per NBA -TV Dampier on the verge of signing 5 year 50mm with Atlanta
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/18/2004  3:07 PM
Posted by s3231:

Golden State is probably waiting to see if any team will step up and offer a better deal than what the Knicks are offering. If not, they will probably take the Knicks deal so they don't lose Dampier for nothing.
I'm skeptical about the Othella and Nazy trade rumor. Those two players are not likely to push that team into the playoffs. If they take Othella and Nazy, they're basically just throwing $9 mil (plus they'll have to pay the luxury tax) down the drain to watch their team remain in the lottery. Financially, the deal makes little sense for them and they'd probably be better off letting Damps walk. Maybe if we gave them young talented players (like Frank and DerMarr via sign and trade) and gave them $3 mil in cash considerations, and took back Evan Esh's bad contract, the deal could go through (which would be worthwhile in my opinion).
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
7/18/2004  3:40 PM
I'd rather have Crawford than Dampier.

Crawford wants to play here, whereas it seems Dampier doesn't care about winning or joining the Knicks, just who can pay him the most.

Let him go to Atlanta and watch his numbers go back down to his 8 and 6 days, use the pieces on Crawford.
#Knickstaps
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
7/18/2004  6:57 PM
Amen. I don't like Dampier all that much. If he's going to cost us Jamal C, I like him even less.

Also, on the NVE contract tip...didn't his contract change when he was traded? Didn't 05-06 which was a team option become guaranteed as part of the trade? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong?

Nonetheless if team NYK can get NVE, why not turn him around immediately for Walker? Makes sense to me.
¿ △ ?
per NBA -TV Dampier on the verge of signing 5 year 50mm with Atlanta

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy