[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

6 year old white child killed by 2 African American cops
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/9/2015  7:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2015  7:03 PM
Dad had hands up and cops just opened fired into car killing boy.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/black-cop-shoots-and-kills-6-year-old-white-boy-with-autism

Where is the media hoopla?

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/9/2015  7:34 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Dad had hands up and cops just opened fired into car killing boy.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/black-cop-shoots-and-kills-6-year-old-white-boy-with-autism

Where is the media hoopla?

so first we gotta get the known facts straight. These were 2 cops who were working side jobs as city marshals - I have no idea what that means - who pursued father for some weird reason and lots of shots were fired by the cops and son was killed. Cops have been arrested and charged with second-degree murder and attempted second-degree murder.

Lots of unknowns etc, possibly 2 other cops involved. I have seen this story in plenty of places.

Why do you think this story deserves more hoopla?

A bad thing happened, those responsible for that bad thing have been arrested and charged. What else needs to or should happen?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/9/2015  7:41 PM
By the way, it's clear you engaged a race story line. Child, white; cops, black.

The story-line is 2 idiots accidentally kill a kid pursuing someone they probably shouldn't.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
11/10/2015  9:53 AM
martin wrote:By the way, it's clear you engaged a race story line. Child, white; cops, black.

The story-line is 2 idiots accidentally kill a kid pursuing someone they probably shouldn't.

No it's just that one man who tried to force his way into a police cruiser and grabbing his gun right after ripping a convenience store off seems to have gotten a lot more response than a kid sitting in the back reading his book while his head was blown off.

RIP Crushalot😞
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

11/10/2015  11:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/10/2015  12:06 PM
What a terrible, tragic story. Glad the cops were arrested. I feel for that child's family.

Why didn't you just link to the "liberal media" story that blog post is based on, versus this downtrend site, which sure doesn't seem to love black folks too much obviously has a particular bias.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/louisiana-police-shooting-video-arrests-norris-greenhouse-jr-derrick-stafford/

The Michael Brown "hoopla" started from the unrest of people in Ferguson at that case in their community, and then broke national. Think what you will of Brown, the protestors, or the media hoopla. But are people protesting in Marsville LA about this?

I'll have you know that personally as a filthy N-word liberal, I took a wait-and-see approach to the Ferguson case. However when the Eric Garner case happened here in my home city, that is the case I personally felt a connection with, and I joined a protest or two because of that particular case.

Maybe the difference is that this Louisiana case has these two cops arrested for murder and attempted murder with no bail because of evidence from a body camera worn by a third cop. Would that cop have had a body camera on if the Ferguson hoopla hadn't happened? Is there no protest or hoopla because the justice system seems to be on top of this?

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
11/10/2015  12:30 PM
There is a long list of black folks killed at the hands of police who pulled their trigger too quickly and without justification. If only the cops that killed 12 year old Tamir Rice were handled with the same swift justice as these two cops there would be a lot less to protest.
Bring back dee-fense
BRIGGS
11/10/2015  1:52 PM
DrAlphaeus wrote:What a terrible, tragic story. Glad the cops were arrested. I feel for that child's family.

Why didn't you just link to the "liberal media" story that blog post is based on, versus this downtrend site, which sure doesn't seem to love black folks too much obviously has a particular bias.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/louisiana-police-shooting-video-arrests-norris-greenhouse-jr-derrick-stafford/

The Michael Brown "hoopla" started from the unrest of people in Ferguson at that case in their community, and then broke national. Think what you will of Brown, the protestors, or the media hoopla. But are people protesting in Marsville LA about this?

I'll have you know that personally as a filthy N-word liberal, I took a wait-and-see approach to the Ferguson case. However when the Eric Garner case happened here in my home city, that is the case I personally felt a connection with, and I joined a protest or two because of that particular case.

Maybe the difference is that this Louisiana case has these two cops arrested for murder and attempted murder with no bail because of evidence from a body camera worn by a third cop. Would that cop have had a body camera on if the Ferguson hoopla hadn't happened? Is there no protest or hoopla because the justice system seems to be on top of this?

Im down on police in general. The incident in Ferguson to me if it was reported accurately is one of I have mixed emotions about. M Brown was NOT a good guy. He just roughed up a convenience store owner just minutes prior to this incident--and in fairness I cant say what I would do if someone was trying to get my gun I guess with the intentions to try and kill me. We dont know what psychological process might take over there but I felt the whole incident was provoked by Brown and if Brown had not done the things he did--he would be alive. Some other incidences--namely the one where the officer got behind the fella and choked him down--that was insane. I felt horrible for that man and it just showed the unbelievable leeway cops feel they have when interacted with society. Ive posted before on this issue and the subject of the post really is African Americans are NOT alone when talking about abuses by police. I do NOT think police randomly discriminate as much as its portrayed but rather they are equal opportunity abusers. You should here hoopla in this case--because that kids life MATTERED but we wont here much about it ever again. Im starting to feel that ALL police need to wear bodycams at all times and they should be held accountable immediately if the camera is disengaged/distorted etc.. Im sick of hearing only a few bad apples because I dont think that is the case.

RIP Crushalot😞
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

11/10/2015  3:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:What a terrible, tragic story. Glad the cops were arrested. I feel for that child's family.

Im down on police in general. The incident in Ferguson to me if it was reported accurately is one of I have mixed emotions about. M Brown was NOT a good guy. He just roughed up a convenience store owner just minutes prior to this incident--and in fairness I cant say what I would do if someone was trying to get my gun I guess with the intentions to try and kill me. We dont know what psychological process might take over there but I felt the whole incident was provoked by Brown and if Brown had not done the things he did--he would be alive. Some other incidences--namely the one where the officer got behind the fella and choked him down--that was insane. I felt horrible for that man and it just showed the unbelievable leeway cops feel they have when interacted with society. Ive posted before on this issue and the subject of the post really is African Americans are NOT alone when talking about abuses by police. I do NOT think police randomly discriminate as much as its portrayed but rather they are equal opportunity abusers. You should here hoopla in this case--because that kids life MATTERED but we wont here much about it ever again. Im starting to feel that ALL police need to wear bodycams at all times and they should be held accountable immediately if the camera is disengaged/distorted etc.. Im sick of hearing only a few bad apples because I dont think that is the case.

I hear you BRIGGS, I think we are largely in agreement. Figuring out what the media chooses to focus on at the expense of other worthy stories drives me crazy as well. I've always found the "if it bleeds, it leads" approach to local newscasts maddening. Why don't these newscasts devote 2 minutes to an "around the world" news wrap up? I don't even speak Spanish but just watching Spanish language local newscasts I feel like I know more of what's going on in our hemisphere in 30 min than I'd get in 2 weeks of English local newscasts. So they can tell me instead what the current web meme is, or do some synergistic coverage of How to Get Away With Murder or the upcoming Star Wars movie?

And the 24-hour news networks are a mess, too. I'm especially not impressed with CNN, wow has it fallen. I agree that the problems with police and citizens aren't simply a race issue, poor white folks catch hell as well, and if this story deserves more attention but is being excluded because it doesn't fit into a lazy race-based newscast narrative, then I hear what you are saying. It would be interesting to see if activists on this issue include Jeremy Mardis in the list of names who died too soon because of terrible policing.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
herkyJerky
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6155
USA
11/20/2015  10:42 AM
Yeah, this was a very sad story. I still don't know what started the chain of events that ended up with the shooting, but it's always tragic to see a kid lose his or her life. I don't know anything about the father, but I am definitely willing to bet that kid didn't do anything to deserve what happened to him.

On one hand, I think we haven't seen more hoopla over this because of the fact that the cops were indeed arrested, and as far as I know it didn't take very long for that to happen. There's also the fact that 'the media' is a tool, not a service. As someone who has studied how media works, I can tell you there is no doubt that there is no such thing as 'Liberal biased media'. It's a myth, like the unicorn. You can put a horn on the head of a pony, but it does not make it a unicorn. The main purpose behind 'mainstream media' in this country, and probably most if not all of other industrialized countries, is to confuse the hell out of people, further dumb down people who may not have gotten the best education, scare the hell out of people, further divide people and make divisions where there may not have been divisions before. You know what to expect from networks like Fox News, because they're very open about it. The dangerous networks are the ones who pretend to be something they not-so-clearly are not, like MSNBC. To put it simply, they don't ever want to really make things better. They usually want to make matters worse, or at the very least more complicated by confusing you or over-simplifying the situation. There's a reason why they're mainstream.

So, circling back to the non-hoopla of this particular story: They want to feed the paranoia that 'brown people are taking over this country'. Plain and simple. HOW they're doing it is not so simple.

If it ain't broke, don't break it. - Charles 'The REAL Sir Charles' Oakley.
6 year old white child killed by 2 African American cops

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy