[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks vs Orlando (early 7PM start)!
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/25/2015  9:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/25/2015  9:57 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Our starters have been fine BUT obviously they cant play the entire game. In the past two games melo AND kp were forced to play a ton of minutes because the bench and fisher have been brutal

They need to adjust their rotations by actually putting the good role players with starters. Yes, Grant wants to run but he needs to play some with Melo and KP where he can break down the defense in half court. Players will not help as much and if they do he will have legit shooters to pass it to.

grant should get a chance with melo and kp

Would you be concerned with the ability to hit a jumpshot? Specially when defenses double KP and Melo?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/25/2015  9:59 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Our starters have been fine BUT obviously they cant play the entire game. In the past two games melo AND kp were forced to play a ton of minutes because the bench and fisher have been brutal

They need to adjust their rotations by actually putting the good role players with starters. Yes, Grant wants to run but he needs to play some with Melo and KP where he can break down the defense in half court. Players will not help as much and if they do he will have legit shooters to pass it to.

Would you be concerned with the ability to hit a jumpshot? Specially when defenses double KP and Melo?

Yeah. I think for now Calderon fits better with the starting unit. Gallo/Grant was working to start the season.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/25/2015  10:00 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

i meant more because of his passing ability. I feel grant could create better looks for both melo and kp
mase14
Member: #1622

11/25/2015  10:05 PM
Would Lou or Sasha get any burn with another NBA team?
mase14

11/25/2015  10:05 PM
And I hate we run the offense thru Lopez
HofstraBBall

11/25/2015  10:07 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

i meant more because of his passing ability. I feel grant could create better looks for both melo and kp

You may be right but I dont think he will be considered until he shows the ability to do so. May even lose some PT with second unit. As he has.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/25/2015  10:10 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

Yup...Have to stagger things- can't do the wholesale substitution thing.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

11/25/2015  10:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Anybody else have trouble with ballstreams tonight? Sabres are on msg where I am. I ended up having to find a stream for the game.

Early on I did...cleared up later.

It didn't for me but it has been fine for other games. Philly almost finally won in Boston. Watching Memphis/Houston now.

Amazing how Philly suddenly forgot OK4 was on the team at the end of the game. Sullinger played him tough, and had something to do with it, but you can't forget your leading scorer in crunch time.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

11/25/2015  10:15 PM
mase14 wrote:And I hate we run the offense thru Lopez

Question the hate on this one...he sure was not the problem in this game.
mase14

11/25/2015  10:17 PM
Lopez just doesn't look comfortable with the ball, no hate
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/25/2015  10:23 PM
Knicks bench was doing it with defense and energy. They got out on the break off turnovers. Fish has to switch to a different style with his bench players. They weren't so locked into the slowed down half court sets. Instead they were running more PnR, Give n Go early in the clock.
HofstraBBall

11/25/2015  10:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
nixluva wrote:Just gotta come home and get in their own beds and eat some home cooking. Knicks got a split on the road which is actually good. Despite how alarmingly poor our bench played.

I don't agree. This is not a simple we are on the road problem. Our team has glaring flaws that was covered by good 3pt shooting. There needs to be changes made for the bench of this team. We have an open roster slot and we should be using it to try and help.

I think Fish needs to settle on a rotation. The bench was out performing the starters at the start of the season. Now it seems like a flavor of the day player is going to play. Vujacic, Seraphin, KOQ, DWill, Amundson, Grant, etc. don't know what their role is night to night.

Hard to settle on a rotation when everyone you have on the bench is struggling. DW 7 for 29 last 9. Grant 11 for 41 last nine, Galloway 1 for 14 last two. With no need to look up O'Quinn, Seraphin, Admunson, With the suprisingly consistent LT with one field goal in last two losses.
As for the outperforming bench early, True ability comes out over a longer sample of playing time.
I do agree that it may help to give consistent playing time to a smaller pool of players and think he will do so. Just trying to give several a chance to earn that time.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/25/2015  10:44 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

No because he would have more space than when playing with Gallo, Sasha, Thomas, and O'quinn/Seraphin. There are plenty Pgs that came into the league without a jump shot but got to the basket, created for others, or got fouled.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/25/2015  11:06 PM
Porzingis played the most minutes tonight.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
HofstraBBall

11/25/2015  11:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/25/2015  11:13 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

No because he would have more space than when playing with Gallo, Sasha, Thomas, and O'quinn/Seraphin. There are plenty Pgs that came into the league without a jump shot but got to the basket, created for others, or got fouled.

That space wont be created unless they spread the floor for him. Which is doubtfull with options like KP, Melo and Aflalo on the floor. . Until he gets a jump shot defenses play the drive and back off him to get him to a half court set. They can then gamble and leave him open on the pass knowing they can recover because he won't catch and shoot off a double team. Typical defense for a penatrating guard who does not have a consistent shot. This won't change no matter who he plays with. Point is, he needs to work on jump shot. Hope he can do so, as he will be a more balanced offensive player.

HofstraBBall

11/25/2015  11:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/25/2015  11:11 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

And I think he is capable of doing so.

Clean
Member: #743
11/25/2015  11:22 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

That space wont be created unless they spread the floor for him. Which is doubtfull with options like KP, Melo and Aflalo on the floor. . Until he gets a jump shot defenses play the drive and back off him to get him to a half court set. They can then gamble and leave him open on the pass knowing they can recover because he won't catch and shoot off a double team. Typical defense for a penatrating guard who does not have a consistent shot. This won't change no matter who he plays with. Point is, he needs to work on jump shot. Hope he can do so, as he will be a more balanced offensive player.

Exactly, Grant will continue to play bad until he can occasionally hit an open shot.

mreinman
Member: #3189

11/25/2015  11:24 PM
mase14 wrote:Would Lou or Sasha get any burn with another NBA team?

they would start on the sixers

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/26/2015  11:00 AM
At this point, I think this team is what it is. They will beat some and lose to some. Let's hope we can hang around .500 and make a push towards the end of the season.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/26/2015  12:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/26/2015  12:39 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Yup...Have to stagger things- can't do the wholesale substitution thing.

That shouldn't happen ever. You have to keep 2 of three out there at all times. Melo, KP and Afflalo. No way can you overhaul the entire starting lineup for the backups. Fisher the last two games followed the same formula and the results have been the same. Learn from the mistakes don't repeat a third time.

Game Thread: Knicks vs Orlando (early 7PM start)!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy