[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Friday night with Cavs! 7:30 start
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

11/13/2015  10:34 PM
Clean wrote:You know what would be a nice play to have. Have Melo postup and then set a back screen for KP to flash to the FT line for an open shot. When they overload on Melo it will leave other open. Lets try to use that to our advantage instead of just having him do it alone.

Aflalo has to be used too if we use Melo as a kind of decoy.

We also missed KP a number of times bringing the ball up when he seemed to have open space to the basket.

Maybe he needs to wear an orange headband so they can see him better.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
Malcolm
Member: #6131

11/13/2015  10:36 PM
not sure what you are expecting.

run the triangle. always. first play of game, last play of game. live or die with it.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/13/2015  10:40 PM
Late game execution wasn't very good. I don't know who to blame for this and the lack of adjustment not good at all. KP is a rookie and it shows at the most inopportune time only way around it is to play more. I still think Fisher is in over his head he just doesn't know how to make in game adjustments.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/13/2015  10:41 PM
Malcolm wrote:
not sure what you are expecting.

run the triangle. always. first play of game, last play of game. live or die with it.

Where is the rest of what I posted? Triple?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
11/13/2015  10:47 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Lance's pass to KP was low in Charlotte, too. IF he had made a good pass there, KP could've gotten off that shot in time. Anyway. Whatever. Not sure how the hell Lance has Fisher's trust so much, but it is annoying.

Its sickening how a professional basketball player who the coach trust enough to put him in the game with a lead to close it out TWICE fails miserably with something as simple as a pass.

I'd suspend him and have him throw 30,000 inbound passes tomorrow in practice

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/13/2015  10:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Lance's pass to KP was low in Charlotte, too. IF he had made a good pass there, KP could've gotten off that shot in time. Anyway. Whatever. Not sure how the hell Lance has Fisher's trust so much, but it is annoying.

Its sickening how a professional basketball player who the coach trust enough to put him in the game with a lead to close it out TWICE fails miserably with something as simple as a pass.

it wasnt a perfect pass. In fact he threw it on the wrong side of the hoop
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/13/2015  10:52 PM
PURE KNICKS LOVE
WaltLongmire

11/13/2015  10:53 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

it wasnt a perfect pass. In fact he threw it on the wrong side of the hoop

Did it actually hit the rim on a fly?

Rim almost blocks KP from handling it easily.

So it goes...

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
USA
11/13/2015  10:54 PM
That Lou block Wally just showed was amazing. Thought it was great during the game but it was better than i thought.
CrushAlot
USA
11/13/2015  10:56 PM
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/13/2015  10:59 PM
The thing to take from all of this is that these losses will be learning experiences for this team. It's not like they've been thru all of this as a group before. Every game situation is new for this group. Not to mention this schedule has been chock full of quality teams! The coach and players have to keep working on this.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/13/2015  11:02 PM
Killa4luv wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:We built up a big lead playing team ball why on earth do you all of a sudden go Isi Melo

How was it ISO Melo when the dude hardly touched the ball in the forth? Fisher needs to do a better coaching by asking the players to move ball. He went without Afflalo for too long down the stretch, because of we were missing an extra playmaker on the court to dump the ball since Carmelo was guarded by three defenders

I felt this was the major problem. AA is clearly going to be our 2nd or 3rd scorer depending on how KP plays. He looked good and was aggressive, but he is the only other player that can get his own shot off.

yeah, one thing - in tight late game situations - our guys are looking toward Melo a little too much. it's not always Melo playing selfishly - sometimes it's the other guys afraid to make mistakes.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
11/13/2015  11:04 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Killa4luv wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:We built up a big lead playing team ball why on earth do you all of a sudden go Isi Melo

How was it ISO Melo when the dude hardly touched the ball in the forth? Fisher needs to do a better coaching by asking the players to move ball. He went without Afflalo for too long down the stretch, because of we were missing an extra playmaker on the court to dump the ball since Carmelo was guarded by three defenders

I felt this was the major problem. AA is clearly going to be our 2nd or 3rd scorer depending on how KP plays. He looked good and was aggressive, but he is the only other player that can get his own shot off.

yeah, one thing - in tight late game situations - our guys are looking toward Melo a little too much. it's not always Melo playing selfishly - sometimes it's the other guys afraid to make mistakes.

Agree.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/13/2015  11:07 PM
Knicks are handicapped with no creative player...and no Grant is not the answers yet.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/13/2015  11:10 PM
Andrew wrote:Knicks are handicapped with no creative player...and no Grant is not the answers yet.

You can see flashes of KP knowing what he SHOULD do, but not being confident enough to do it yet. There was a moment in the late 4th where KP had the ball against Love at the top of the key and Love was playing about 6 feet off him. You could see KP think about shooting it then... to my mind he should have... possession ended up with Melo having to take a turn around 3 as the shot clock expired.

But, yeah, there's no creativity at the guard positions. I was hoping Afflalo would provide more, but he has not shown to be much of a playmaker yet. Jose doesn't really seem like a playmaker ever. Agree Grant isn't there yet. He really needs to work on his mid-range shot this year and over the summer. Guys are slipping under screens on pick and rolls with him and he has wide open shots, but he can't keep the D honest.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
11/13/2015  11:13 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Andrew wrote:Knicks are handicapped with no creative player...and no Grant is not the answers yet.

You can see flashes of KP knowing what he SHOULD do, but not being confident enough to do it yet. There was a moment in the late 4th where KP had the ball against Love at the top of the key and Love was playing about 6 feet off him. You could see KP think about shooting it then... to my mind he should have... possession ended up with Melo having to take a turn around 3 as the shot clock expired.

But, yeah, there's no creativity at the guard positions. I was hoping Afflalo would provide more, but he has not shown to be much of a playmaker yet. Jose doesn't really seem like a playmaker ever. Agree Grant isn't there yet. He really needs to work on his mid-range shot this year and over the summer. Guys are slipping under screens on pick and rolls with him and he has wide open shots, but he can't keep the D honest.

Once ten day contracts start I think the Knicks will bring in a back court player. It will be interesting if it is Trice.
WaltLongmire

11/13/2015  11:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Once ten day contracts start I think the Knicks will bring in a back court player. It will be interesting if it is Trice.

Do you think Westchester is an audition run for him?
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/13/2015  11:33 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Killa4luv wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

this is so true, guys get the ball and force it to melo even when he doesn't want it..Is lance thomas the best in bound passer on the team..Fisher just putting guys in a position to fail

ES
CrushAlot
USA
11/13/2015  11:34 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Do you think Westchester is an audition run for him?
I really don't know. I am not quite as interested in the d league now that the Knicks have a real roster. I only saw highlights from last nights game but he looked good. I think the Knicks saw Ndour as the 15th man. I also thought Bachynski looked good. He wasn't playing a lot of minutes for some reason last season. I will try to follow them more.
WaltLongmire

11/13/2015  11:39 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Grant and KP are the type of players who seem concerned with not doing things which they think might hurt their team...perhaps too much so. You see them passing up shots on a frequent basis.

Rookie hesitation...will change at some point.

Friday night with Cavs! 7:30 start

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy