Try top fill their holes and recover from that trade
View Results

Author Thread
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
7/16/2004  7:33 AM
IMO, they should try to trade kidd provided he's healthy, to get young playeers.

- Try san antonio, they may still want to get him for parker.
- Try dallas, for walker and fillers.
- Try the clippers, to get even more draft picks and why not a player like Q.

Then, surround jefferson asap with good and young players. Show him love to keep him as he's IMO most valuable than martin (at least jefferson greatly imporved each yr).

What's your take ?

At end, though i din't like the nets, it's sad to see them flushed like that. I'd have enjoyed to destroy them in the playoffs, for the revenge. what owners can do these days...
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/16/2004  8:29 AM
this is a knicks board. I am insulted by a Nets thread. I hate the Nets. Please get rid of this.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
raven
Canada
7/16/2004  9:09 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

this is a knicks board. I am insulted by a Nets thread. I hate the Nets. Please get rid of this.

comon sil, don't be childish. Come and play with your new friends !
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/16/2004  9:46 AM
Posted by raven:
Posted by Silverfuel:

comon sil, don't be childish. Come and play with your new friends !
Live in jersey among a bunch of bandwagon fans and then say u root for the Nets too.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/16/2004  10:07 AM
Trade Jason Kidd & Kerry Kittles to Dallas for Walker, Stackhouse (guess he can't be traded for a bit) and Josh Howard and a second round draft pick.

And, they might as well trade Jefferson while there at it, too.

Perhaps for cash considerations and a second round draft pick.

The Nets are obviously trying to find the cellar as soon as possible.

Yes, Martin might not be a max type player, but they got absolutely nothing back for him- they should have just let him sign an offer sheet and sweat for 15 days.

Ratner clearly is using his purchase of a sports team as a way of getting wealth re-allocated from the public sector to him in the form of a stadium deal.

Kidd should have taken the money last year from San Antonio
raven
Canada
7/16/2004  10:16 AM
Posted by franco12:

Kidd should have taken the money last year from San Antonio

so true. I guess he understood that as soon as eddie jordan left. It has been a tough season for them too.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
7/16/2004  12:51 PM
If I were the Nets, what I would do is facilitate a Carter trade to Dallas to get Walker, giving up Lucious Harris, Aaron Williams and Alonzo's conract. Then, I would offer Stromile Swift the full MLE, praying that Memphis doesn't match. They probably wont because after re-signing Gasol, they will be significantly over the cap. Sign John Barry to LLE. Lineup:

Swift/Collins/Kristic
Walker
Jefferson
Kittles/Barry
Kidd/Planicic

That, I think, would be very fortunate for Nets fans. That team has a small line-up equally capable of running the fast break with Jefferson and Swift as finishers. Its also a much better half-court offensive team if Walker is used extensively as a high post passer. I can see back-cuts all over the place. Defensively, they lose spunk without Martin but gain versatility if they add Swift. Although thin on the front line, that team might actually be better than this years.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
7/16/2004  8:28 PM
I think they should just rebould, they are moving anyways, so why bother taking on players that will not be there in Brooklyn.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/16/2004  9:04 PM
I think they should do them and let the Knicks do us.

Knicks are the best team in their division as of right now. Knicks are guranteed a playoff spot thanks to K-Mart going to the Denver.

Screw the Nets man.....let's just root for Isiah to make some wicked moves to move the Knicks closer toward getting what Detroit got this year.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/16/2004  9:21 PM
the nets need to stand up and take their whippin from the knicks this year, that is what they should do.... I say the nets get worse without martin and martin does not do as good either without kid.. this move didn't help either party and I am happy as all get out....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
what should the nets do ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy