[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: Wiz on Halloween
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/31/2015  9:37 PM
Didn't realize it but Melo pointed out that the Knicks defeated two really good teams on their home openers.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/31/2015  9:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
herkyJerky wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
herkyJerky wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:This should be our starting 5 until Aflalo gets back..

with sasha and thomas?

Yeah..They played with poise to close out Washington...KP and Grant isn't ready yet..

Both KP and Grant looked a little shook up tonight from the get-go. Not really sure why. They looked confident enough during the previous 2 games.

Did not see Porzingis being "shook up," Not sure what game you were watching...honestly.

Grant is too deferential on offense...has to take the shot when it is there.

I said from the get-go. He looked a little shook. He wouldn't impose his will towards the basket, he took off too early for a dunk and had to adjust with bad results, got knocked to the floor by a much smaller guy. That's what I saw. A little shook up. Not criticizing the guy, so relax. Just calling it like I saw it. It happens. He's a rookie. No biggie.

I'm very relaxed , but making some poor decisions is not "shook up" for me. Perhaps "indecisive" would have been a better word, even though I don't think it was applicable for the most part.

He does have to be more assertive going to the basket...would agree with that, but I thought he was more nervous shooting at the Garden, the other night. Team also needs to look for him early so he can establish a rhythm with some midrange Js. One or two shots went in and out, I think, too.

Wizards seemed to go small- Humphries did nothing against Porzingis. I was surprised when they took him out, but Fisher seemed to know what he was doing tonight based on the results. I actually wanted KP in instead of Lopez, to be honest, but things worked out fine.

Lopez' value of managing the defense is underrated. And that huge block at the end!

Lopez will never look great but he does so many things that are not obvious. He needs to shoot much better though

I love Lopez. The guy is a wall when he sets a pick. I don't like his hook much but he is so focused on defense. Not sure how Tyson got dpoy that year but Lopez is much better in my opinion. Also, not worried that Lopez is going to lead through the media or try to get his coach fired.

exactly how I feel.

He is so much better for this team then Monroe. Monroe looked good on paper against us but his defense was a disaster.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/31/2015  9:39 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Kemet wrote:Yes! Yes! Knicks WIN!
Galloway 3 game performance showed great consistency
Gallo gets my vote for starter over Afflalo .. im saying it now

its not even close

I love Gallo but I would like to see Afflalo for a few games. Not ready to make decisions based on three games. I have always liked Afflalo. Love Galloway. Glad they are both Knicks. Balanced lineups. Whatever gets the wins.

I am not a big afflalo fan and he def looks like he is on the decline. Also, we should really keep his mins low.

Galloways defensive intensity is off the charts. We really need that out of the gate.

I think that the jose experiment should be over after tonight and at list fisher benched him and did not bring him back.

I thought he looked good in his preseason game despite not having played or practiced with the guys he was with. He is a pro. I think you let things evolve. If Langston out plays him he will get the minutes. I think Langston might end up with more minutes at the point if Jose continues to struggle.

Yeah...have to give Aflalo his minutes when healthy and see what he can do.

I'm more worried about him coming back too early and re-injuring the hammy. I always get worried when a hamstring injury is the issue, and actually lost my best athlete for the season because he tore his hamstring.

Have to trust Fisher to play the guys who need to be playing at certain times...and we know that he appreciates Gallo's game, so he is going to get his minutes.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
mreinman

10/31/2015  9:39 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Didn't realize it but Melo pointed out that the Knicks defeated two really good teams on their home openers.

yes. prolly not going to play anymore of those.

we should really play all of our games on the road. Our rookies looked shook at home

mreinman

10/31/2015  9:41 PM
rolo really has the crazy eyes.
herkyJerky
Member: #6155
USA
10/31/2015  9:42 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Didn't realize it but Melo pointed out that the Knicks defeated two really good teams on their home openers.

we should really play all of our games on the road. Our rookies looked shook at home

Shook? Maybe they were just making rookie plays? Hahaaaa.

If it ain't broke, don't break it. - Charles 'The REAL Sir Charles' Oakley.
mreinman

10/31/2015  9:44 PM
herkyJerky wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Ok4 looked shook last night, they should bench the fat kid.

CrushAlot
USA
10/31/2015  9:44 PM
mreinman wrote:

Yeah but they will get over that. I think it was more that it was a second game of a back to back with the team traveling and also maybe too much euphoria over the Bucks win. Also, the Hawks needed that game and they are a really good team.
I thought when the playoffs started last year the Wiz were the second best team in the east. This was a huge win. I can't begin to express how excited I am about this team.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

10/31/2015  9:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2015  9:47 PM
Wow, I really have to giive Lance Thomas some credit. His defense chasing Beal late in the game was special. On top of that he is dropping buckets. Who is this guy. lol
mreinman

10/31/2015  9:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Yeah but they will get over that. I think it was more that it was a second game of a back to back with the team traveling and also maybe too much euphoria over the Bucks win. Also, the Hawks needed that game and they are a really good team.
I thought when the playoffs started last year the Wiz were the second best team in the east. This was a huge win. I can't begin to express how excited I am about this team.

me too. very excited.

so far, phil looks like a genius. I maybe the only one here that is still not sold on dwil but he hit home runs on everyone else.

WaltLongmire

10/31/2015  9:47 PM
herkyJerky wrote:I like how Wall was flexing after he blocked Gallo's shot that one time, but Gallo ended up outplaying him down the stretch in clutch time. Sweet stuff.

Yeah, he did not seem to be as assertive at the end of the game...seemed like Beal was doing more.

Gallo is tough, and you can see the kind of competitor he is in certain big moments.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
mreinman

10/31/2015  9:47 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Wow, I really have to iive Lance Thomas some credit. His defense chasing Beal late in the game was special. On top of that he is dropping buckets. Who is this guy. lol

crazy! insane!

everyone killed phil for bringing him back.

Just wait until Louie gets back.

mreinman

10/31/2015  9:49 PM
dudley played great defense on the melo shot. Just a really great shot.
herkyJerky
USA
10/31/2015  9:51 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
herkyJerky wrote:I like how Wall was flexing after he blocked Gallo's shot that one time, but Gallo ended up outplaying him down the stretch in clutch time. Sweet stuff.

Yeah, he did not seem to be as assertive at the end of the game...seemed like Beal was doing more.

Gallo is tough, and you can see the kind of competitor he is in certain big moments.

Yeah, he's definitely got ice in his veins.

WaltLongmire

10/31/2015  9:52 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Wow, I really have to giive Lance Thomas some credit. His defense chasing Beal late in the game was special. On top of that he is dropping buckets. Who is this guy. lol

Fisher seems to have a lot of confidence in him.

Maybe he needed the real games to get focused. His pre-season performance was dreadful.

mreinman

10/31/2015  9:53 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Wow, I really have to giive Lance Thomas some credit. His defense chasing Beal late in the game was special. On top of that he is dropping buckets. Who is this guy. lol

Fisher seems to have a lot of confidence in him.

Maybe he needed the real games to get focused. His pre-season performance was dreadful.

it was but that is why we need to assume that coaches see other things in practice that we are not privy to.

Jose must be freakin killing it in practice

CrushAlot
USA
10/31/2015  9:56 PM
mreinman wrote:
herkyJerky wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Ok4 looked shook last night, they should bench the fat kid.

I keep trying to catch Philly games but either I miss them or the Sixers are so far behind that the outcome is decided. I have read a few things written by sixers fans that make it sound like Noel is more of a center and that the tandem of Noel/Okafor isn't working. I think Okafor is a tremendous talent. But I am not sure that the Sixers are going anywhere anytime soon. I think they got something for Tokoto(it might only help their d league affiliate) but they had to waive several of their second round picks at the end of training camp. I don't know if other gms care for Hinkie but the Sixers made their cuts at the very last minute and no trades were made for the guys they waived.
herkyJerky
USA
10/31/2015  9:56 PM
So now that we're all gassed up about this win... any predictions for the game against the Spurs?
mreinman

10/31/2015  9:57 PM
herkyJerky wrote:So now that we're all gassed up about this win... any predictions for the game against the Spurs?

loss

holfresh
Member: #1081

10/31/2015  10:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2015  10:03 PM
LT played well..Defending multiple positions..Impressed..Played with poise..
Gamethread: Wiz on Halloween

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy