Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

11/14/2015  12:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2015  12:16 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:This game seems like a microcosm of Knick games since Melo got here..We keep falling short in the end...Seems like the team freezes up in big moments and end up trying to get the ball to Melo with time running out..How many times can we watch this..Different players, same ending..

it's melo losing focus and lacking in mental toughness. with 8-10 minutes left in the game. he needs to set the standard for working the ball, keeping people involved. that's the ONLY way things will change.

Not sure if you saw the game..You saw Affalo running a couple of ISO late in the 4th..Play call for KP..A couple of possessions where they passed Melo the ball with time running out..I know you don't watch games outside of Melo..Start watching games..And why do you start treads to recaps games and u didn't see the entire game?

oh i saw the game alright. seen every game, participated in every game thread, kept my finger on the pulse and the flow and the momentum swings, written a postgame thread each and every time. i am doing this so that we all have an opportunity to look at the same game in real time and look at what one another has seen. that's the point isn't it?

you however are conspicuously absent each and every time. yet you have the ovaries to gratuitously lob your poo-poo with doggy-fvck comments like this one. i am beginning to think you're a chicken. you just don't have an eye for the game. sorry if the truth hurts..

Yet you start your post game observations saying you didn't see the first half or 4th quarter but you listened to the press conference...I have seen at least two threads like that..

Melo entered the game at the 8 min mark...Plays were called for Affalo over Delandova twice in crunch time, less the two minutes left..There was another play call for a lob to KP..Yet you only saw Melo going ISO in the 4th...What game are you watching???

u are citing one game in 10 where i missed the first quarter when kp was apparently red hot. maybe another quarter? even so, they have played 40 quarters and i have missed 2 out of those 40.. do the math.

i have said repeatedly leading up to the season that i look forward to seeing u in game threads so there'd be zero excuses.. yet u haven't participated in game threads so nobody knows how u interpret what is happening in real time.

i have also said that the main overarching story for this season is how much melo buys in and how mentally strong he can be to put together a complete game, something he rarely does. things are unfolding EXACTLY as i said they would: knicks wilt late in games and it's directly related to melo not maintaining self-discipline and focus, prioritizing teamwork and creating synergy. that's what valuable players do for their teams. melo needs to learn this or we will see more of the same.

the herring tweet quoting melo? ridiculous. that's melo making excuses for himself and herring passing it along like it's the truth. it isn't.

u have an opportunity to redeem urself- the knicks play the davis-less pelicans tomorrow at noon. see u then. until then... u're a coward, holfresh.

So you are saying you didn't see the two consecutive instances Melo was passed the ball with the shot clock running out and he had to jack up a shot immediately???..Stay out of the recap business and leave it to folks who watch the entire game and watch them objectively...

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/14/2015  12:15 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:This game seems like a microcosm of Knick games since Melo got here..We keep falling short in the end...Seems like the team freezes up in big moments and end up trying to get the ball to Melo with time running out..How many times can we watch this..Different players, same ending..

it's melo losing focus and lacking in mental toughness. with 8-10 minutes left in the game. he needs to set the standard for working the ball, keeping people involved. that's the ONLY way things will change.

Not sure if you saw the game..You saw Affalo running a couple of ISO late in the 4th..Play call for KP..A couple of possessions where they passed Melo the ball with time running out..I know you don't watch games outside of Melo..Start watching games..And why do you start treads to recaps games and u didn't see the entire game?

oh i saw the game alright. seen every game, participated in every game thread, kept my finger on the pulse and the flow and the momentum swings, written a postgame thread each and every time. i am doing this so that we all have an opportunity to look at the same game in real time and look at what one another has seen. that's the point isn't it?

you however are conspicuously absent each and every time. yet you have the ovaries to gratuitously lob your poo-poo with doggy-fvck comments like this one. i am beginning to think you're a chicken. you just don't have an eye for the game. sorry if the truth hurts..

Yet you start your post game observations saying you didn't see the first half or 4th quarter but you listened to the press conference...I have seen at least two threads like that..

Melo entered the game at the 8 min mark...Plays were called for Affalo over Delandova twice in crunch time, less the two minutes left..There was another play call for a lob to KP..Yet you only saw Melo going ISO in the 4th...What game are you watching???

u are citing one game in 10 where i missed the first quarter when kp was apparently red hot. maybe another quarter? even so, they have played 40 quarters and i have missed 2 out of those 40.. do the math.

i have said repeatedly leading up to the season that i look forward to seeing u in game threads so there'd be zero excuses.. yet u haven't participated in game threads so nobody knows how u interpret what is happening in real time.

i have also said that the main overarching story for this season is how much melo buys in and how mentally strong he can be to put together a complete game, something he rarely does. things are unfolding EXACTLY as i said they would: knicks wilt late in games and it's directly related to melo not maintaining self-discipline and focus, prioritizing teamwork and creating synergy. that's what valuable players do for their teams. melo needs to learn this or we will see more of the same.

the herring tweet quoting melo? ridiculous. that's melo making excuses for himself and herring passing it along like it's the truth. it isn't.

u have an opportunity to redeem urself- the knicks play the davis-less pelicans tomorrow at noon. see u then. until then... u're a coward, holfresh.

So you are saying you didn't see the two consecutive instances Melo was passed the ball with the shot clock running out and he had to jack up a shot immediately???..Stay out of the recap business and leave it to folks who watch the games objectively...

You would have to skip the post game show also because they talked a bit about it then.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/14/2015  1:07 PM
crzymdups wrote:
dk7th wrote:
no reason why melo and kp can't develop a late game two man game a la garnett and pierce. none at all.

Agreed. There have been flashes of it and it's looked promising - there were a few plays last night where Melo was doing his thing on the wing and it seemed like he might shoot, but KP flashed to the foul line area and Melo hit him for an easy 15ft jumper that was wide open.

Would love to see more of that later in games, but maybe the D tightens and it gets harder...

yes the d gets ratcheted up no question. but kp has a mismatch every fukkin time he touches the ball. melo and kp have shown they ENJOY playing with one another, maybe even FOR one another a la pierce and garnett. you have to work that aspect whenever the opportunity arises, at least as one alternative to actually to running a full offensive set. pierce and garnett did that to death under rivers and they were very very effective at it. i think the same can happen for melo and kp.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
USA
11/14/2015  4:43 PM
dk7th wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
dk7th wrote:
no reason why melo and kp can't develop a late game two man game a la garnett and pierce. none at all.

Agreed. There have been flashes of it and it's looked promising - there were a few plays last night where Melo was doing his thing on the wing and it seemed like he might shoot, but KP flashed to the foul line area and Melo hit him for an easy 15ft jumper that was wide open.

Would love to see more of that later in games, but maybe the D tightens and it gets harder...

yes the d gets ratcheted up no question. but kp has a mismatch every fukkin time he touches the ball. melo and kp have shown they ENJOY playing with one another, maybe even FOR one another a la pierce and garnett. you have to work that aspect whenever the opportunity arises, at least as one alternative to actually to running a full offensive set. pierce and garnett did that to death under rivers and they were very very effective at it. i think the same can happen for melo and kp.

That would be awesome.
CrushAlot
USA
11/14/2015  10:01 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Twice down the stretch of the Knicks’ loss to Cleveland on Friday, Carmelo Anthony was passed the ball with no more than four seconds left on the shot clock.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/assist-melo-derek-fisher-anthony-4th-article-1.2435344
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/14/2015  10:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Twice down the stretch of the Knicks’ loss to Cleveland on Friday, Carmelo Anthony was passed the ball with no more than four seconds left on the shot clock.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/assist-melo-derek-fisher-anthony-4th-article-1.2435344

is there a point here?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Friday night with Cavs! 7:30 start

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy