[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks @ Houston for four in a row
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

11/22/2015  5:41 PM
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote: you just misinterpreted...it happens.

Sure, let's go with that. I'm game.

So what about not having our pick next year.

I agree. The Knicks don't have a pick next year.

No thoughts on Williams?

williams has shown flashes. Sometimes he plays a bit out of control but i like the energy. I originally didnt like the signing
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/22/2015  5:45 PM
the knicks starters are running the triangle increasingly, and it's the first time we see the triangle being run without jordan or bryant.

but maybe it's the ghosts of jordan and bryant that are informing this argument, which, if the case, cannot lead anywhere. the fact of the matter is that melo's usage is not that high, only around 30% and porzingis's is higher than one might imagine, around 25%. i expect their usage rates to get closer as the season rolls on, which would be really great.

what i see is that melo is allowed to play the post in the triangle, whereas kp is not. hence melo is being asked to be more of a facilitator and kp more of a scorer. then when the triangle transitions to the pick and roll, both players are equally important. then as the clock winds down whoever has the ball goes isolation.

so really the only difference i see is the fact that kp is almost never in the post at the beginning of possessions while melo occasionally is, and melo has the green light to go isolation later in the shot clock if he wants to, something that we are seeing more from kp lately too.

i sort of understand the "kp playing off of melo" riff but i don't think it should be looked at that way. nor do i think we need to say that "kp needs the to be the focal point of the offense" because that would mean putting him in the post, which is not his role this season so much as it is lopez's, melo's, and lately seraphin's.

that said, i see porzingis as the ballast of the team because he is a two-way player and has the greatest floor impact, and as such is likely the most important player on the roster. his role right now is exactly what the knicks need, and kudo's to melo for making great efforts to continue buying in to the system.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/22/2015  6:28 PM
my impressions of the win are that afflalo, thomas, and kp were the mvps with calderon as an honorable mention.

every game you see a little more from kp, last night it was a lefty hook that rolled around and in and also a sweeping right hook shot hiiiigh off glass on harden. THAT was impressive.

i think my favorite moment was the block on harden by kp that led to melo finding his legs for a three. now THAT was a synergistic sequence catalyzed by defense. too bad melo committed a bad foul on ariza. that said, i agree melo was tired and am glad he only played 25 minutes and took only 10 shots-- but get this.... his ts% was an elite 59.5. okay so he didn't really move the ball either but then again the triangle was not used as much last night as we have seen in recent games.

i am not really thrilled with how we won last night in spite of kp's efforts-- offensively we did not look very fluid for much of the game. although the second unit still looks especially chaotic they sure can get to the line. and i think the defensive energy was pretty darn good too team-wide.

any win on the road only makes the team better-suited to playoff basketball.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/22/2015  6:29 PM
From a rockets blog on porizingis.
Rookie Kristaps Porzingis put on a clinic in being six inches taller than anyone else by grabbing 14 rebounds and blocking 7 shots. The 7'3" 20 year-old rookie is drawing compliments around the NBA as a potential franchise player. On Saturday night his promise was the Rockets demise.

Here's three takeaways after the Rockets fell to 5-9 on the season.

KRISTAPS PORZINGIS

The Houston Rockets were not expecting the Latvian to be as athletic, aggressive or big as he is. Porzingis came over for block-after-block against hapless Rockets looking for layups or dunks in the lane. He stepped out on whoever was guarding him and drained threes.

The Rockets were just not prepared for this early season sensation.To make matters worse, once Clint Capela fouled out the Rockets were left guarding Porzingis with Terrence Jones. Leaving a half a foot mismatch on the glass and allowing the Latvian to soak up every inch of the lane on defense in the closing minutes when James Harden was desperate to find a few feet of space.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/22/2015  8:07 PM
dk7th wrote:the knicks starters are running the triangle increasingly, and it's the first time we see the triangle being run without jordan or bryant.

but maybe it's the ghosts of jordan and bryant that are informing this argument, which, if the case, cannot lead anywhere. the fact of the matter is that melo's usage is not that high, only around 30% and porzingis's is higher than one might imagine, around 25%. i expect their usage rates to get closer as the season rolls on, which would be really great.

what i see is that melo is allowed to play the post in the triangle, whereas kp is not. hence melo is being asked to be more of a facilitator and kp more of a scorer. then when the triangle transitions to the pick and roll, both players are equally important. then as the clock winds down whoever has the ball goes isolation.

so really the only difference i see is the fact that kp is almost never in the post at the beginning of possessions while melo occasionally is, and melo has the green light to go isolation later in the shot clock if he wants to, something that we are seeing more from kp lately too.

i sort of understand the "kp playing off of melo" riff but i don't think it should be looked at that way. nor do i think we need to say that "kp needs the to be the focal point of the offense" because that would mean putting him in the post, which is not his role this season so much as it is lopez's, melo's, and lately seraphin's.

that said, i see porzingis as the ballast of the team because he is a two-way player and has the greatest floor impact, and as such is likely the most important player on the roster. his role right now is exactly what the knicks need, and kudo's to melo for making great efforts to continue buying in to the system.

^great post.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/22/2015  8:24 PM
crzymdups wrote:
dk7th wrote:the knicks starters are running the triangle increasingly, and it's the first time we see the triangle being run without jordan or bryant.

^great post.

+1
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
herkyJerky
Member: #6155
USA
11/23/2015  1:06 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
martin wrote:
Papabear wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:
mreinman wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:Great team effort..just ridiculous bias assessment of Melo game on this board. I think he did a great job of not forcing shots when he didn't have it. Great Great game by Kristaps. He is a beast. It's okay to have two superstars you root for on a team.

didn't force that much ... was just plain terrible. Also, he did not really look to create open shots for his mates.

He wasn't that bad. gross exaggeration. He isn't the point guard. He has had great passing games this season. He isn't gonna do that every night especially when he doesn't have his legs. Just like KP had a quiet game last night. It's a team game. Great Win.

great win despite melo (which a very good thing)

0 assists and 3 turnovers. If you have tired legs, make plays for your teammates. He is just not that type of star. If he is hitting his shot then he is great, if he is not, he is bleh

Truthfully Melo should've sat out tonight.

Fisher should seriously consider sitting Melo on the back end of back to backs.

Dickhead didn't help at all

Yes, noted. Thanks.

Just my two cents, but as a newcomer, you really out to consider doing something about these two.

as you said you are newcomer but you have no right to try and get posters booted out of here just because they have different opinion than yourself

It's not that they have differing opinions, mostly it's trolling and degrading pertinent topics into oblivion, repeatedly and unnecessarily. I'm mindful of it and want it to stop.

thats fair martin. However they have been here a while and are good fans. The newcomer is acting like some veteran by telling you to get rid of him. Its your decision not his

Not for nothing but you misread the post. "Do something" is not "getting rid of", you made that assumption of "booting". And this has been an opinion of more than one poster. Be assured that Andrew and I take in the opinions of everyone, new and old, and mix it in with our own good sense and sensibility.

i just think That new poster should mind his business. You and andrew run this forum and have done a great job keeping it in order

At least he isnt trolling, or enabling them.

the point is he should let the mods handle it

But now it sounds like YOU are trying to tell the mods what to do. This is so funny.

If it ain't broke, don't break it. - Charles 'The REAL Sir Charles' Oakley.
Knicks @ Houston for four in a row

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy