[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

knicks now after vince carter
Author Thread
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
7/17/2004  6:09 PM
lol, come on guys, I want some feedback on my trade....raven is the only one who has given his opinion about it
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/17/2004  6:37 PM
Posted by s3231:

lol, come on guys, I want some feedback on my trade....raven is the only one who has given his opinion about it

Hehehe, sorry!

Well, I too agree that it is a good trade for both teams basketball wise. As many have mentioned here, Toronto will probably not recieve the star value of Carter, and a trade for good players is a good one for them. They dont have a star to attract people, but with a new and capable starting SF, a new PF/C in Thomas (depending on how they want to use Bosh), a young and cheap PG capable of starting and doing it effectively, and a backup C who also is an expiring contract, they could be a good team, and wins also attract fans, just ask Detroit. Its a good trade for them if they are really pushed by Vince to trade him to NY. They also have young talent that will surely help them. By making a 2 for 4 trade, they lose their star but they fill other needs. Who knows if they could do better with other teams, probably yes, but it isn't a bad offer from the Knicks.

As for New York, they get a star who wants to play here and another bad contract. I would only do this trade from the Knicks standpoint if the Dampier trade is already done because in this trade we lose most of the pieces in the Crawford trade. A concern for the Knicks should be the fact that if Dampier's trade and this one happen, they would have a lot more bad contracts, making the team they have the one they'll probably have for some seasons. If this trade would really be a possibility, then I would think on all the pros and cons of the Crawford trade and the Vince trade. In the Crawford trade we don't get a star like Vince, but we could be able to dump some of our bad contracts too, something very positive for this team. The Vince trade would be more about having a chance to land a star than having a real need.

Who knows how much of a chance we really have with Vince, but this is a good trade for both teams if they really want to make a deal between only them. We'll see if the Vince rumor is true, or just another Ilgauskas rumor to make us dream and nothing else.
Knicks_Fan
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
7/17/2004  6:42 PM
I think D. Stern would be in favor of it. Toronto loves defense more than star power. They should go for it.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/17/2004  9:41 PM
make the trade.....Vince is the man.

Trevor Ariza is good enough to make up for not having Crawford.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
mintyfreshness33
Member: #586
USA
7/17/2004  9:44 PM
this is gonna be crazy, vince is such a huge upgrade over Gazy, i am all for this trade

s3231, i like ur trade proposal, we are not giving up too much and if we should include a 1st round pick, toronto is getting a decent all around team.

Pull the trigger, do this trade, damn im so excited. My dream is coming true.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/18/2004  12:29 AM
Knicks are starphuchers, so sweets is gone. With Bosh, they might not want Sweets.

They need to keep him. Vince is a wuss, he wants out of toronto and making up real BS reasons to leave. Dr. J for GM? Why? Dude does not work!

Vince can make big money in NY. Vince si Gazy in his own way.

Do I want him? Sure why not. Pay them all!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
7/18/2004  12:31 AM
My dream is coming true.

You may want to wait a lil while before you get your hopes up.
jazz74
Member: #371
7/18/2004  1:00 AM
getting carter is a risk b/c of his health. but i think the main reason he has been unhealthy is that he is asked to do too much. he is usually the main offensive weapon on the team if not the only one. so he force drives, shots and definately minutes that are taxing to his body. true, red flags should go up b/c he is young and having knee problems ala mcdyess. but he proved last year that he is much more than a dunker. he can flat out score. to have him, starbury and houston on the floor simultaneously would be unbelievable. carter will not have to force shots and marbury will create easier shots for him. but if he tries that punk crap of sitting out games with a bruised hand, ny will eat him alive. i hope he is considering that if he wants to come. i am also suprise that he wanted to play in new york with wilkens still the coach after he badmouth him all last year.
franco12
Member: #599
USA
7/18/2004  11:39 AM
what's with all this 'Sweetney is untouchable' non-sense?

I like Sweetney as much as the next guy and I think the Knicks need to start grooming some young talent but if you've got the possibility of bringing in a stud player like carter, you've got to consider including him in a deal.

Now, I am not sure that Vince isn't going to be following the same path as Penny Hardway- one or two more injuries and he is an expensive 'role player' like Penny is and like LJ was.

On that fear alone, I think I turn down a deal unless we're not giving that much up-

so, perhaps Antoine Walker to Toronto, Vince to NYC and KT and Frank Williams and another player to Dallas.

Toronto gets their star, Vince gets to NYC and Dallas gets KT for some inside defense and FW who strenthens their PG situation.

Now, if we were to get Vince, I think Tiny Timmy needs to be sent packing- as its unlikely Houston can be exiled anywhere...
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/18/2004  5:20 PM
He's young, cheap, healthy, and getting better. He is the only player on the roster who can become a dominant rebounder, and possibly a post presence. As Riley used to say: "No rebounds, no rings."
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/18/2004  7:08 PM
anyone who thinks we're getting Vince Carter for anything less than Marbury is crazy. End of story.
¿ △ ?
franco12
Member: #599
USA
7/18/2004  8:14 PM
I wouldn't be so sure-

Antoine Walker to Toronto

Vince to NYC

and Stuff (KT, FW & filler) back to Dallas

that makes sense a few ways around-

Toronto gets their Star in Walker

Dallas gets their D Man in KT & young pg in FW in case their PG situation doesn't recover off Nash going elsewhere

Now- admittedly, there might need to be some other stuff involved and we might need to take back bad contracts

And- don't imagine that Toronto would take Marbury- his contract is massive and they just signed Rafer to that MLE maxed out- don't think they need a PG.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/18/2004  9:33 PM
Wow...

You know, the Knicks have a history of trades with the Raptors (Oak/Camby, Childs/Mark Jackson), so I wouldn't doubt that there have been some talks.

Sweetney has shown flashes of brilliance in this summer league. It's possible that he's more Elton Brand than 'Spoon-- he's been showing an ability to mix it up in the paint, draw fouls and score points. However, this is the summer league--- we're not talking about the normal 6'9-6'11" power forwards you'd typically see in the NBA. It's definitely a good sign, however, that he's now dominating this level of competition after being incredibly mediocre last summer.

However, I for one would definitely be willing to discuss a deal for Vince.

Vince Carter is an NBA heavyweight, one of the most explosive players in the game. There have been some questions related to his year and a half run of injuries, but last season he managed to stay relatively healthy (73 games after 60 and 43 the previous 2 seasons). 23/5/5 are fantasy stud numbers.

I think he's far better overall than Crawford, and most definitely carries an all-star/superstar aura with him, something you wouldn't get from Crawford.

The Raptors are a weird bunch, however, and perhaps they'd entertain acquiring Tim Thomas in a package that included Sweetney.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
knicks now after vince carter

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy