[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

30 win team tops
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/28/2015  2:27 PM
knickscity wrote:Bosh really hasnt played well in either game. This team doesnt defend and the offense is awful. Thats on top of a cast of players featuring some that wouldnt be on better teams.

We don't defend..dude please do your research before you post. The knicks are 9th in opp points, 3rd in opp fg%, and 2nd in defending the 3 ball. Our defense is the number one reason were not in the bottom of the standings.

Here's the TOP 5 reasons the offense has had brutal stretches

1) The coaching staff does a piss poor job at at stressing the importance of running and quicken the pace(especially when your playing from behind() Every time down court they give the defense a chance to set up, double team, and they make their job even easier by taking long mid range or off balance shots.

2) The rotation is something i never ever ever ever ever seen before, players coming in for 3 mins here 2 minutes there, no particular set time of the game. You remember the game where dwill hit back to back treys to give us a 16 point lead, then he got yanked for admundson. I could list a bunch of other head scratching substitutions

3)Are we putting the players in the right position to be successful, does galloway get enough screens, (considering he's one the best 3 point shooters in the league) why isn't calderon playing the 2g knowing he's one of the best spot up shooters in the league, plus he doesnt even penetrate so why is he soly playing pg, dwill is a scorer who plays mostly off instincts, and plays really well in a uptempo pace, affalo rarely ever gets a good screen, he has to create for himself almost every time he touches the ball, unless he's camped out at the base line 3. Grant, the best penetrator on the team, yet the paint is always crowded, because guys look lost in the triangle like they don't know exactly where they should be.

4)Kp, Affalo, Melo, why the hell would you substitute all 3, if wade was out, bosh was in, you don't take out your best scorers at the same time

5) PLAYING ADMUNDSON AND SASHA FOR THE HELL OF IT. THEY DONT BRING SHT TO THE GAME BESIDE A PLAY OR 2

PLEASE TELL ME HOW IS THIS ON THE PLAYERS???????????????????

ES
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/28/2015  4:00 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
franco12 wrote:they seem to be playing worse, not better - that is a concern.

Melo does not look anything like a super star. He forces it too often. Better defense for sure. But he can't impose his will - he is going to have to work with the team to find opportunities to score.

Afflalo might not be able to contribute more than what he has.

I am still hopeful we'll be closer to 40 wins than 30, but the trend over the last 5-7 games is not good.

Both Aflalo and Anthony will continue to get better.

Anthony might have to re-think what he wants to do on the court to take into consideration his present physical limitations.

Aflalo just turned 30...he will recover as the season progresses. Amazing how much he is sweating and how he looks after just a few minutes on the court. He will be better as the season progresses.

You have seen glimpses of what they can still do during certain segments in games.

Fisher needs to give them the occasional day off. The back to back that culminated in Houston seems to have taken a lot out of certain players...if you are thinking long term and working with players who are 30+ and coming off injuries, a well timed day off will really help.

I think you're wrong. I hope I am, but I think what we have seen so far in production out of both Melo and Afflalo is all your going to get- look at their per 36 at this point, and compare to what their per 36 have been, and the trend line for athletes their age.

WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

11/28/2015  4:40 PM
franco12 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Melo does not look anything like a super star. He forces it too often. Better defense for sure. But he can't impose his will - he is going to have to work with the team to find opportunities to score.

I am still hopeful we'll be closer to 40 wins than 30, but the trend over the last 5-7 games is not good.

Anthony might have to re-think what he wants to do on the court to take into consideration his present physical limitations.

Aflalo just turned 30...he will recover as the season progresses. Amazing how much he is sweating and how he looks after just a few minutes on the court. He will be better as the season progresses.

You have seen glimpses of what they can still do during certain segments in games.

Fisher needs to give them the occasional day off. The back to back that culminated in Houston seems to have taken a lot out of certain players...if you are thinking long term and working with players who are 30+ and coming off injuries, a well timed day off will really help.

I think you're wrong. I hope I am, but I think what we have seen so far in production out of both Melo and Afflalo is all your going to get- look at their per 36 at this point, and compare to what their per 36 have been, and the trend line for athletes their age.

Where are the PEDs when our guys need them!!??

Beg to differ with you, but only time will tell...and at least both of us are hoping that you're wrong.

If neither was coming off an injury, I would be very worried at this point.

Aflalo's injury reminds me a bit of Calderon's last year, in that it has kept him from being on pace with our healthy players at the start of the season.

Anthony's slow start is more annoying for me personally because I believe it is directly related to when he chose to have his surgery, and I don't believe anyone can say for sure that he did not make things worse by continuing to play last year.

Have no issue with the hard work he put in once he was allowed to practice on it, but he probably set himself back by about 2 months because he didn't get an operation sooner than he did. We probably ended up with KP because Anthony continued to play last year, and ...

...I would have been more pissed off if we had not gotten lucky at 4 and been able to take Porzingis. I would have been very happy with Towns if we had chosen #1, but KP's play and upside, Russell's so so performance so far, and OK4's potential character issues have led me to believe that we really lucked out in some ways by falling to 4 and not getting pick 2 or 3.

Still, though, I think that Melo and Aflalo will round into shape in the next few weeks.

As an aside...just wish he had our #1 next year...would have made continued poor play easier to accept if we had that pick.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
clyderules
Member: #6156

11/28/2015  7:25 PM
I wonder if we had the first draft pick and taken Towns if we'd be wondering now if we should have taken Porzingis instead.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/28/2015  7:36 PM
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:
nixluva wrote:This is year one of our rebuild so I see no reason to panic or despair over this team losing to better teams!!! Our schedule has been BRUTAL!! Just look at the team's we've played and it's chock full of playoff teams. Gotta expect this team isn't going to function perfectly.

Hopefully they win the games they should win and in the end they have a good year. 8-9 isn't horrible given our schedule IMO.

Every year is year one of the rebuild since 2001.

You really gonna post some dumb ish like this given the Knicks just changed most of their roster and drafted 2 first round players? If this is all you're gonna add you should just stay silent!

The Knicks turnover most of their roster every year.
Fact. To some, that gives them an excuse for a pass every year as they need time to gel.
How many coaches have they had in 15 years. That's an excuse too, isn't it?
Let me know if I've missed any:
Cheney
Wilkins
Brown
Thomas
D'Antoni
Woodson
Fisher
= 7 = On average, a new coach every other year.

It's the MO of this organization, keep churning to raise hopes and keep the masses interested. I like the KP pick, but the rest of the moves this summer were lackluster, and this team is nothing special, no matter how long you give it to gel. The PG situation is deplorable (laughable that people were calling Grant to start after 3 games) and after MElo there isn't a better than average veteran starter on the whole team. $14M to Rolo was the latest stupid contract in a never ending list of stupid contracts.

You don't like the truth, too bad. I don't have to stay silent because you're in denial. You can't handle the truth.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/28/2015  7:37 PM
clyderules wrote:I wonder if we had the first draft pick and taken Towns if we'd be wondering now if we should have taken Porzingis instead.

I don't think so...I figure we would all have been talking about how lucky we were to get Towns because our ball was picked #1.

He's performed well and has not had any character meltdowns that made the news...can't see why anyone would look back after taking him.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/28/2015  7:54 PM
Vmart wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Relax, guys. The Heat are just a better team than the Knicks.

I'm not sure they are better just better coached. How do you start your top guys all on the bench in the 4th quarter.

No, trust me. The Heat are better. They have two hall of famers in their starting lineup, the league's leading shot blocker, a coveted FA point guard and Luol Deng, Gerald Green, or Justice Winslow to plug in at SF. They have a coach and two stars intact from the team that went to four NBA finals in a row and won two of them. They are better than the Knicks right now.

This is not about substitution patterns. They are a far better team.

Could the Knicks have played better? Yes. Could they have beaten the Heat? It would've taken a lot. A Lot.

The voice of reason.

If you picked the Knicks to win this match, then you are delusional (I do admit I didn't expect a 20 point loss). All we can hope for is for the Knicks to continue to show improvement as the season goes on.

Delusional is not the right word optimistic maybe. Look Miami is an ok team at best. They have the Knicks number. But if you watch the game you will see that they did nothing exceptional and the Knicks with poor rotation and once again poor preparation failed. This game wasn't about the Heat winning it was more about the Knicks bring poor effort from top to bottom. How can a team be in it at half and then just not show for the second half. Fisher isn't very good at coaching I get that he is still green under the collar. But that can no longer be the reason for losses and he needs to do better. This is absolutely not acceptable losing home games by 20 points is no longer acceptable.

I stopped reading at "Miami is an ok team." they will be playing Cleveland for the Easter conference championship when it's all said and done and if they have D-Wade and C.Bosh healthy at that time they'll have a good chance of winning the east.

They won't be in the ECF. It's an ok team because Wade is put together with scotch tape and will go down once or twice in the season. If Spolestra is a bad coach or isn't very good what is Fisher then. Rebuilding means a total tear down and everything new over span of years. For me rebuilding means going into draft year after year and building the team from core up. What the Knicks have done is not rebuilding but have rebuilt in one season. Rebuilding constitutes years in the making. With contracts offered up and vets with no first round pick this is a complete product.

As for Bosh being HOF that is debatable. For me he is borderline. But in the NBA he will get in just as Melo will. All good player eventually get in.

Hahahaha wow you sure are smart. So the Knicks aren't rebuilding they're rebuilt?? Hahahaha So then that's it this is the team that Phil has rebuilt and he's alllllll done right?? Why am i even replying to you when your basketball knowledge is obviously still in the beginner stages?? Well keep at it kid and you'll get there......maybe not.
clyderules

11/28/2015  7:56 PM
To me the next 3 games against the Rockets Nets and Philly will go a long way towards determining what kind of season we will have and how many wins. We need at least 2 of 3 of these.
newyorker4ever

11/28/2015  7:56 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Vmart wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Vmart wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:
nixluva wrote:This is year one of our rebuild so I see no reason to panic or despair over this team losing to better teams!!! Our schedule has been BRUTAL!! Just look at the team's we've played and it's chock full of playoff teams. Gotta expect this team isn't going to function perfectly.

Hopefully they win the games they should win and in the end they have a good year. 8-9 isn't horrible given our schedule IMO.

You really gonna post some dumb ish like this given the Knicks just changed most of their roster and drafted 2 first round players? If this is all you're gonna add you should just stay silent!

Nixluva, your optimism can be contagious but this time you are wrong. This team is built to win games you can't say this is a rebuilding team a rebuilding team is tWolves the Sixers, the Pelicans. The Knicks may have a few young players but that doesn't constitute rebuilding. Having a coach who is in the second year of coaching with no prior experience is not rebuilding that is just not smart he is killing this team with his coaching.

Who said this team isn't expected to win games??? The team was rebuilt this summer and it's not an old team. This is a team that has a lot of developing players in the mix. It depends on those players in order to win! You can't just ignore the fact that we need KP, Gallo and Jerian to play well. Not to mention other young role players.

Despite the 3 game losing streak this team has had a pretty good season so far. They would be a playoff team in the West right now. There's a long way to go.

Last year Steve Kerr implemented his system over the summer. I get the Knicks don't have a Curry or Thompson. Other than that I have very mild expectation of the Knicks. But you have to be blind not to see the mistakes made by Fisher. You can see also that Melo is aging in dog years the man has absolutely very little separation from defenders nothing easy everything much to hard earned. But that's a discussion for another time.

You can't continue to make excuses for a coach that is bringing his talent level down to his coaching ability.

Again just as i just said about Spoelstra not being a great coach i say the same about S.Kerr. When you have great players you don't need a great coach and that's why the Warriors are undefeated even without their "great coach" coaching a single game. Was Mike Brown a great coach when he was coaching Lebron in Cleveland and Lebron brought them to i think like 3/4 conference finals and brought them to the NBA finals but when Lebron wasn't playing for him he was horrible for the Lakers and now can't find a head coaching job?? Popovich is a great coach. P.Riley was a great coach. R.carlisle is a great coach winning the championship with Dirk and and a old J.Kidd and T.Chandler and J.Calderon. S.Kerr hasn't proven anything for me yet and neither has E.Spoelstra.

Funny...everyone saw Gentry as the offensive guru...he's gone but the team wins;

Everyone thought Kerr was the coaching genius...he's gone but the team wins;

Either Luke Walton is the real coaching genius, or perhaps there just might be something to this great players theory...

Yeah i'm thinking there just might be something to it and our boy Phil should be mentioned in there as well since he had the best players in the game at the times he won his championships.
newyorker4ever

11/28/2015  8:00 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

I'm thinking the reason that Melo is off to such a slow start offensively is because he's focusing so much on his defense this year that it's taking away from his offense. It will come and when it does come and we have KP with more experience and Afflalo starts getting his legs back we will start playing a lot better.
newyorker4ever

11/28/2015  8:02 PM
knickscity wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Vmart wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Vmart wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:

Nixluva, your optimism can be contagious but this time you are wrong. This team is built to win games you can't say this is a rebuilding team a rebuilding team is tWolves the Sixers, the Pelicans. The Knicks may have a few young players but that doesn't constitute rebuilding. Having a coach who is in the second year of coaching with no prior experience is not rebuilding that is just not smart he is killing this team with his coaching.

Who said this team isn't expected to win games??? The team was rebuilt this summer and it's not an old team. This is a team that has a lot of developing players in the mix. It depends on those players in order to win! You can't just ignore the fact that we need KP, Gallo and Jerian to play well. Not to mention other young role players.

Despite the 3 game losing streak this team has had a pretty good season so far. They would be a playoff team in the West right now. There's a long way to go.

Last year Steve Kerr implemented his system over the summer. I get the Knicks don't have a Curry or Thompson. Other than that I have very mild expectation of the Knicks. But you have to be blind not to see the mistakes made by Fisher. You can see also that Melo is aging in dog years the man has absolutely very little separation from defenders nothing easy everything much to hard earned. But that's a discussion for another time.

You can't continue to make excuses for a coach that is bringing his talent level down to his coaching ability.

Again just as i just said about Spoelstra not being a great coach i say the same about S.Kerr. When you have great players you don't need a great coach and that's why the Warriors are undefeated even without their "great coach" coaching a single game. Was Mike Brown a great coach when he was coaching Lebron in Cleveland and Lebron brought them to i think like 3/4 conference finals and brought them to the NBA finals but when Lebron wasn't playing for him he was horrible for the Lakers and now can't find a head coaching job?? Popovich is a great coach. P.Riley was a great coach. R.carlisle is a great coach winning the championship with Dirk and and a old J.Kidd and T.Chandler and J.Calderon. S.Kerr hasn't proven anything for me yet and neither has E.Spoelstra.

Funny...everyone saw Gentry as the offensive guru...he's gone but the team wins;

Everyone thought Kerr was the coaching genius...he's gone but the team wins;

Either Luke Walton is the real coaching genius, or perhaps there just might be something to this great players theory...

So basically coaches shouldnt get credit for their teams winning?

Oh come on now. Nobody is saying that. Unless you're reading posts that i haven't read yet??
newyorker4ever

11/28/2015  8:06 PM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:Rockets, Sixers and Nets next 3.

Chris Bosh will easily surpass 20k points and 10k rebounds when he is done, in addition to his championships which is a bonus with HOF consideration.

Easily HOF.

Oh boy i sure hope the sixers don't get their first win against us.

newyorker4ever

11/28/2015  8:14 PM
clyderules wrote:I wonder if we had the first draft pick and taken Towns if we'd be wondering now if we should have taken Porzingis instead.

No way Towns is beasting and he's gonna be a great one.

Knicks1969
Member: #5915

11/28/2015  8:44 PM
If this dude (fisher) continues to use 12 to 13 players per night, we will not win 30 games this season
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
mreinman
Member: #3189

11/28/2015  8:58 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:

I'm not sure they are better just better coached. How do you start your top guys all on the bench in the 4th quarter.

No, trust me. The Heat are better. They have two hall of famers in their starting lineup, the league's leading shot blocker, a coveted FA point guard and Luol Deng, Gerald Green, or Justice Winslow to plug in at SF. They have a coach and two stars intact from the team that went to four NBA finals in a row and won two of them. They are better than the Knicks right now.

Could the Knicks have played better? Yes. Could they have beaten the Heat? It would've taken a lot. A Lot.

The voice of reason.

If you picked the Knicks to win this match, then you are delusional (I do admit I didn't expect a 20 point loss). All we can hope for is for the Knicks to continue to show improvement as the season goes on.

how did the sixers lose to miami by five and lead for most of the game?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/28/2015  9:49 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Vmart wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:

The voice of reason.

Delusional is not the right word optimistic maybe. Look Miami is an ok team at best. They have the Knicks number. But if you watch the game you will see that they did nothing exceptional and the Knicks with poor rotation and once again poor preparation failed. This game wasn't about the Heat winning it was more about the Knicks bring poor effort from top to bottom. How can a team be in it at half and then just not show for the second half. Fisher isn't very good at coaching I get that he is still green under the collar. But that can no longer be the reason for losses and he needs to do better. This is absolutely not acceptable losing home games by 20 points is no longer acceptable.

I stopped reading at "Miami is an ok team." they will be playing Cleveland for the Easter conference championship when it's all said and done and if they have D-Wade and C.Bosh healthy at that time they'll have a good chance of winning the east.

They won't be in the ECF. It's an ok team because Wade is put together with scotch tape and will go down once or twice in the season. If Spolestra is a bad coach or isn't very good what is Fisher then. Rebuilding means a total tear down and everything new over span of years. For me rebuilding means going into draft year after year and building the team from core up. What the Knicks have done is not rebuilding but have rebuilt in one season. Rebuilding constitutes years in the making. With contracts offered up and vets with no first round pick this is a complete product.

As for Bosh being HOF that is debatable. For me he is borderline. But in the NBA he will get in just as Melo will. All good player eventually get in.

Hahahaha wow you sure are smart. So the Knicks aren't rebuilding they're rebuilt?? Hahahaha So then that's it this is the team that Phil has rebuilt and he's alllllll done right?? Why am i even replying to you when your basketball knowledge is obviously still in the beginner stages?? Well keep at it kid and you'll get there......maybe not.

I'll give you some more information to chew on. Sasha Vujacic is getting run and Early is in a suit, tell me more about rebuilding. A rebuilding team plays its young players not washed up players.

mreinman
Member: #3189

11/28/2015  9:50 PM
Vmart wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Vmart wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:

The voice of reason.

I'll give you some more information to chew on. Sasha Vujacic is getting run and Early is in a suit, tell me more about rebuilding. A rebuilding team plays its young players not washed up players.

horrible!

so here is what phil is thinking ....
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/28/2015  10:33 PM
mreinman wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:

The voice of reason.

how did the sixers lose to miami by five and lead for most of the game?

Huh? The Sixers beat Cleveland last year for their fifth win. How did that happen? Not sure where you are going with this. Is the Heat's record of 10-5 not that good because it is filled with 'bad' wins like the Knicks were getting a few years back?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/28/2015  10:34 PM
Vmart wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Vmart wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:

The voice of reason.

What does that say about Early?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
clyderules

11/28/2015  10:49 PM
It says that he's in Fisher's doghouse. With all the rest of them. I'd rather see his energy and athleticism than watching Sasha. And he's young with a possible future.
30 win team tops

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy