7 Kay Felder
8 Ben Bentil
9 Domatas Sabonis
10 A J hammonds
11 Jamall Murray
12 Jakob Poetl
13 diamond stone
14 Brice Johnson

ill wait to the end of the season to list my top 15 prospects. right now too many ups and downs in the season and that i dont want that to bias my rankings

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/15/2016  12:08 PM
If you happened upon the last four minutes of Monmouth-Rider on Friday night, then you bore witness to four minutes of what may be as close to perfect basketball as the sport allows, the Hawks going on a 17-2 run to turn a 14-point deficit into a one-point win. NCAA Committee folks better have been watching.

It's gotta be the bench.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/18/2016  3:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/18/2016  11:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Update
#1 Ben Simmons F
#2 Branden Ingram F G
#3 Buddy Hield SG
#4 Kris Dunn PG
#5 Domatas Sabonis PF
#6 Grayson Allen G
#7 A J Hammonds C
#8 Melo Trimble PG
#9 Kahlil Felder PG
#10Brice Johnson PF
11 Jamall Murray PG/G
12 Jakob Poetl C
13 Ivan Rabb F
14 Denzel Valentine SG
15 Diamond Stone C

1 Ben Simmons
2 Branden Ingram
3 Denzel Valentine
4 Buddy Hield
5 Grayson Allen
6 Kay Felder
7 A J Hammonds
8 Diamond Stone
9 Domatas Sabonis
10 Kris Dunn
11 Caris Lavert
12 Jakob Poetl
13 Jamall Murray
14 Brice Johnson

1 Jamal Murray
2 Branden Ingram
3 Ben Simmons
4 Denzel Valentine
5 Buddy Hield
6 Grayson Allen
7 Kris Dunn
8 Diamond Stone
9 Jakob Poetl
10 Brice Johnson
11 Kay Felder
12 Domantas Sabonis
13 A J Hammonds
14 Caris Levert

RIP Crushalot😞
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/18/2016  12:46 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:At the risk of possibly pissing off Briggs, is anyone watching Monmouth U Hawks? I realize they're conference is weak, but... just asking.

Monmouth is among the top 5 fun teams to watch this year. Theyve been incredible and play a great game--same as Stony Brook.

Stony Brook finally lost a game.
Monmouth on a 7 game win streak and has 22 wins heading into Iona.

BRIGGS
2/18/2016  2:47 PM
jrodmc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:At the risk of possibly pissing off Briggs, is anyone watching Monmouth U Hawks? I realize they're conference is weak, but... just asking.

Monmouth is among the top 5 fun teams to watch this year. Theyve been incredible and play a great game--same as Stony Brook.

Stony Brook finally lost a game.
Monmouth on a 7 game win streak and has 22 wins heading into Iona.

Yeah they lost to a good Albany team--any of those teams are capable of winning rd 1. Monmouth is a sweet sixteen candidate or even elite 8 darkhorse.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
2/18/2016  11:52 PM
Moved Jamal Murray to pick #1 from 4--moved Simmons to 3 and kept Ingram unchanged at 2.
RIP Crushalot😞
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

2/18/2016  11:55 PM
are you basing these rankings by game by game performances BRIGGS? lol
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
BRIGGS
2/19/2016  12:05 AM
callmened wrote:are you basing these rankings by game by game performances BRIGGS? lol

Hes just gone to another level--hes unbelievable right now for an 18 year old freshmen. You like the guy who can make the plays with the dribble first in this league given even talent. Hes just off the "projection" charts right now--Ben Simmons can he do what he does in the NBA and he doesnt shoot 3's hesa great greta player---there is no doubt--to me I just came to the conclusion that its 3 guys at the top and Simmons is 3. I know some people really love Hield but hes also 22 years old--that drops him in with Valentine Allen Dunn group. Just my humble opinion.

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

2/19/2016  12:26 AM
i mean ive been saying Ingram, Murray (and also J . Bender) were better pro prospects than Simmons for months now
BRIGGS
2/20/2016  11:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2016  9:30 PM
Another 2nd rounder over looked is Malcolm Bragdon SG for Virginia

My list of players Id take for Knicks

14-21 Denzell Valentine G Grayson Allen G

22-28 Kay Felder A J Hammonds C Derrick Jones G Ben Bentl

29-45 Bryn Forbes G Malcolm Brogdan G Tyler Ulis PG

45-60 Zeek Woodley G Deandre Bembry G Pascal Siakim Undersized C

Undrafted Zack Auguste C Isiah Taylor PG G Isiah Miles G Jameel Warney F Ryan Andersen F Mamadou Ndiaye C

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

2/20/2016  1:34 PM
im a BIG fam of AJ Hammonds at Purdue...he might get drafted in the late 1st rd though
BRIGGS
2/20/2016  2:17 PM
callmened wrote:im a BIG fam of AJ Hammonds at Purdue...he might get drafted in the late 1st rd though

If I could turn melo and Lopez into Grayson Allen Denzell Valentine Aj Hammonds and Felder in addition to the extra cap space they be gone

RIP Crushalot😞
Finestrg
Member: #1069

2/21/2016  3:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2016  3:06 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
callmened wrote:im a BIG fam of AJ Hammonds at Purdue...he might get drafted in the late 1st rd though

If I could turn melo and Lopez into Grayson Allen Denzell Valentine Aj Hammonds and Felder in addition to the extra cap space they be gone

Yogi Ferrell was an interesting name you brought up. Great call. I like him a lot for us too. Very much in the mix for me in that late 40-ish to 60/undrafted range. Hoping Phil can come up with another pick somehow. Even a late pick, I'd be happy with. There's some nice value projected to go late.

callmened

2/21/2016  9:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2016  9:24 AM
is Yogi or Felder a triangle PG? BRIGGS you asked if phil could play a 6-3 and 6-2 backcourt? How would he feel about a a 5-10 PG?

again, great names and prospects but my question is HOW to we acquire these draft picks without assets? Last yr we were lucky that ATL was foolish enough to trade timmy for a 1st rder

unless youre talking about Melo getting traded, then i dont understand the talk of 1st rd draft picks. and of course only Melo dictates whether he gets traded and therefore whether we get draft picks

Finestrg
Member: #1069

2/21/2016  1:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2016  2:52 PM
callmened wrote:is Yogi or Felder a triangle PG? BRIGGS you asked if phil could play a 6-3 and 6-2 backcourt? How would he feel about a a 5-10 PG?

again, great names and prospects but my question is HOW to we acquire these draft picks without assets? Last yr we were lucky that ATL was foolish enough to trade timmy for a 1st rder

unless youre talking about Melo getting traded, then i dont understand the talk of 1st rd draft picks. and of course only Melo dictates whether he gets traded and therefore whether we get draft picks

Here are some of my concerns with Phil and his triangle:

#1 - Phil possibly dismissing "smaller" PGs (say 6'1-6'2-ish and under) even if they have obvious talent because he doesn't think they're big enough or fits for his system. To me, that's a problem. I'd love a detailed explanation here.

#2 - Players, some quite talented, saying outright that they would never come play here because of said system, not to mention certain players that have played here and have since spoken out against said system. HUGE concern.

#3 - Phil possibly dismissing quality coaches, maybe even a Tom Thibodeau, because they may not fit his system = a problem.

#4 - At some point Phil will move on. He's even said as much. Do we want him leaving us with a bunch of triangle/Phil Jackson-specific players & coaches that the next regime will automatically look to unload to start over or do we want some pieces in place that any team would want to continue rebuilding with? That's what I fear will happen. Yet another concern of mine..

#5 - Show me any kind of evidence that the system was a winner without the best players in the sport at the time or better yet, how the system has been able to elevate/get the best out of a mediocre roster. Haven't seen that this year, that's for sure. Is there a chapter in Phil's book about this??

Yogi Ferrell has some damn good qualities -- yeah he's only around 6' (I don't think that's too small btw) but he's tough, seasoned/experienced (college senior), he's got very good speed and quickness, real shifty with the ball, he can get deep in the lane and make plays and he shoots it well. Look at a guy like Isaiah Canaan, a FA who I basically like. He's not top shelf by any means but a decent NBA PG around 6' that can shoot the 3. Those qualities probably get him paid a decent contract. The Sixers feature Ish Smith and Canaan as their main PGs. I think Ferrell's a better player than either of those guys. Who knows how good he could be -- as good or better than Darren Collison? Kyle Lowry perhaps? Never say never, man. Ferrell's real solid value anywhere from 40-60 in this draft and if we could ever ink him up if he goes undrafted, all the better (esp. on a team like ours with such a hole at that position. We also have no pick but you figure it's reasonable to think Phil could garner a late pick where we'd have a shot to get Ferrell. Beggars can't be choosers)...Outside of being slightly on the smaller side, how does he not fit the triangle exactly? I'm not saying you, Ned -- I'm addressing that question at Phil. To me, you would think that he has most of the requisite skills. Plus size for a PG is a bonus, no doubt, but how is that really applied unless said PG has some post up ability or enough size to play some 2G? I personally believe all this "ability to see over the defense" stuff is overrated. Gimmie a PG that can cut right threw the damn defense like a knife or look to outrun the defense at times any day--then if neither of those options are there, he can still function well in the half-court. Those are the main qualities in a PG that we should be looking for. Our search for a point can't possibly start and end looking at size only...Forget the triangle--any GM rebuilding a team should covet a lead guard with multiple skills, no? I think Ferrell fit the profile...

callmened

2/21/2016  5:58 PM
for the record, i LOVE Yogi Farrell. have been a fan of his since he lead his team to the Sweet 16 as a freshmen. When going are that small that standard deviation increases. He'll either be not that good (Shane Larkin) or very good (Lowry). I hope for HIS sake, hes not drafted by us only cuz that will diminish his potential.dude is a perfect PNR point guard with toughness, IQ and skills
BRIGGS
2/22/2016  2:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/11/2016  1:15 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Update
#1 Ben Simmons F
#2 Branden Ingram F G
#3 Buddy Hield SG
#4 Kris Dunn PG
#5 Domatas Sabonis PF
#6 Grayson Allen G
#7 A J Hammonds C
#8 Melo Trimble PG
#9 Kahlil Felder PG
#10Brice Johnson PF
11 Jamall Murray PG/G
12 Jakob Poetl C
13 Ivan Rabb F
14 Denzel Valentine SG
15 Diamond Stone C

1 Ben Simmons
2 Branden Ingram
3 Denzel Valentine
4 Buddy Hield
5 Grayson Allen
6 Kay Felder
7 A J Hammonds
8 Diamond Stone
9 Domatas Sabonis
10 Kris Dunn
11 Caris Lavert
12 Jakob Poetl
13 Jamall Murray
14 Brice Johnson

1 Jamal Murray
2 Branden Ingram
3 Ben Simmons
4 Denzel valentine
5 Jakob Poetl
6 Jaylen Brown
7 Grayson Allen
8 Buddy Hield
9 Diamond Stone
10 Brice Johnson
11 Kay Felder
12 Kris Dunn
13 Ben Bentl
14 A J Hammonds
15 Domatas Sabonis

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

2/23/2016  11:50 PM
i know ben simmons has been hyped to be the #1 pick and savior. but he cant even save his (talented) LSU team from a 16-12 record and NIT bid
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

2/24/2016  12:13 AM
callmened wrote:i know ben simmons has been hyped to be the #1 pick and savior. but he cant even save his (talented) LSU team from a 16-12 record and NIT bid

Also screwing up in his classes:

bleacherreport.com
Ben Simmons Benched for Academic Reasons
Alec Nathan

Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports

LSU Tigers freshman forward Ben Simmons was benched for the first four minutes, 30 seconds of his team's game against the Tennessee Volunteers on Saturday afternoon for academic reasons, according to ESPN's Sarah Hart.

"Academic matter, there are some academic things he needs to take care of," LSU head coach Johnny Jones said on the ESPNU broadcast, per DraftExpress' Jonathan Givony. "This is how we're dealing with it"

While the punishment was hardly severe, it should serve as a wake-up call for Simmons as the Tigers try to scratch their way into the NCAA tournament.

Simmons has been the lifeblood of LSU all season long, but his heroics have been able to carry the team only so far.

During a standout freshman season that's seen him average 19.3 points, 12.0 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game prior to Saturday, the phenom has helped lift LSU to wins over the likes of Kentucky and Texas A&M while pushing previously top-ranked Oklahoma in a tight two-point contest.

That said, LSU has some ugly losses on its resume—including defeats at the hands of Alabama, Wake Forest and Houston.

Considering the Tigers have struggled to gain any semblance of consistency in the win column with Simmons active, it's hard to imagine what would happen if he were to be punished further.

For Simmons' sake and the program's, hopefully Saturday served as a minor shock to his system.

What does it tell you when a guy can't even give you a season of effort in the classroom as a prelude to making millions as the potential #1 pick?

He is also a guy who has been known to play with reduced intensity at times during games, and is someone who, despite all his talent, has still not learned to shoot with accuracy from the outside- something that takes a little more commitment and dedication to achieve.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
2/24/2016  3:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2016  3:31 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
callmened wrote:i know ben simmons has been hyped to be the #1 pick and savior. but he cant even save his (talented) LSU team from a 16-12 record and NIT bid

Also screwing up in his classes:

bleacherreport.com
Ben Simmons Benched for Academic Reasons
Alec Nathan

Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports

LSU Tigers freshman forward Ben Simmons was benched for the first four minutes, 30 seconds of his team's game against the Tennessee Volunteers on Saturday afternoon for academic reasons, according to ESPN's Sarah Hart.

"Academic matter, there are some academic things he needs to take care of," LSU head coach Johnny Jones said on the ESPNU broadcast, per DraftExpress' Jonathan Givony. "This is how we're dealing with it"

While the punishment was hardly severe, it should serve as a wake-up call for Simmons as the Tigers try to scratch their way into the NCAA tournament.

Simmons has been the lifeblood of LSU all season long, but his heroics have been able to carry the team only so far.

During a standout freshman season that's seen him average 19.3 points, 12.0 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game prior to Saturday, the phenom has helped lift LSU to wins over the likes of Kentucky and Texas A&M while pushing previously top-ranked Oklahoma in a tight two-point contest.

That said, LSU has some ugly losses on its resume—including defeats at the hands of Alabama, Wake Forest and Houston.

Considering the Tigers have struggled to gain any semblance of consistency in the win column with Simmons active, it's hard to imagine what would happen if he were to be punished further.

For Simmons' sake and the program's, hopefully Saturday served as a minor shock to his system.

What does it tell you when a guy can't even give you a season of effort in the classroom as a prelude to making millions as the potential #1 pick?

He is also a guy who has been known to play with reduced intensity at times during games, and is someone who, despite all his talent, has still not learned to shoot with accuracy from the outside- something that takes a little more commitment and dedication to achieve.

He'll be a good player he's got a lot of physical talent not overly concerned about his school work his team w or l. I just came to conclusion so far that the 2 stud guards have higher valuation and Ingram can shoot from long range so I feel definitive skills there I think Simmons upside is Blake griffin and he will still probably go first the draft gets choppy after 4 it's beauty of the beholder poetl has been really good and could be 5

RIP Crushalot😞
College basketball thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy