Member: #3806
USA
11/17/2015  11:57 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I really liked seraphins game lately, playing inspired

4 assists shocked the crap out of me.

yeah me too.

In a sucky way reality wise, but great motivational wise, "Paris" really has Seraphin zeroed in.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

11/17/2015  11:59 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:I also like how afflo played tonight as well
Knicks have a big three.

KP - 29pts 11rebs 1blk (+20 plus/minus)
Melo - 18pts 11rebs 5ast 2blks (+19)
Afflalo - 16pts 3reb 3ast (+22)

It seriously reminds me a bit of how the 2008-10 Celtics were made up. Obviously KP is not MVP level KG... yet... but the team makeup feels similar in some weird way. Melo sacrificing a few of shots for better team cohesion a la Paul Pierce... etc...

DW -15 and counting

so here is what phil is thinking ....
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

11/18/2015  12:01 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I really liked seraphins game lately, playing inspired

4 assists shocked the crap out of me.

yeah me too.

In a sucky way reality wise, but great motivational wise, "Paris" really has Seraphin zeroed in.

it seems like it.
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/18/2015  1:16 AM
The refs sucks..Fisher have to do something about Melo not getting calls..This is just ridiculous at this point..
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/18/2015  12:52 PM
holfresh wrote:The refs sucks..Fisher have to do something about Melo not getting calls..This is just ridiculous at this point..

`Exactly, I've been saying this for a while now that Fisher needs to put media pressure on the refs.

StarksEwing1

11/18/2015  5:50 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
holfresh wrote:The refs sucks..Fisher have to do something about Melo not getting calls..This is just ridiculous at this point..

`Exactly, I've been saying this for a while now that Fisher needs to put media pressure on the refs.

whining about the refs accomplishes nothing. As long as we play solid for 4 quarters it wont matter. Every team gets bad calls
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/18/2015  6:01 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

whining about the refs accomplishes nothing. As long as we play solid for 4 quarters it wont matter. Every team gets bad calls

Coaches campaign for calls and superstars usually get calls. It would be nice if the Knicks guy got some.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
mreinman

11/18/2015  6:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Coaches campaign for calls and superstars usually get calls. It would be nice if the Knicks guy got some.

why doesn't he?

CrushAlot
USA
11/18/2015  6:08 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

why doesn't he?

Great question. I remember watching Alonzo Mourning's first nba game and I thought he was going to foul out of every game he played for awhile because he forced the contact so much on offense. It didn't work that way.
mreinman

11/18/2015  6:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

why doesn't he?

Great question. I remember watching Alonzo Mourning's first nba game and I thought he was going to foul out of every game he played for awhile because he forced the contact so much on offense. It didn't work that way.

He doesn't get calls because he initiates contact and does not really use any head fakes or footwork to get his defender in the air and off balanced. He will try to ram it in there with brute force most of the time.

As I mentioned in another thread, maybe KP can teach him the dream shake.

Really is strange that he never developed this part of his game but he will desperately need it as he gets older. He is way too predictable right now and he is just not as quick as he used to be.

StarksEwing1

11/18/2015  6:16 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

why doesn't he?

He doesn't get calls because he initiates contact and does not really use any head fakes or footwork to get his defender in the air and off balanced. He will try to ram it in there with brute force most of the time.

Really is strange that he never developed this part of his game but he will desperately need it as he gets older. He is way too predictable right now and he is just not as quick as he used to be.

exactly. There isnt any conspiracy against melo, he simply needs to get defenders to leave their feet and he will get the calls
CrushAlot
USA
11/18/2015  7:06 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

why doesn't he?

exactly. There isnt any conspiracy against melo, he simply needs to get defenders to leave their feet and he will get the calls
He doesn't get calls and there was an article a while back that talked about the drop off in the times he went to the line after the trade ( I want to say it was 3 or 4 times less per game). Just glad you two praise him when he plays the right way.
mreinman

11/18/2015  7:41 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

why doesn't he?

He doesn't get calls and there was an article a while back that talked about the drop off in the times he went to the line after the trade ( I want to say it was 3 or 4 times less per game). Just glad you two praise him when he plays the right way.

I don't think that the refs don't like him. He is not a guy that shows them up. Its his game.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/18/2015  8:07 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

why doesn't he?

I don't think that the refs don't like him. He is not a guy that shows them up. Its his game.

I was watching the game again but stopped to to turn on the Orl/Minny game but while I was going through the 1st qtr there was a play right before Seraphin hit a diving Porzingis for a lay up where Melo was on the block against Batum backed him down turned pump faked and got Hawes, who came over to help, in the air and came down on Melo. I remember a few other instances in this game where he pumped and was hit but no called but I will go over it later to make sure.

Are the refs out to get Melo maybe not but that does not mean that they have a perception of Melo and referee him differently because he is so strong. I put it like this, great defenders are not reffed like everyone because they get usually get the benefit of the doubt. You think Lebron James(past), Kawahi Leonard(now) do not get leeway on defense? I do also think perception of your team is factored too. Look at Shump, who think he suddenly improved s a player when he went from Ny to CLe? He was still the sucky(sorry Guns) player he always was but I'll tell you what I did notice is that he wasn't getting called for as many stupid PFs like he did on the knicks.

mreinman

11/18/2015  8:12 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

why doesn't he?

I was watching the game again but stopped to to turn on the Orl/Minny game but while I was going through the 1st qtr there was a play right before Seraphin hit a diving Porzingis for a lay up where Melo was on the block against Batum backed him down turned pump faked and got Hawes, who came over to help, in the air and came down on Melo. I remember a few other instances in this game where he pumped and was hit but no called but I will go over it later to make sure.

Are the refs out to get Melo maybe not but that does not mean that they have a perception of Melo and referee him differently because he is so strong. I put it like this, great defenders are not reffed like everyone because they get usually get the benefit of the doubt. You think Lebron James(past), Kawahi Leonard(now) do not get leeway on defense? I do also think perception of your team is factored too. Look at Shump, who think he suddenly improved s a player when he went from Ny to CLe? He was still the sucky(sorry Guns) player he always was but I'll tell you what I did notice is that he wasn't getting called for as many stupid PFs like he did on the knicks.

Listen, I am a fan too. I watch the knicks games (and giants games) and I could swear that we are getting screwed but it does not really work that way. Every fan base thinks they are getting screwed.

Maybe Melo is too proud to play for the foul and he won't flop because its for puzzy's like Lebro, Manu, Reggie and Harden?

Harden forces the refs to call the foul. Melo almost forces them not to.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/18/2015  8:58 PM
Melo doesn't get the call because he doesn't flop and yell when he goes to the hole...plain and simple. All this crap about pump fakes and initiating contact, is just that...crap.

Certain players get certain based on who they are or reputation.

This is why NBA officials are the worse and most corrupt in all of sports...although the NFL is giving them a run for their money this year.

Knicks Charlotte (take 2) Game Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy