crzymdups wrote:People giving Melo a hard time - he was great today:

29 pts
13 rebs
3 ast
1 stl
11-21FG
6-7FT

nobody giving him a hard time today.

You were not listening to the N.O. feed.

the announcers? what'd they say? we are talking about the UK

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

11/15/2015  2:39 PM
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Hope Fisher realizes how much better Melo looks at the 4.

Biggest take away for me this game was the lineups with Melo at the 4. Melo at the 4, KP at 5 or Melo at 4, Seraphin at 5 - both looked great.

it worked against the lineup that NO was putting out there. Does not always make sense. That is also why Rolo could not match up today.

STRETCH FUKKING 4'S ARE NIGHTMARE MATCHUPS FOR NON STRETCH 4'S

So you mean you wouldn't play KOQ and KS together?

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

11/15/2015  2:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2015  2:40 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
herkyJerky wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:melo should have put the ball on the floor there to draw a foul. that brick was a brain freeze

what????? he was wide open!

If I remember correctly there were only like 2 seconds left. A 24 second violation right there would've been a momentum killer for sure.

no there were 4 seconds left, i believe.

you want him to pass up a wide open 15 footer? you are way off there.

he rushed that shot when he actually had time to put it on the floor and draw a foul.

and there weren't 4 seconds left on the clock of that grant desperation pass there were 5 SECONDS LEFT.

maybe he rushed because he lost track but you don't pass up a wide open shot like that with not a defender around. Hit the open J

a guy who has played 30 thousand minutes should be able to "feel" or intuit how much time is left. this may be a case where another player's hysteria infected melo.

all I'm saying is that he needs to take and hit that shot, not put it on the floor.

and i'm saying he needs to put it on the floor when there's less than four minutes in the game. draw a foul and get to the line.

what? put it on the floor when you are wide open? And force it inside? C'mon man ... you are really trying to force this idea and it makes no sense. Melo should ever pass up a wide open shot ... ever!

mreinman

11/15/2015  2:41 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Hope Fisher realizes how much better Melo looks at the 4.

Biggest take away for me this game was the lineups with Melo at the 4. Melo at the 4, KP at 5 or Melo at 4, Seraphin at 5 - both looked great.

it worked against the lineup that NO was putting out there. Does not always make sense. That is also why Rolo could not match up today.

STRETCH FUKKING 4'S ARE NIGHTMARE MATCHUPS FOR NON STRETCH 4'S

So you mean you wouldn't play KOQ and KS together?

of course I would

IF I WAS PETE ROSE

yellowboy90

11/15/2015  2:42 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

29 pts
13 rebs
3 ast
1 stl
11-21FG
6-7FT

They were just talking about his volume them praising AD when the two of them were basically mirroring each other shooting wise. I actually believe they said Melo had 29 pts on 25 shots. lol. He only took 21.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/15/2015  2:43 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

29 pts
13 rebs
3 ast
1 stl
11-21FG
6-7FT

They were accusing him of overdribbling and forcing too many shots. He took a few bad shots, but most came extremely late in the clock when the offensive set netted nothing and the team passed to Melo to bail them out of a violation.

¿ △ ?
yellowboy90

11/15/2015  2:43 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
herkyJerky wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:melo should have put the ball on the floor there to draw a foul. that brick was a brain freeze

If I remember correctly there were only like 2 seconds left. A 24 second violation right there would've been a momentum killer for sure.

he rushed that shot when he actually had time to put it on the floor and draw a foul.

and there weren't 4 seconds left on the clock of that grant desperation pass there were 5 SECONDS LEFT.

maybe he rushed because he lost track but you don't pass up a wide open shot like that with not a defender around. Hit the open J

a guy who has played 30 thousand minutes should be able to "feel" or intuit how much time is left. this may be a case where another player's hysteria infected melo.

all I'm saying is that he needs to take and hit that shot, not put it on the floor.

and i'm saying he needs to put it on the floor when there's less than four minutes in the game. draw a foul and get to the line.

what? put it on the floor when you are wide open? And force it inside? C'mon man ... you are really trying to force this idea and it makes no sense. Melo should ever pass up a wide open shot ... ever!

I would have love Melo to do that and then miss a no call at the basket.

mreinman

11/15/2015  2:44 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

29 pts
13 rebs
3 ast
1 stl
11-21FG
6-7FT

They were accusing him of overdribbling and forcing too many shots. He took a few bad shots, but most came extremely late in the clock when the offensive set netted nothing and the team passed to Melo to bail them out of a violation.

melo has a rep around the league and its going to be hard to change.

crzymdups
USA
11/15/2015  2:45 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
herkyJerky wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I would have love Melo to do that and then miss a no call at the basket.

Yeah, Melo gets so many no calls at the rim, I don't mind him taking a wide open J if it is there.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/15/2015  2:45 PM
Knicks aren't even close to fully figuring out their offense and rotations! It's ugly right now but little by little they will figure it out. It isn't so easy as people think. Especially when they also have to worry about the defensive end of the floor. A few more made shots and this is an easy win. Fish did the right thing for the most part but some can't give him any credit.
yellowboy90

11/15/2015  2:46 PM
I will say that I like that Fisher did not keep Melo on the bench. The bad is that Melo had to play over 39 minutes. However, those 4th qtr minutes where probably some of the most easy minutes for Melo with the offense being run through KS.
mreinman

11/15/2015  2:46 PM
hahn and wally killing refs on KP fouls.

Agreed! League has to address quickly

crzymdups
USA
11/15/2015  2:47 PM
nixluva wrote:Knicks aren't even close to fully figuring out their offense and rotations! It's ugly right now but little by little they will figure it out. It isn't so easy as people think. Especially when they also have to worry about the defensive end of the floor. A few more made shots and this is an easy win. Fish did the right thing for the most part but some can't give him any credit.

I thought Fish had a good game today. Made good adjustments to put Melo at the 4 and KP or Seraphin at the 5 next to him.

Afflalo and Lopez were terrible today and Fish didn't try to force the issue with them.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
11/15/2015  2:48 PM
mreinman wrote:hahn and wally killing refs on KP fouls.

Yeah KP had at least two totally bogus fouls called against him. And if memory serves a few against Cleveland too.

¿ △ ?
mreinman

11/15/2015  2:50 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:Knicks aren't even close to fully figuring out their offense and rotations! It's ugly right now but little by little they will figure it out. It isn't so easy as people think. Especially when they also have to worry about the defensive end of the floor. A few more made shots and this is an easy win. Fish did the right thing for the most part but some can't give him any credit.

I thought Fish had a good game today. Made good adjustments to put Melo at the 4 and KP or Seraphin at the 5 next to him.

Afflalo and Lopez were terrible today and Fish didn't try to force the issue with them.

Lopez was far from terrible! it just was not a matchup. 5 rebs and 3 assists 1 steal and 2 blocks in 14 minutes?

yellowboy90

11/15/2015  2:51 PM
One play had me absolutely giddy and it was the KP move on Davis at the Ft line to get to the rim. That look so much like Melo's first step against defenders because they are worried about his shot. KP has so much potential it's crazy.
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/15/2015  2:51 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:hahn and wally killing refs on KP fouls.

Yeah KP had at least two totally bogus fouls called against him. And if memory serves a few against Cleveland too.

One really bad call..They haven't been calling the over the top in hi but that's an automatic foul in the NBA..
mreinman

11/15/2015  2:54 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:One play had me absolutely giddy and it was the KP move on Davis at the Ft line to get to the rim. That look so much like Melo's first step against defenders because they are worried about his shot. KP has so much potential it's crazy.

but can he start putting it all together already like yesterday?

yellowboy90

11/15/2015  2:57 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:One play had me absolutely giddy and it was the KP move on Davis at the Ft line to get to the rim. That look so much like Melo's first step against defenders because they are worried about his shot. KP has so much potential it's crazy.

KP's yesterday is our tomorrow.

mreinman

11/15/2015  3:01 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

KP's yesterday is our tomorrow.

I'm a little worried about your boy Ajinca

Nooner! Knicks v Pelicans

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy