Member: #6148

11/13/2015  11:47 PM
Nice rotation Knicks game .. the ending made it a phoney game
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

11/14/2015  12:44 AM
This game seems like a microcosm of Knick games since Melo got here..We keep falling short in the end...Seems like the team freezes up in big moments and end up trying to get the ball to Melo with time running out..How many times can we watch this..Different players, same ending..
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/14/2015  1:04 AM
holfresh wrote:This game seems like a microcosm of Knick games since Melo got here..We keep falling short in the end...Seems like the team freezes up in big moments and end up trying to get the ball to Melo with time running out..How many times can we watch this..Different players, same ending..

it's melo losing focus and lacking in mental toughness. with 8-10 minutes left in the game. he needs to set the standard for working the ball, keeping people involved. that's the ONLY way things will change.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh

11/14/2015  2:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2015  2:12 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:This game seems like a microcosm of Knick games since Melo got here..We keep falling short in the end...Seems like the team freezes up in big moments and end up trying to get the ball to Melo with time running out..How many times can we watch this..Different players, same ending..

it's melo losing focus and lacking in mental toughness. with 8-10 minutes left in the game. he needs to set the standard for working the ball, keeping people involved. that's the ONLY way things will change.

Not sure if you saw the game..You saw Affalo running a couple of ISO late in the 4th..Play call for KP..A couple of possessions where they passed Melo the ball with time running out..I know you don't watch games outside of Melo..Start watching games..And why do you start treads to recaps games and u didn't see the entire game?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/14/2015  7:37 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Is fisher too stupid to not put KP back in

KP's ineffectiveness on defense put us in this spot

HUH?

Yea what the f are you talking about? KP is one of our best defenders

Maybe but he was terrible this game. He looked lost out there. He is a rookie so it comes with the territory.

I completely disagree.. He forced Cleveland into jump shooting ... It's not his fault the refs gave this game to Cleveland... Lebron mulled Melo before the travel call

Melo to the free throw line would have put us up 2 and completely changed the outcome of the game
Although it should have never even come to that... We should have won this by 7 to 10

That was a five point swing in favor if the cavs. I thought that call/no call decided the game.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/14/2015  8:09 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Is fisher too stupid to not put KP back in

KP's ineffectiveness on defense put us in this spot

HUH?

Yea what the f are you talking about? KP is one of our best defenders

Maybe but he was terrible this game. He looked lost out there. He is a rookie so it comes with the territory.

I completely disagree.. He forced Cleveland into jump shooting ... It's not his fault the refs gave this game to Cleveland... Lebron mulled Melo before the travel call

Melo to the free throw line would have put us up 2 and completely changed the outcome of the game
Although it should have never even come to that... We should have won this by 7 to 10

That was a five point swing in favor if the cavs. I thought that call/no call decided the game.
it was the right call. I wasnt happy obviously but sometimes you have to be fair and accept the rules even if it goes against the knicks
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/14/2015  8:49 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Killa4luv wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:We built up a big lead playing team ball why on earth do you all of a sudden go Isi Melo

How was it ISO Melo when the dude hardly touched the ball in the forth? Fisher needs to do a better coaching by asking the players to move ball. He went without Afflalo for too long down the stretch, because of we were missing an extra playmaker on the court to dump the ball since Carmelo was guarded by three defenders

I felt this was the major problem. AA is clearly going to be our 2nd or 3rd scorer depending on how KP plays. He looked good and was aggressive, but he is the only other player that can get his own shot off.

yeah, one thing - in tight late game situations - our guys are looking toward Melo a little too much. it's not always Melo playing selfishly - sometimes it's the other guys afraid to make mistakes.

That's a good quote. They seem to be getting through to Melo. Now they just have to change the mindset of his teammates. Too many years of relying on only Melo on the 4th. Tough habit to break but at least they get it now

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/14/2015  8:56 AM
If this keeps up and the losing continues Melo might ask for a trade
herkyJerky
Member: #6155
USA
11/14/2015  10:35 AM
Great news! Next weekend we get another back to back against the Thunder and the Rockettes!
If it ain't broke, don't break it. - Charles 'The REAL Sir Charles' Oakley.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/14/2015  10:43 AM
gunsnewing wrote:If this keeps up and the losing continues Melo might ask for a trade

Best case scenario for everyone involved.

Teamball instead of awful ISO Ball. Yoots will be forced to learn how to finish games the right way.

TPercy
Member: #5748

11/14/2015  10:55 AM
Refs are definitely not making it easier. How Lebron bear hugs melo and dosen't get called for it is beyond me.
The Future is Bright!
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/14/2015  11:00 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Killa4luv wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:We built up a big lead playing team ball why on earth do you all of a sudden go Isi Melo

How was it ISO Melo when the dude hardly touched the ball in the forth? Fisher needs to do a better coaching by asking the players to move ball. He went without Afflalo for too long down the stretch, because of we were missing an extra playmaker on the court to dump the ball since Carmelo was guarded by three defenders

I felt this was the major problem. AA is clearly going to be our 2nd or 3rd scorer depending on how KP plays. He looked good and was aggressive, but he is the only other player that can get his own shot off.

yeah, one thing - in tight late game situations - our guys are looking toward Melo a little too much. it's not always Melo playing selfishly - sometimes it's the other guys afraid to make mistakes.

That's a good quote. They seem to be getting through to Melo. Now they just have to change the mindset of his teammates. Too many years of relying on only Melo on the 4th. Tough habit to break but at least they get it now

Easier said than done.

Anthony can still be part of the solution at the end of games if he gets the ball in better positions to do damage.

You watch GS and you realize that almost every guy on that team, except perhaps anyone playing center, has a green light to take an open shot, and you can see how relaxed they are with this responsibility.

Aflalo seemed willing to take on the load during crunch time, but it is hard of some of the other guys, especially the rookies, to not defer to Anthony, and believe that he should take over during late game possessions.

Anthony doing his thing during the first half, and essentially doing it outside of the regular flow of the offense, helped at the time, but it sets an ISO tone for later in the game, I think. Aflalo will be ready at some point to be a go to guy in crunch time, Gallo is good if the team sets him up for a shot, KP will be that guy when his post game involves, and Grant will get his touches when he he is more confident, but right now many of the guys are going to look to Anthony when we have to get a basket...I just wish they could look to him when he is in better position to get the job done.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/14/2015  11:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2015  11:09 AM
Basically when Melo has his 20 point quarters, it's actually detrimental to the team.

Everybody gets lulled to sleep, and instead of attack mode, they go to defer mode.

It'd be infinitely better if Melo scored 5 points a quarter instead of bingeing then going ice cold in 4th quarters for ball movement and continuity.

dk7th
USA
11/14/2015  11:20 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Not sure if you saw the game..You saw Affalo running a couple of ISO late in the 4th..Play call for KP..A couple of possessions where they passed Melo the ball with time running out..I know you don't watch games outside of Melo..Start watching games..And why do you start treads to recaps games and u didn't see the entire game?

oh i saw the game alright. seen every game, participated in every game thread, kept my finger on the pulse and the flow and the momentum swings, written a postgame thread each and every time. i am doing this so that we all have an opportunity to look at the same game in real time and look at what one another has seen. that's the point isn't it?

you however are conspicuously absent each and every time. yet you have the ovaries to gratuitously lob your poo-poo with doggy-fvck comments like this one. i am beginning to think you're a chicken. you just don't have an eye for the game. sorry if the truth hurts..

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/14/2015  11:31 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Killa4luv wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

Easier said than done.

Anthony can still be part of the solution at the end of games if he gets the ball in better positions to do damage.

You watch GS and you realize that almost every guy on that team, except perhaps anyone playing center, has a green light to take an open shot, and you can see how relaxed they are with this responsibility.

Aflalo seemed willing to take on the load during crunch time, but it is hard of some of the other guys, especially the rookies, to not defer to Anthony, and believe that he should take over during late game possessions.

Anthony doing his thing during the first half, and essentially doing it outside of the regular flow of the offense, helped at the time, but it sets an ISO tone for later in the game, I think. Aflalo will be ready at some point to be a go to guy in crunch time, Gallo is good if the team sets him up for a shot, KP will be that guy when his post game involves, and Grant will get his touches when he he is more confident, but right now many of the guys are going to look to Anthony when we have to get a basket...I just wish they could look to him when he is in better position to get the job done.

Well said. I think putting Anthony in position to get the job done - getting him the ball in the right spots - is a full team thing and ultimately falls on Fisher to figure it out.

They have three guys in Afflalo, Melo and KP who can essentially score from anywhere on the floor. I'd like to see a little more two man game going on between Melo and Afflalo in late game situations or something, with KP and Galloway as kick out options, maybe... there are wrinkles they can add. Time to see if Fisher can add them.

¿ △ ?
holfresh

11/14/2015  11:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2015  11:38 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

oh i saw the game alright. seen every game, participated in every game thread, kept my finger on the pulse and the flow and the momentum swings, written a postgame thread each and every time. i am doing this so that we all have an opportunity to look at the same game in real time and look at what one another has seen. that's the point isn't it?

you however are conspicuously absent each and every time. yet you have the ovaries to gratuitously lob your poo-poo with doggy-fvck comments like this one. i am beginning to think you're a chicken. you just don't have an eye for the game. sorry if the truth hurts..

Yet you start your post game observations saying you didn't see the first half or 4th quarter but you listened to the press conference...I have seen at least two threads like that..

Melo entered the game at the 8 min mark...Plays were called for Affalo over Delandova twice in crunch time, less the two minutes left..There was another play call for a lob to KP..Yet you only saw Melo going ISO in the 4th...What game are you watching???

dk7th
USA
11/14/2015  11:46 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Killa4luv wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

Easier said than done.

i agree with most of this post but i also think that melo needs to assume a leadership role and find ways to keep a balance between taking shots when hot but as soon as the cool-down occurs to make sure he facilitates. if he can do it in the first half of games then he can do it in the second halves too, and especially with 8-9 minutes left in the game. it's a pattern that he can actually change if he has the mental toughness and will to do so.

dk7th
USA
11/14/2015  11:47 AM
crzymdups wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Killa4luv wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

Easier said than done.

Well said. I think putting Anthony in position to get the job done - getting him the ball in the right spots - is a full team thing and ultimately falls on Fisher to figure it out.

They have three guys in Afflalo, Melo and KP who can essentially score from anywhere on the floor. I'd like to see a little more two man game going on between Melo and Afflalo in late game situations or something, with KP and Galloway as kick out options, maybe... there are wrinkles they can add. Time to see if Fisher can add them.

no reason why melo and kp can't develop a late game two man game a la garnett and pierce. none at all.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/14/2015  11:50 AM
dk7th wrote:
no reason why melo and kp can't develop a late game two man game a la garnett and pierce. none at all.

Agreed. There have been flashes of it and it's looked promising - there were a few plays last night where Melo was doing his thing on the wing and it seemed like he might shoot, but KP flashed to the foul line area and Melo hit him for an easy 15ft jumper that was wide open.

Would love to see more of that later in games, but maybe the D tightens and it gets harder...

¿ △ ?
dk7th
USA
11/14/2015  12:08 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Yet you start your post game observations saying you didn't see the first half or 4th quarter but you listened to the press conference...I have seen at least two threads like that..

Melo entered the game at the 8 min mark...Plays were called for Affalo over Delandova twice in crunch time, less the two minutes left..There was another play call for a lob to KP..Yet you only saw Melo going ISO in the 4th...What game are you watching???

u are citing one game in 10 where i missed the first quarter when kp was apparently red hot. maybe another quarter? even so, they have played 40 quarters and i have missed 2 out of those 40.. do the math.

i have said repeatedly leading up to the season that i look forward to seeing u in game threads so there'd be zero excuses.. yet u haven't participated in game threads so nobody knows how u interpret what is happening in real time.

i have also said that the main overarching story for this season is how much melo buys in and how mentally strong he can be to put together a complete game, something he rarely does. things are unfolding EXACTLY as i said they would: knicks wilt late in games and it's directly related to melo not maintaining self-discipline and focus, prioritizing teamwork and creating synergy. that's what valuable players do for their teams. melo needs to learn this or we will see more of the same.

the herring tweet quoting melo? ridiculous. that's melo making excuses for himself and herring passing it along like it's the truth. it isn't.

u have an opportunity to redeem urself- the knicks play the davis-less pelicans tomorrow at noon. see u then. until then... u're a coward, holfresh.

Friday night with Cavs! 7:30 start

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy