Friday night Thunder!!
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/20/2015  11:49 PM
From a thunder blog,
. Billy Donovan has preached movement and I see a lot of it happening on the offensive end, but I have still yet to see any real difference in the Thunder offense.
http://thunderousintentions.com/2015/11/20/thunder-shooting-woes-continue-lose-93-90-knicks/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/20/2015  11:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:From a thunder blog,
. Billy Donovan has preached movement and I see a lot of it happening on the offensive end, but I have still yet to see any real difference in the Thunder offense.
http://thunderousintentions.com/2015/11/20/thunder-shooting-woes-continue-lose-93-90-knicks/

Looks like a lot of poor decision making to me. Maybe it looks a lot better with a healthy KD.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/20/2015  11:59 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:From a thunder blog,

Looks like a lot of poor decision making to me. Maybe it looks a lot better with a healthy KD.

Something just always feels off about the Thunder. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Durant go to Washington in July.

¿ △ ?
clyderules
Member: #6156

11/21/2015  12:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2015  12:34 AM
The defense was great the whole game.

But the offense at the end and the decision making were pitiful. Why should Rolo even touch the ball near the end? Let him just set picks. They are not a team that creates quick shots so why use up 18 seconds of the clock before starting the play? As has been mentioned why not call a timeout if you can't inbound?

And I think they should have fouled at the end to prevent the three pt. attempt. It's common sense and math!

Gsus
Member: #4459

11/21/2015  7:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2015  7:16 AM
clyderules wrote:The defense was great the whole game.

But the offense at the end and the decision making were pitiful. Why should Rolo even touch the ball near the end? Let him just set picks. They are not a team that creates quick shots so why use up 18 seconds of the clock before starting the play? As has been mentioned why not call a timeout if you can't inbound?

And I think they should have fouled at the end to prevent the three pt. attempt. It's common sense and math!

They shot 2 for 30 or something up until that point before Westbrook's ridiculous heave. It's not common sense to stop the clock and put a guy on the line with 13 seconds left and give two free points and then have the burden of inbounding, getting fouled and then having your guy hit two free throws while still giving your opponent enough time to get another opportunity. There should be no reason to not defend a team that shot poorly from 3 all night and instead give them two free points.

Rolo may have ****ed up a couple of times at the end, but he is the backbone of this Knicks defense everybody is raving about. They intentionally funnel guards into him, that's how they play and the guy busts his ass. The flavor of the moment however was crapping the bed because it was his job to secure those offensive rebounds that OKC was grabbing because Lopez was trying to contain Wesbrook's drives all night. It's probably why he didn't see a lot of minutes tonight.

I would like to have seen Gallo to close out, though. The dude had 5 steals and his pressure would have alleviated some of burden on Lopez, but I guess Fisher wanted to continue to run the offense instead of being predictable and just going iso Melo...Jose does that.

But you also see why Woodson was so intent on going Iso Melo during crunchtime. You saw it tonight with the turnovers. With the defensive intensity dialed up in the last few minutes and a team down big taking chances on steals, turnovers become a problem. Woodson would rather have a shot put up by Melo than have a turnover and no shot at all.

All of this is bull****, however, due to the fact that Gallo and Grant are rookies/young/inexperienced and Woodson had one of the best point guards of all time. But you see why it's so tempting to just give it in the hands of your best player. But this is why Fisher likes to go with Calderon at the end, it gives him both options. They also play a "prevent offense", where they slow the pace down to a crawl and milk the clock, which is why we go into offensive lulls after the five minute mark. It's by design, but we'll get better at it. I like what he's doing, he has to, with a bunch of young inexperienced guys playing major minutes.

JesseDark
Member: #467
11/21/2015  7:26 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Killa4luv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:that was a foul on ibaka

Definitely, and the announcers didn't mention it.

Yeah, I saw the same thing. It reminded me a lot of Reggie's foul on Greg Anthony in the 1995 playoffs on that last inbounds.

I was going to say the same thing, definitely reminded of that Reggie Miller game.

Bring back dee-fense
Friday night Thunder!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy