StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
martin wrote:
Papabear wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:
mreinman wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:Great team effort..just ridiculous bias assessment of Melo game on this board. I think he did a great job of not forcing shots when he didn't have it. Great Great game by Kristaps. He is a beast. It's okay to have two superstars you root for on a team.

didn't force that much ... was just plain terrible. Also, he did not really look to create open shots for his mates.

He wasn't that bad. gross exaggeration. He isn't the point guard. He has had great passing games this season. He isn't gonna do that every night especially when he doesn't have his legs. Just like KP had a quiet game last night. It's a team game. Great Win.

great win despite melo (which a very good thing)

0 assists and 3 turnovers. If you have tired legs, make plays for your teammates. He is just not that type of star. If he is hitting his shot then he is great, if he is not, he is bleh

Truthfully Melo should've sat out tonight.

Fisher should seriously consider sitting Melo on the back end of back to backs.

Dickhead didn't help at all

Yes, noted. Thanks.

Just my two cents, but as a newcomer, you really out to consider doing something about these two.

as you said you are newcomer but you have no right to try and get posters booted out of here just because they have different opinion than yourself

It's not that they have differing opinions, mostly it's trolling and degrading pertinent topics into oblivion, repeatedly and unnecessarily. I'm mindful of it and want it to stop.

thats fair martin. However they have been here a while and are good fans. The newcomer is acting like some veteran by telling you to get rid of him. Its your decision not his

Not for nothing but you misread the post. "Do something" is not "getting rid of", you made that assumption of "booting". And this has been an opinion of more than one poster. Be assured that Andrew and I take in the opinions of everyone, new and old, and mix it in with our own good sense and sensibility.

i just think That new poster should mind his business. You and andrew run this forum and have done a great job keeping it in order

At least he isnt trolling, or enabling them.

the point is he should let the mods handle it

I have no choice to let Martin and Andrew handle it, as I have no power to do otherwise.

What I am doing is giving them an outsiders perspective, which may or may not be useful to them.

I am familiar with other Knicks communities and my hope that this place isn't just RealGM Jr.

It may take some proactive measures for that not to occur (the nature of which I did not suggest), but again, that's entirely their prerogative.

just stick to the basketball stuff like we all do

I'd prefer nothing more.

then do it

Am I about basketball?

You don't seem to be following your own advice.

youre funny. So what was your view on the game

Good win.

Let's talk basketball.

Some people have argued that the Knicks have played better when Porzingis has been the main focus of the offense.

I haven't really seen that occur yet, have you?

Not only haven't I observed that happen yet, I also think Porzingis is probably best suited to play off to the main center of gravity of the offense, as his tools are currently best suited to finish rather than create. And despite his strengths he is in fact creating for others at a team low rate.

Given his potential for efficiency, he could even conceivably lead the team in scoring for stretches via this approach.

What do you think?

damn youre obsessed with trying to prove porzingis shouldnt be the focus arent you

So you don't want to talk basketball?

AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

11/22/2015  4:30 PM
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
martin wrote:
Papabear wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:
mreinman wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:Great team effort..just ridiculous bias assessment of Melo game on this board. I think he did a great job of not forcing shots when he didn't have it. Great Great game by Kristaps. He is a beast. It's okay to have two superstars you root for on a team.

didn't force that much ... was just plain terrible. Also, he did not really look to create open shots for his mates.

He wasn't that bad. gross exaggeration. He isn't the point guard. He has had great passing games this season. He isn't gonna do that every night especially when he doesn't have his legs. Just like KP had a quiet game last night. It's a team game. Great Win.

great win despite melo (which a very good thing)

0 assists and 3 turnovers. If you have tired legs, make plays for your teammates. He is just not that type of star. If he is hitting his shot then he is great, if he is not, he is bleh

Truthfully Melo should've sat out tonight.

Fisher should seriously consider sitting Melo on the back end of back to backs.

Dickhead didn't help at all

Yes, noted. Thanks.

Just my two cents, but as a newcomer, you really out to consider doing something about these two.

as you said you are newcomer but you have no right to try and get posters booted out of here just because they have different opinion than yourself

It's not that they have differing opinions, mostly it's trolling and degrading pertinent topics into oblivion, repeatedly and unnecessarily. I'm mindful of it and want it to stop.

thats fair martin. However they have been here a while and are good fans. The newcomer is acting like some veteran by telling you to get rid of him. Its your decision not his

Not for nothing but you misread the post. "Do something" is not "getting rid of", you made that assumption of "booting". And this has been an opinion of more than one poster. Be assured that Andrew and I take in the opinions of everyone, new and old, and mix it in with our own good sense and sensibility.

i just think That new poster should mind his business. You and andrew run this forum and have done a great job keeping it in order

At least he isnt trolling, or enabling them.

the point is he should let the mods handle it

I have no choice to let Martin and Andrew handle it, as I have no power to do otherwise.

What I am doing is giving them an outsiders perspective, which may or may not be useful to them.

I am familiar with other Knicks communities and my hope that this place isn't just RealGM Jr.

It may take some proactive measures for that not to occur (the nature of which I did not suggest), but again, that's entirely their prerogative.

just stick to the basketball stuff like we all do

I'd prefer nothing more.

then do it

Am I about basketball?

You don't seem to be following your own advice.

youre funny. So what was your view on the game

Good win.

Let's talk basketball.

Some people have argued that the Knicks have played better when Porzingis has been the main focus of the offense.

I haven't really seen that occur yet, have you?

Not only haven't I observed that happen yet, I also think Porzingis is probably best suited to play off to the main center of gravity of the offense, as his tools are currently best suited to finish rather than create. And despite his strengths he is in fact creating for others at a team low rate.

Given his potential for efficiency, he could even conceivably lead the team in scoring for stretches via this approach.

What do you think?

damn youre obsessed with trying to prove porzingis shouldnt be the focus arent you

So you don't want to talk basketball?

im talking basketball, stop trolling. Last night was the type of game that shows why porzingis is our best all around player, kid can do it all
bigbasketballs
Member: #6167

11/22/2015  4:38 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:im talking basketball, stop trolling. Last night was the type of game that shows why porzingis is our best all around player, kid can do it all

How to best utilize him his rookie season whether he is or is not the Knicks best all around player is a perfectly relevant topic, and I listened to what you posted about his use, and asked a reasonable question in response.

I'm still interested in your answer.

StarksEwing1

11/22/2015  4:40 PM
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:im talking basketball, stop trolling. Last night was the type of game that shows why porzingis is our best all around player, kid can do it all

How to best utilize him his rookie season whether he is or is not the Knicks best all around player is a perfectly relevant topic, and I listened to what you posted about his use, and asked a reasonable question in response.

i gave you an answer. Now you respond its pretty easy
bigbasketballs

11/22/2015  4:46 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:

I genuinely missed your response.

You said the Knicks have played best when Porzingis was the main focus.

When was that?

I'll be happy for a link to your response that I missed if you don't want to post it all over again.

StarksEwing1

11/22/2015  4:50 PM
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:

When was that?

I'll be happy for a link to your response that I missed if you don't want to post it all over again.

im not gonna repeat it 10 times man. Anyway how do you feel about derrick williams. He has shown some great flashes
bigbasketballs

11/22/2015  4:55 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:

When was that?

im not gonna repeat it 10 times man.

Totally cool. Give me a thread and a page and I'll find it myself and post it here so I can properly respond.

StarksEwing1

11/22/2015  4:56 PM
Nu
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:

When was that?

Totally cool. Give me a thread and a page and I'll find it myself and post it here so I can properly respond.

i asked you a question about derrick williams. Didnt you want to talk basketball?
bigbasketballs

11/22/2015  5:00 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Nu
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:

When was that?

i asked you a question about derrick williams. Didnt you want to talk basketball?

Absolutely. I was planning on responding to both basketball topics at the same time. Looking forward to it. As I say, happy to so the work, just point me in the right direction.

StarksEwing1

11/22/2015  5:02 PM
bigbasketballs wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:

When was that?

Absolutely. I was planning on responding to both basketball topics at the same time. Looking forward to it. As I say, happy to so the work, just point me in the right direction.

dude now you are trolling. So what is your view on derrick williams so far?
bigbasketballs

11/22/2015  5:06 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:

When was that?

No, I'n not. You're lying. You haven't answered my reasonable, fair question in response to you statement and we both know it.

And we both know why you haven't answered it.

I'll be more than happy to discuss Derrick Williams with someone who shows themselves capable of having a fair conversation.

That hasn't occurred yet.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/22/2015  5:07 PM
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:

When was that?

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

11/22/2015  5:09 PM
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:

When was that?

No, I'n not. You're lying. You haven't answered my reasonable, fair question in response to you statement and we both know it.

I'll be more than happy to discuss Derrick Williams with someone who shows themselves capable of having a fair conversation.

im trying to have a conversation With you but you refuse to answer questions.
bigbasketballs

11/22/2015  5:10 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:

When was that?

Following your lead.

When has KP been the Knicks main focus this season? I ask because you said they play best when he is.

StarksEwing1

11/22/2015  5:14 PM
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:

When was that?

Following your lead.

When has KP been the Knicks main focus this season? I ask because you said they play best when he is.

its my opinion. Kind of like in the charlotte game and even last night. We will see how it goes for the rest of the season. Happy now?
bigbasketballs

11/22/2015  5:19 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:

When was that?

Following your lead.

its my opinion. Kind of like in the charlotte game and even last night. We will see how it goes for the rest of the season. Happy now?

Did you mean to say when KP is the high scorer? Yeah I'm cool with that too.

But in the Charlotte and Houston games he was not the main focus. In fact, that is the beauty of his game right now, that it's coming free and easy and not in any way forced or designed, hence the relevance of the topic.

I don't think, a month into his career, the Knicks should purposely focus on making him the main focus of their offensive sets, which doesn't mean he can't be the leading and/or most efficient scorer.

Do you agree or disagree?

StarksEwing1

11/22/2015  5:21 PM
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:

When was that?

Following your lead.

But in the Charlotte and Houston games he was not the main focus. In fact, that is the beauty of his game right now, that it's coming free and easy and not in any way forced or designed, hence the relevance of the topic.

I don't think, a month into his career, the Knicks should purposely focus on making him the main focus of their offensive sets, which doesn't mean he can't be the leading and/or most efficient scorer.

i meant when he is the higher scorer
bigbasketballs

11/22/2015  5:29 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:

When was that?

Following your lead.

Ah, fair enough. Your indirect "main focus" substitution for high scorer threw me.

Ironically, the Knicks actually played best when Derrick Williams was the high scorer.

I think Williams is a long-term project. The talent is there. The unique element he brings to the Knicks is there and can be a positive/useful. But it'll take a while (if ever) for him to learn how to harness it within the system and to bring defense to the table even on nights when the game or match-up doesn't play to his role.

I'm fine with his ups and downs and usage so far. No need to force it. If it's a good match it'll come. If not, will be no big surprise, he's been a bust for a reason.

But I'm cool for Jackson to have his projects.

StarksEwing1

11/22/2015  5:36 PM
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
bigbasketballs wrote:

When was that?

Following your lead.

Ah, fair enough. Your indirect "main focus" substitution for high scorer threw me.

Ironically, the Knicks actually played best when Derrick Williams was the high scorer.

I think Williams is a long-term project. The talent is there. The unique element he brings to the Knicks is there and can be a positive/useful. But it'll take a while (if ever) for him to learn how to harness it within the system and to bring defense to the table even on nights when the game or match-up doesn't play to his role.

I'm fine with his ups and downs and usage so far. No need to force it. If it's a good match it'll come. If not, will be no big surprise, he's been a bust for a reason.

But I'm cool for Jackson to have his projects.

you just misinterpreted...it happens. So what about not having our pick next year. Hopefully phil can work some magic and get a first rounder like he did with the hardaway trade
bigbasketballs

11/22/2015  5:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/22/2015  5:38 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote: you just misinterpreted...it happens.

Sure, let's go with that. I'm game.

So what about not having our pick next year.

I agree. The Knicks don't have a pick next year.

No thoughts on Williams?

Knicks @ Houston for four in a row

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy