[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Home Opener: Knicks vs Hawks - The Harder They Come, The Hardaway fall #Grant
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

10/29/2015  10:45 PM
Can not play Jose against quick guards. Melo played horribly and so did everyone else minus gallo and Lopez. I am on the fence with O'Quinn but am leaning towards bad because he had several terrible plays at key moments.

This team needs Afflalo's offense and body to keep Thomas and Vujacic off the floor.

AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/29/2015  10:46 PM
crzymdups wrote:This game would be a lot closer if the Knicks hadn't shat the bed so badly from three. 6-28. Yeesh.

Hawks had an extra day rest and wanted to come back from an embarrassing loss in their own home opener.

Not a great game for the Knicks, but not a disaster. Felt like a learning experience.

Galloway and Grant played more minutes than Sasha and Jose... but I feel they should be starting. Jose might need to be put out to pasture.

Hate having to play a back to back when the opposition has had a day off.

Our 3pt shooting, which was terrible, might have been due to some tired legs.

I give Calderon 3 more games to straighten out his game. If he can't hit his Js, he is basically useless at this stage in his career.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/29/2015  10:49 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:This game would be a lot closer if the Knicks hadn't shat the bed so badly from three. 6-28. Yeesh.

Hawks had an extra day rest and wanted to come back from an embarrassing loss in their own home opener.

Not a great game for the Knicks, but not a disaster. Felt like a learning experience.

Galloway and Grant played more minutes than Sasha and Jose... but I feel they should be starting. Jose might need to be put out to pasture.

Hate having to play a back to back when the opposition has had a day off.

Our 3pt shooting, which was terrible, might have been due to some tired legs.

I give Calderon 3 more games to straighten out his game. If he can't hit his Js, he is basically useless at this stage in his career.

Agree with both posts.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/29/2015  10:49 PM
Fish will be forced to play Galo, Grant, Melo, KP, Lopez starting line up and he already played this lineup today in the forth for big stretch.
Calderon ans Sasha are not starters any more in NBA. too slow for any opponent.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/29/2015  10:50 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Can not play Jose against quick guards. Melo played horribly and so did everyone else minus gallo and Lopez. I am on the fence with O'Quinn but am leaning towards bad because he had several terrible plays at key moments.

This team needs Afflalo's offense and body to keep Thomas and Vujacic off the floor.

koq played ok but had some awful plays early. He gets offensive rebounds and just freezes.

Grant played well. 7 points and 7 assists. A couple of bad turnovers and out of control drives but he is a rookie. Only took 4 shots and does not really force the issue. 7 points and 3 turnovers is a very good ratio. KP did not play badly and is learning. He is fearless and does not force shots.

Lopez played great and I love gallo.

Everyone else can go fuk themselves.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/29/2015  10:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2015  10:53 PM
Well, we still dont have Afflalo, and Calderon is having the same effect on the starters as 10mg of valium. He did a good job of getting the ball to Lopez in the paint, but so many liabilities. Porzingis showed more of his game, that spin move was sick. Despite what Reggie said, I did see KP do a better job of using his length to alter shots, force the Hawks into taking tough shots.

Williams hit a rough patch but he got out of it by taking it to the rim, that's important. O'Quinn looks ugly out there at times but he is getting the job done for the most part.

We've seen surprisingly little of Grant and Porzingis on the floor at the same time going back to the preseason. Id like to see what they can do when they work together, the sooner the better.

We really dont know how much the Knicks are going to be able to count on Afflalo this season. Wouldnt mind Phil going after a combo guard. We've seen what the deal is without Afflalo. Unfortunately it would probably take a draft pick to move Calderon.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/29/2015  10:54 PM
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:Assuming we lose by about the 15 we've trailed by for most of the second half, are there any positives from this game? I only ask because I can't think of any.

The real difference is Teague specifically and Schroder as well. They have superior speed and savvy at PG. It makes it tough to deal with. All the transition baskets they got because of Teague. Still the Knicks can and will play better than this offensively.

The Atlanta guards are quick and can all make shots

I feel like Grant can become a Teague type someday.

not likely but that would be really nice

Teague wasn't always at this level. It's a process for most guards to learn how to use their talent at this level. Grant isn't the blur Teague is but he's got a lot of ability yet to be fully realized. It should be interesting to watch him develop.

mreinman

10/29/2015  10:55 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Well, we still dont have Afflalo, and Calderon is having the same effect on the starters as 10mg of valium. He did a good job of getting the ball to Lopez in the paint, but so many liabilities. Porzingis showed more of his game, that spin move was sick. Despite what Reggie said, I did see KP do a better job of using his length to alter shots, force the Hawks into taking tough shots.

Williams hit a rough patch but he got out of it by taking it to the rim, that's important. O'Quinn looks ugly out there at times but he is getting the job done for the most part.

We've seen surprisingly little of Grant and Porzingis on the floor at the same time going back to the preseason. Id like to see what they can do when they work together, the sooner the better.

We really dont know how much the Knicks are going to be able to count on Afflalo this season. Wouldnt mind Phil going after a combo guard. We've seen what the deal is without Afflalo. Unfortunately it would probably take a draft pick to move Calderon.

well said.

people are relying on afflalo as our savior but I don't have confidence in him and him staying healthy.

mreinman

10/29/2015  10:56 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:Assuming we lose by about the 15 we've trailed by for most of the second half, are there any positives from this game? I only ask because I can't think of any.

The real difference is Teague specifically and Schroder as well. They have superior speed and savvy at PG. It makes it tough to deal with. All the transition baskets they got because of Teague. Still the Knicks can and will play better than this offensively.

Teague wasn't always at this level. It's a process for most guards to learn how to use their talent at this level. Grant isn't the blur Teague is but he's got a lot of ability yet to be fully realized. It should be interesting to watch him develop.

I like grant but very few players turn into jeff teague. That is crazy expectations. Can it happen? Anything can happen but its not likely.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/29/2015  11:01 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I like grant but very few players turn into jeff teague. That is crazy expectations. Can it happen? Anything can happen but its not likely.

I actually see more of a comparison with Mike Conley.

mreinman

10/29/2015  11:03 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I see more charlie ward but a bit better.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/29/2015  11:06 PM
arkrud wrote:Fish will be forced to play Galo, Grant, Melo, KP, Lopez starting line up and he already played this lineup today in the forth for big stretch.

I actually think Sasha can play the starting 2 because he is our only guard that runs off of screens to make a shot which is a key component of today's NBA

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
mreinman

10/29/2015  11:08 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
arkrud wrote:Fish will be forced to play Galo, Grant, Melo, KP, Lopez starting line up and he already played this lineup today in the forth for big stretch.

I actually think Sasha can play the starting 2 because he is our only guard that runs off of screens to make a shot which is a key component of today's NBA

he is an auto chucker and if he is off he is off-ful

Caseloads
Member: #41
10/29/2015  11:15 PM
mreinman wrote:why did melo take 7 fukking 3's?

27 shots and 2 assists ... utterly disgusting and selfish basketball. Looked like a real leader out there.

but ... but ... he score 25 points!

so true

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/29/2015  11:17 PM
mreinman wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

So he can have an off night once in a while. Who would you rather start at the 2 until affalo comes back

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
TPercy
Member: #5748

mreinman wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself. The guy is either on point, and looks like a solid end of the rotation guy or looks like a below average d leaguer.

The Future is Bright!
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Can not play Jose against quick guards. Melo played horribly and so did everyone else minus gallo and Lopez. I am on the fence with O'Quinn but am leaning towards bad because he had several terrible plays at key moments.

koq played ok but had some awful plays early. He gets offensive rebounds and just freezes.

Grant played well. 7 points and 7 assists. A couple of bad turnovers and out of control drives but he is a rookie. Only took 4 shots and does not really force the issue. 7 points and 3 turnovers is a very good ratio. KP did not play badly and is learning. He is fearless and does not force shots.

Lopez played great and I love gallo.

Everyone else can go fuk themselves.

KOQ played very well and grant for the most part was just so so to poor. Im a huge Grant fan and am sure he will be good but tonight he really didn't have it. Atlanta has great speed and plays good defense.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
TPercy
Member: #5748

10/29/2015  11:18 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

So he can have an off night once in a while. Who would you rather start at the 2 until affalo comes back

How about Galloway who is a MUCH MUCH better defender than Sasha and will eventually prove to be a much much better shooter than Sasha.
The Future is Bright!
mreinman

10/29/2015  11:21 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

galloway. not close.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/29/2015  11:21 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I see more charlie ward but a bit better.

Charlie Ward??????

I liked Charlie, but come on.

Name one time Charlie drove through traffic for a layup... ever. He was a defensive pitbull and could feed the post. He could hit the occasional three. He was like Derek Fisher lite, honestly.

¿ △ ?
Home Opener: Knicks vs Hawks - The Harder They Come, The Hardaway fall #Grant

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy