[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

New Season, New Day, New Players, New Synergy for your New....York....Knicks!!! KNICKS @ BUCKS Official Game Thread 8 pm ET
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

10/28/2015  11:06 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:lets not forget that this was a comeback

Small point IMO! This team is gonna get a boost from the bench and most nights the starters should be better than they looked at the start of this game.

That boils down to Jose our starters would have a faster start with grant or Galloway in the starting 5

God I love that bench though!

AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/28/2015  11:19 PM
if I close my eyes, melo's voice really sounds like denzel

good post game interview ... no "fuk" anthing.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

10/28/2015  11:22 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:KO'Qy had 10 rebs in 12 minutes. That's crazy. He almost had a double double.

and I can't believe that with as slow as he is he plays such sold defense.

and, his passing is so underrated

KOQ was in one of my rebuild plans. I wanted him but never thought the knicks had a chance. Thank you Jason Smith aka baby Bargs. I wanted (Danny) Green,(Tobias) Harris, and (Kyle)O'Quinn to return home to make the "Black Irish" trio. I got one of the 3.

why did you know so much about orlando?

I live in FLA. Why do you think I know so much about the Gators. lol. So I get all the Orlando games, previews, and pre/post games stuff. I recently found out that Tobias and Channing Frye are 1st cousins so I doubt he was leaving if NY wanted him especially given he was restricted.

I basically envisioned Tobias doing what Derrick is doing and Danny being Danny.

mreinman

10/28/2015  11:23 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:KO'Qy had 10 rebs in 12 minutes. That's crazy. He almost had a double double.

KOQ was in one of my rebuild plans. I wanted him but never thought the knicks had a chance. Thank you Jason Smith aka baby Bargs. I wanted (Danny) Green,(Tobias) Harris, and (Kyle)O'Quinn to return home to make the "Black Irish" trio. I got one of the 3.

I live in FLA. Why do you think I know so much about the Gators. lol. So I get all the Orlando games, previews, and pre/post games stuff. I recently found out that Tobias and Channing Frye are 1st cousins so I doubt he was leaving if NY wanted him especially given he was restricted.

I basically envisioned Tobias doing what Derrick is doing and Danny being Danny.

why spend the money on tobias to do what dwil is doing? way too expensive.

mreinman

10/28/2015  11:29 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Lot of good ball movement a lot of people chipping in. Good D To score 122 and shoot only 45% is impressive.

one day you will move to the non stupid stats.

They shot 39 pct from three and had a TS > 56%. Thats excellent. 45%??? c'mon ... enough of that primitive stuff.

yellowboy90

10/28/2015  11:31 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Who thought DWill would do this? Also, Tobias is younger and his contract is not that expensive going forward.

Remember if Williams does have a career year he will likely get similar money as the cap explodes. A contract like Lopez is like 8m per going forward. Hopefully Williams gets his big contract at the end of the year because that could mean the knicks would have done something special.

mreinman

10/28/2015  11:34 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Who thought DWill would do this? Also, Tobias is younger and his contract is not that expensive going forward.

Remember if Williams does have a career year he will likely get similar money as the cap explodes. A contract like Lopez is like 8m per going forward. Hopefully Williams gets his big contract at the end of the year because that could mean the knicks would have done something special.

true ... would have been nice to get a team option.

I have not seen tobias play that often but when I did, he just did not stand out, and his advanced stats, you know ...

yellowboy90

10/28/2015  11:44 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

true ... would have been nice to get a team option.

I have not seen tobias play that often but when I did, he just did not stand out, and his advanced stats, you know ...

I understand the trepidation but sometimes you take a gamble and have to project. Now it is much easier to do that with a 4m player than a 16m player but I had faith based on Tobias youth. Oh well.

So far Derrick is doing all the things anyone could have ever wanted. If he starts playing awesome defense I will not know what to do.
Also, If the knicks and Williams have a good year their will be ways to create cap space for him and another big time FA who will want to join in on the fun.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/29/2015  12:21 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Nixluva did!

mreinman

10/29/2015  12:23 AM
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Nixluva did!

you thought that all the players would.

yellowboy90

10/29/2015  12:52 AM
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Nixluva did!

touche'. A broke clock is right twice a day.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/29/2015  1:06 AM
i had multiple orgasms watching this game. they all did such a great job.
Gallo's growth to me was highlighted by the last few seconds of the game where KOQ passed the ball to him on the open court and instead of laying the ball up ahead of everyone else, like a true teammate, he passed the ball to the trailing Early so he could get a basket.

New Synergy for your New York Knicks!!!
This is a real TEAM fellas. We are going to surprise a lot of people in the East with our post defense AND our hustle plays.
Most improvising done today by DWill and gulp..Lance Thomas...changing shots in mid-air!!

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/29/2015  1:23 AM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Nixluva did!

you thought that all the players would.

No! I was very specific about how I thought DWill could be successful here. You remember all the videos and diagrams that people complained about 😁 If what I said was generic Rah Rah stuff then I would accept the idea I just got lucky and say positive stuff all the time.

It was the same with Shved last year. I was very specific about his game and how it would fit a role in this offense. At some point people will give me some credit for my in depth posting and stop falling back on the cliche "broken clock" theory. A lot of stuff I write isn't wrong. I write about more than season predictions which is mostly what people sing me for but they ignore all the other stuff I write about. I haven't even been wrong on all of my season predictions either but when a franchise loses as much as this one people tend to assume the worst.

I just hope DWill has a breakout season and the Knicks make the playoffs. That's enough for me.

herkyJerky
Member: #6155
USA
10/29/2015  1:23 AM
TeamBall wrote:Not even Kenny Albert's commentary can ruin this for me.

What's wrong with Kenny Albert? He kicks Boring Breen's ass all day every day. Pssshhhhh.

If it ain't broke, don't break it. - Charles 'The REAL Sir Charles' Oakley.
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
10/29/2015  7:38 AM
Well, I'm back. I get the feeling this teams gonna ruin my zleep cycle thus year. In a good way!!! Loved our interior D.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/29/2015  9:46 AM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Every time we play Orlando Tobias has no positive impact of the game whatesoever. Maybe he just struggles faces his home team. Some about his game I never liked.

If I had to guess its because there isn't one thing he does well. Score, defend, rebound, shooting efficiency, FT shooting, post play, speed etc. He doesn't excel at any one of those key aspects.

He will either be a career starter on the ****tiest teams in the league or a bench player on a good team that might be able to harness one of his skills into a positive.

Has he every had a stretch like Williams had in the 2nd half last year?

herkyJerky
Member: #6155
USA
10/29/2015  9:46 AM
I don't know why some people are so surprised about Gallo. I thought he clearly showed signs of being a solid player several times last year. It's hard to be good consistently when you're surrounded by a bad team.
If it ain't broke, don't break it. - Charles 'The REAL Sir Charles' Oakley.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/29/2015  10:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2015  10:39 AM
herkyJerky wrote:I don't know why some people are so surprised about Gallo. I thought he clearly showed signs of being a solid player several times last year. It's hard to be good consistently when you're surrounded by a bad team.

That is true but he definitely worked hard to tight up his game in the off season. Partially his shooting. It was evident last year that he was a savy young veteran and the kind of player Phil covets. Love him as a combo guard off the bench. Combo guard has a negative connotation but he is more Jason Terry than a young Jamal Crawford. We just have to insert Grant in the starting lineup soon for his defensive tenacity and leadership. Our Bench will continue to be stellar with DW, Big O & Galloway if we can find a legitmate2nd string PG who is more of a distributor/defender

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/29/2015  12:25 PM
firefly wrote:Well, I'm back. I get the feeling this teams gonna ruin my zleep cycle thus year. In a good way!!! Loved our interior D.

So we in the "colonies" lose sleep if the Knicks suck...you lose it if they are good.

Interesting.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
New Season, New Day, New Players, New Synergy for your New....York....Knicks!!! KNICKS @ BUCKS Official Game Thread 8 pm ET

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy