeared to me that rebounding numbers as a whole always seem to be lower in Europe than in the NBA.

There are so many variables that scouts have to look at when predicting how any player will be playing down the road. Half the time they seem to be just guessing.

Have to say that I watched a great deal of video on KP, including full games, and although I saw some very good boxing out, I never got the sense that he would be the kind of ball hawk and rebounder he's been in the NBA so far. He has excellent anticipation and a tremendous first step to the ball for a guy his size, and he adjusts his body and hands well to snag rebounds that come off the rim awkwardly.

Expected that by boxing out and lowering his center of gravity, he would get 6...maybe 7 RPG. I was definitely not expecting the rebounding he's given us so far.

Hopefully it continues.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/29/2015  12:54 PM
Probably will end up being the best rookie class since 2003, especially at the top. Towns and porzingis look like franchise players and okafor and mudiay should end up being all stars as well. Russell, Winslow, and turner also have a chance to be stars.
Wasserman/Bleacher Report: Nba Rookies already making us rewrite scouting reports

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy