[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Miami Heat Vs Porzingis 11/23 7:30pm
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/23/2015  11:32 PM
As others have mentioned, we are getting little production at PG. Melo and KP forced it early in the game and that got things off to a bad start. Thomas was throwing up bricks, not trying other things. Lopez was the only one taking it to the rim consistently. Lots of jump shooting, fewer picks. Starts with the PG position. Grant isnt ready and Calderon cant score on a regular basis. Might have to go deeper in the bench to see if we can get a spark.
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

11/24/2015  12:01 AM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:Heat very smartly using dribble penetration to distract the Knicks D! They aren't 3 pt hunting but rather driving to move our bigs and open up lanes for cutters and shooters. Pretty slick. I forgot how they play.

another team that is not taking dumb long 2's.

I hate to tell you this but the Knicks were missing EVERYTHING and it wasn't mostly long 2's. They were missing 3's and lay ups. It's not about the long 2's. You need to get off of that.

won't get off it. I'm ok with missing 3's and layups but settling for so many long 2's is not (should not be) acceptable.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

11/24/2015  2:10 AM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:Heat very smartly using dribble penetration to distract the Knicks D! They aren't 3 pt hunting but rather driving to move our bigs and open up lanes for cutters and shooters. Pretty slick. I forgot how they play.

I hate to tell you this but the Knicks were missing EVERYTHING and it wasn't mostly long 2's. They were missing 3's and lay ups. It's not about the long 2's. You need to get off of that.

won't get off it. I'm ok with missing 3's and layups but settling for so many long 2's is not (should not be) acceptable.

We shot 5 more 3s than they did.

Has little to do with how many 3s taken...more to do with the quality of the attempts and, in conjunction with this, the number of 3s made.

We took very good 3 pt shots within the flow of the offense against Houston, and we shot well. Houston shot well from 3, despite taking some contested shots not within the flow of the offense.

The quality of shots we took in Houston,all things are equal, would give us a higher shooting % over time than than taking the kind of shots Houston took.

We took enough threes, yesterday...just did not make them. We shoot from 3 with the efficiency we had in Houston and make 6 more 3s, we win by one point against the Heat.

Add to this the fact that Miami had the best shot blocker in the league, which is a deterrent to driving to the hoop for layups, and taking more midrange 2s becomes more acceptable, IMO.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

11/24/2015  2:22 AM
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

11/24/2015  2:34 AM

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/24/2015  2:35 AM
Kemet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Biggest blunder tonight, the line up that fish put out of Gallo,Sasha,Thomas,dwill,O'quinn that line up killed us

Ummmmm we weren't gonna win no matter what lineup was put out there....fact.

I agree .. all the missed perimeter shots plus giving bench players spurt minute here n there = 22 pt lead at half time, and 76 pts for the game. When we miss shots like tonight we supposed to tighten up on the defense

Yea even though we still would have lost ... Grant should have been out there opposed to Sasha... None of those guys are creators grant creates for guys like dwill,o'quin, Gallo, Thomas... Switching him with Sasha created a lot of standing around .... I love Gallo and he's a serviceable pg but he's really a two guard grant sets that team up beautifully even though he can't really shoot... Sasha can't do what grant can do on ether ends of the floor ... Grant needs to be apart of the second unit for the unit to produce .

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

11/24/2015  2:32 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

We shot 5 more 3s than they did.

Has little to do with how many 3s taken...more to do with the quality of the attempts and, in conjunction with this, the number of 3s made.

We took very good 3 pt shots within the flow of the offense against Houston, and we shot well. Houston shot well from 3, despite taking some contested shots not within the flow of the offense.

The quality of shots we took in Houston,all things are equal, would give us a higher shooting % over time than than taking the kind of shots Houston took.

We took enough threes, yesterday...just did not make them. We shoot from 3 with the efficiency we had in Houston and make 6 more 3s, we win by one point against the Heat.

Add to this the fact that Miami had the best shot blocker in the league, which is a deterrent to driving to the hoop for layups, and taking more midrange 2s becomes more acceptable, IMO.

I don't care how many 3's. I care about settling for long 2's. Don't pull up from 21 feet! Just don't. Attack / Kick, attack again / kick ...

btw, we are 20th in the league in 3 point attempts and second to LAST in the league at attempts from 0-3.

So basically, we are at the bottom of the league in attempts of the 2 most efficient shots on the court. And, they each compliment each other.

I understand that our terrible guards and lack of penetration does not help here but at least its obvious that there is a problem here.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Game Thread: Miami Heat Vs Porzingis 11/23 7:30pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy