Frank talking big
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/14/2001  1:12 PM
From Frank Isola regarding the Detriot game:

"But in what amounted to a one-on-one battle between Sprewell and Jerry Stackhouse, the Knicks' All-Star failed to convert the two most critical shots as Allan Houston acted as a $100 million decoy."

Read: Houston, up to his usual crap.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
12/14/2001  1:33 PM
Posted by martin:

From Frank Isola regarding the Detriot game:

"But in what amounted to a one-on-one battle between Sprewell and Jerry Stackhouse, the Knicks' All-Star failed to convert the two most critical shots as Allan Houston acted as a $100 million decoy."

Read: Houston, up to his usual crap.
Houston, what happenned to your comments about being league MVP? oh, you were talking about when you play in the NBDL? or NBA Jr?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/14/2001  4:55 PM
You have to consider that Sprewell has been playing so well you have to keep going to him no matter what. He's been putting up unbelieveable basketball and is our best player and all-star. He's playing the best he's ever played in his career and for a superstar like him, thats saying a lot. When you got a guy like Spree playing this way you can't afford to go to Houston, especially in the clutch.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
12/14/2001  5:50 PM
I thought Houston was playing his best basketball of the season recently too.
We suck.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
12/14/2001  6:30 PM
Well Houston should get the last shot as the opponent probably thinks Spree is going to take it. I'm not worried, once the team is used to the change in play and the coach has more different plays in mind for the players all will be semi-fine.

What's less comforting is talk of Indiana trading Travis Best for Marc Jackson. We shall see what happens, Marc still has to OK any deal before it happens.
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
12/14/2001  10:22 PM
Reading about the Wizards debacle and I think we should put Alan Toasted on the bench when the other guys have two back court scorers.
Maybe also, after a hard game the night before the coach should be using some of the energy off the bench more....

Still think management made a big mistake giving Toasted so much $$$$.
The Old Man of UK...
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
12/15/2001  11:53 AM
Houston would probably do fine if he was the main scorer, but since Spree's been here he has always come second to Sprewell. With Spree missing these shots the last two games, I don't understand why Chaney doesn't draw up any plays, he just seems to let Spree in isolation and try to make something happen. I'd much rather give the ball to Houston on the perimeter off a screen or pick and have him shoot an open three then have Spree trying to hit a fadeaway over two defenders. Also, Spree drives and he usually gets a double, yet he rarely passes back out on the perimeter. If you got Houston just a couple more shots, he'd prob. avg. 20 points a game. Two guys averaging 20 points would be pretty nice.
#Knickstaps
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
12/15/2001  3:39 PM
Chaney has to mix it up some more, indeed get Houston some more shots and plays but don't let Spree out of it as well. We need them to gel and he might even try switching the positions and letting AH play SF as well as he's taller then Spree so that might work out. I think "Duck" still has to get a feel for his players and I hope he'll work it all out.
Frank talking big

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy