Home Opener: Knicks vs Hawks - The Harder They Come, The Hardaway fall #Grant
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/29/2015  11:23 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Can not play Jose against quick guards. Melo played horribly and so did everyone else minus gallo and Lopez. I am on the fence with O'Quinn but am leaning towards bad because he had several terrible plays at key moments.

This team needs Afflalo's offense and body to keep Thomas and Vujacic off the floor.

koq played ok but had some awful plays early. He gets offensive rebounds and just freezes.

Grant played well. 7 points and 7 assists. A couple of bad turnovers and out of control drives but he is a rookie. Only took 4 shots and does not really force the issue. 7 points and 3 turnovers is a very good ratio. KP did not play badly and is learning. He is fearless and does not force shots.

Lopez played great and I love gallo.

Everyone else can go fuk themselves.

KOQ played very well and grant for the most part was just so so to poor. Im a huge Grant fan and am sure he will be good but tonight he really didn't have it. Atlanta has great speed and plays good defense.

he was not the problem. He was 2-4 from the field and actually a +6. 7 rebs and 7 assists were really good on a night when the team played awful. turnovers are part of the learning process of a rookie.

Not sure what people expect out of him this early. For his second game, he was phenomenal but for the expectations that we put on him, ...

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
10/29/2015  11:25 PM
I think this mainly just a good team playing on national TV trying to prove they still need to be talked about. Hawks played quite well, fantastic defense.

Remember, two days ago Chuck was saying the Hawks would miss the playoffs. They came in with something to prove and had the extra nights rest over the Knicks.

Knicks on the second night of a back to back were at a disadvantage. I actually feel heartened that they competed, sloppy, but they played hard. Previous years this would have been a blowout loss and Reggie would've been mocking Knicks fans. Reggie came away impressed with several of the players.

It was a loss, there are plenty of things to correct, including Jose's starting role. But it wasn't terrible. Galloway and Grant showed they belong. KP did, too. DWill showed some nerves. Kyle O'Quinn was up and down. Robin Lopez played very well. Some positives, some negatives.

Again, the Knicks were on the second night of a back to back, which is traditionally a recipe for defeat. Some of y'all need to chill a little.

¿ △ ?
mreinman

10/29/2015  11:26 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:Assuming we lose by about the 15 we've trailed by for most of the second half, are there any positives from this game? I only ask because I can't think of any.

The real difference is Teague specifically and Schroder as well. They have superior speed and savvy at PG. It makes it tough to deal with. All the transition baskets they got because of Teague. Still the Knicks can and will play better than this offensively.

The Atlanta guards are quick and can all make shots

I feel like Grant can become a Teague type someday.

not likely but that would be really nice

Teague wasn't always at this level. It's a process for most guards to learn how to use their talent at this level. Grant isn't the blur Teague is but he's got a lot of ability yet to be fully realized. It should be interesting to watch him develop.

I like grant but very few players turn into jeff teague. That is crazy expectations. Can it happen? Anything can happen but its not likely.

I actually see more of a comparison with Mike Conley.

I see more charlie ward but a bit better.

Charlie Ward??????

I liked Charlie, but come on.

Name one time Charlie drove through traffic for a layup... ever. He was a defensive pitbull and could feed the post. He could hit the occasional three. He was like Derek Fisher lite, honestly.

ok ... closer to charlie ward than to Teague or Conely.

I would rather be rational and be pleasantly surprised then be silly and expect a star out of a guy who has proven nothing (yet).

what most people don't take into account is that most of the guards who come out and even look early end up mediocre at best.

mreinman

10/29/2015  11:27 PM
crzymdups wrote:I think this mainly just a good team playing on national TV trying to prove they still need to be talked about. Hawks played quite well, fantastic defense.

Remember, two days ago Chuck was saying the Hawks would miss the playoffs. They came in with something to prove and had the extra nights rest over the Knicks.

Knicks on the second night of a back to back were at a disadvantage. I actually feel heartened that they competed, sloppy, but they played hard. Previous years this would have been a blowout loss and Reggie would've been mocking Knicks fans. Reggie came away impressed with several of the players.

It was a loss, there are plenty of things to correct, including Jose's starting role. But it wasn't terrible. Galloway and Grant showed they belong. KP did, too. DWill showed some nerves. Kyle O'Quinn was up and down. Robin Lopez played very well. Some positives, some negatives.

Again, the Knicks were on the second night of a back to back, which is traditionally a recipe for defeat. Some of y'all need to chill a little.

you are ok with melo chucking 27 shots and barely passing the ball?

crzymdups
USA
10/29/2015  11:30 PM
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:Assuming we lose by about the 15 we've trailed by for most of the second half, are there any positives from this game? I only ask because I can't think of any.

The real difference is Teague specifically and Schroder as well. They have superior speed and savvy at PG. It makes it tough to deal with. All the transition baskets they got because of Teague. Still the Knicks can and will play better than this offensively.

Teague wasn't always at this level. It's a process for most guards to learn how to use their talent at this level. Grant isn't the blur Teague is but he's got a lot of ability yet to be fully realized. It should be interesting to watch him develop.

I like grant but very few players turn into jeff teague. That is crazy expectations. Can it happen? Anything can happen but its not likely.

Charlie Ward??????

Name one time Charlie drove through traffic for a layup... ever. He was a defensive pitbull and could feed the post. He could hit the occasional three. He was like Derek Fisher lite, honestly.

I would rather be rational and be pleasantly surprised then be silly and expect a star out of a guy who has proven nothing (yet).

what most people don't take into account is that most of the guards who come out and even look early end up mediocre at best.

i think most people take that into account. I'm not saying he's going to have Teague's career - but his game reminds me of Teague.

I'm not talking stat line, I'm talking the way they play.

Comparing his style of play to Charlie Ward makes zero sense.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
10/29/2015  11:31 PM
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I think this mainly just a good team playing on national TV trying to prove they still need to be talked about. Hawks played quite well, fantastic defense.

you are ok with melo chucking 27 shots and barely passing the ball?

did I say I was? I'm not a big fan of melo and have never claimed otherwise.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/30/2015  12:28 AM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Charlie Ward??????

i think most people take that into account. I'm not saying he's going to have Teague's career - but his game reminds me of Teague.

I'm not talking stat line, I'm talking the way they play.

Comparing his style of play to Charlie Ward makes zero sense.

I like what I've seen so far. Jerian hasn't even scratched the surface of his full potential yet. The same goes for the other young guys. They have to go thru the process and gain experience and gain a comfort level at the NBA level.

Kemet
Member: #6148

10/30/2015  1:16 AM
How did the Pistons beat the Hawks .. by grabbing offensive-rebounds over a small-ball Hawks team.
Fisher put Calderon vs Teague .. big mistake
Fisher lineup changes help the Hawks Hordford & Milsap control the game for the win.
Fisher put HALLOWEEN lineups on the court vs Hawks
D.Will had 18 minutes
Lopez had 21 minutes
O'Quinn had 22 minutes
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/30/2015  11:54 AM
No dancer pics on the 1st page. This is the true reason we got beat on this game.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/30/2015  7:55 PM
NYKBocker wrote:No dancer pics on the 1st page. This is the true reason we got beat on this game.
Remember the game threads that Chaos used to start. Epic
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Home Opener: Knicks vs Hawks - The Harder They Come, The Hardaway fall #Grant

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy