[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ben carson--does anyone actually listen to him?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/26/2015  12:22 PM
He's somewhat psychopathic. I think out of all of the candidates that Ive take the time to listen to--hes the worst to be honest.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

10/26/2015  4:40 PM
He belongs in, and should stay in, a hospital.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
H1AND1
Member: #5648

10/26/2015  5:23 PM
My favorite sound byte of his was when some reporter asked what he would do in preparation for a major hurricane and he said after a moment of thought "I have no idea". His aid or whoever it was standing next to him grimaced visibly.
BRIGGS
10/26/2015  11:02 PM
H1AND1 wrote:My favorite sound byte of his was when some reporter asked what he would do in preparation for a major hurricane and he said after a moment of thought "I have no idea". His aid or whoever it was standing next to him grimaced visibly.

Listen--I understand that some people dont like Trump but he has shown tenacity and fight that NO other candidate has come close to. I would fully agree that he is a narcissistic opportunistic person who has other obvious character flaw. When I look past that--I think he wants to do right by the United States. I think he wants to do what he says and he has proven ability to run a very big company and work on a global stage. Its obvious by his kids that he has manged his family very well--all of those kids are intelligent well-spoken and obvious assets to that company. I like the way Trump has kind of turned the negativity around. He is light years ahead of Ben Carson to me who has very little in terms of views to the point that its almost ludicrous that he is not only running but in a clear high 2nd place position. It's scary that people vote purely on the aspect of religion and that is what Carson is getting--religious votes and anti Trump votes. If Trump came out and was a tad lighter on the insults--like what he is acting like now--this would all be over. Im actual scared of Ben Carson--this is how bad people view the US from within that he is 2nd.

RIP Crushalot😞
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/27/2015  1:11 PM
Apparently, according to some polls, lots of people are listening to Carson.
What I've heard of Carson sure beats the living sheehit out of "have Mexico build walls" and "I care about making America the best because..."

It's incredible that people are willing to look past narcissism, opportunisim, obvious character flaws, bankruptcies, failed marriages, but will see him as light years ahead of Carson because the Donald's "tenacious" and his kids turned out well. Oh yeah, and he's taller and holds the podium with both hands. Great, that's all one needs as a background to run the country.

What we're seeing with Trump is the results of a country filled with reality TV-watching knuckleheads who think money is the key to all things and bombastic snarkiness is a fine substitute for actual intelligence. If you don't know what to do, just put on a good show and say anything.

JesseDark
Member: #467
10/27/2015  1:36 PM
Neither one qualifies to be president in my opinion. I would never vote for either one. Trump is too bombastic and bigoted and Carson seems to be dumb as a rock, outside of brain surgery.
Bring back dee-fense
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/27/2015  2:33 PM
I don't see a viable Republican candidate and put Hillary's odds at being the next president around 90% and growing.

When you put Reality TV show people and other spinsters who are mostly out to promote their own brand (i.e. not really run for political office as the #1 priority), this is what you get. Trump, Carson, Fiorina, Jindal, Huckabee, Graham, Santorum, Paul all fall under that category. They won't last and they never intended to, just play to the base to raise awareness, money, and whatever they can get, maybe Fox hosting gigs after. The other candidates are just so inept or have to play to the base to compete against the former group that they are falling fast and have so many holes in their policy that they will be un-electable. This is what happens when you try to ride the wave of the Tea Party. Republicans just lucky they got local and state wrapped up nicely, this will take some time to undo.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
JesseDark
10/27/2015  2:39 PM
martin wrote:I don't see a viable Republican candidate and put Hillary's odds at being the next president around 90% and growing.

When you put Reality TV show people and other spinsters who are mostly out to promote their own brand (i.e. not really run for political office as the #1 priority), this is what you get. Trump, Carson, Fiorina, Jindal, Huckabee, Graham, Santorum, Paul all fall under that category. They won't last and they never intended to, just play to the base to raise awareness, money, and whatever they can get, maybe Fox hosting gigs after. The other candidates are just so inept or have to play to the base to compete against the former group that they are falling fast and have so many holes in their policy that they will be un-electable. This is what happens when you try to ride the wave of the Tea Party. Republicans just lucky they got local and state wrapped up nicely, this will take some time to undo.

I agree. I hear that Carson is taking off campaigning for a month to do a book tour. How serious does that sound? At the state level it seems as though gerrymandered districts keep republicans in control. When republican policies fail they still remain in control in some states. See Kansas.

Bring back dee-fense
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/27/2015  3:53 PM
JesseDark wrote:
martin wrote:I don't see a viable Republican candidate and put Hillary's odds at being the next president around 90% and growing.

I agree. I hear that Carson is taking off campaigning for a month to do a book tour. How serious does that sound? At the state level it seems as though gerrymandered districts keep republicans in control. When republican policies fail they still remain in control in some states. See Kansas.

I don't quite understand state and local politics to get a feel for why guys like Brown in Kansas or Jindal in Louisiana got reelected when it was clear that their policies were devastating their own continuations. Does it take years of Arnold to get a Governor in CA who finally moves the state in the right direction? How is Vitter a viable candidate in any world? What are these people thinking or what is going on that voters can't tell the difference?

Politics in Texas must be so entrenched that they offer up idiots like Cruz, Louis Gohmert, Lamar Smith. I don't know how women or minorities could consciously vote for others in the same stream of thinking. Or is it that there are no other viable candidates?

USA is definitely crumbling. When we collectively waste time with Debt Ceiling and Govt Shutdown cliffhangers or have so many freakin hearings on Benghazi or Planned Parenthood, world not be good.

Hey, here's relatively free money for Medicaid expansion for your state... Collective NOOOO from red states who need it most. Excellent idea.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/27/2015  5:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2015  5:13 PM
martin wrote:
JesseDark wrote:

I don't quite understand state and local politics to get a feel for why guys like Brown in Kansas or Jindal in Louisiana got reelected when it was clear that their policies were devastating their own continuations. Does it take years of Arnold to get a Governor in CA who finally moves the state in the right direction? How is Vitter a viable candidate in any world? What are these people thinking or what is going on that voters can't tell the difference?

Politics in Texas must be so entrenched that they offer up idiots like Cruz, Louis Gohmert, Lamar Smith. I don't know how women or minorities could consciously vote for others in the same stream of thinking. Or is it that there are no other viable candidates?

USA is definitely crumbling. When we collectively waste time with Debt Ceiling and Govt Shutdown cliffhangers or have so many freakin hearings on Benghazi or Planned Parenthood, world not be good.

Hey, here's relatively free money for Medicaid expansion for your state... Collective NOOOO from red states who need it most. Excellent idea.

Red states are just a spattering of extremely small rural communities that are geographically, culturally and intellectually isolated from the rest of the world. As a result, it becomes very easy to control the narratives that are introduced and maintained there, turning it into a virtual echo chamber. Compound that with the fact that most people are sheep and it becomes very easy to get these morons to consistently vote against their own interest. All you really need is some jackass that can pander to elements of the group identity (as a Fundamental Christian, WASP, who is anti-logic, possesses an affinity for country music, presumes that America can do no wrong because Jesus wrote the Constitution with a hatred for anyone who doesn't fit said billing) and you get yourself a vote.

Have you not noticed that non-establishment Republican all sound exactly the same (i.e. something off of Fox News)? Same rhetoric, same tone and even the same cadence. They are people that tend to easily be programmed because they lack (or never had the opportunity to develop) the mental faculties to be critical thinkers. And I don't think there is any fixing that after a certain age.

BRIGGS
10/27/2015  5:44 PM
jrodmc wrote:Apparently, according to some polls, lots of people are listening to Carson.
What I've heard of Carson sure beats the living sheehit out of "have Mexico build walls" and "I care about making America the best because..."

It's incredible that people are willing to look past narcissism, opportunisim, obvious character flaws, bankruptcies, failed marriages, but will see him as light years ahead of Carson because the Donald's "tenacious" and his kids turned out well. Oh yeah, and he's taller and holds the podium with both hands. Great, that's all one needs as a background to run the country.

What we're seeing with Trump is the results of a country filled with reality TV-watching knuckleheads who think money is the key to all things and bombastic snarkiness is a fine substitute for actual intelligence. If you don't know what to do, just put on a good show and say anything.

I think anyone who has actually listened to Carson would be scared of him. Even his MD colleagues came out with a negative piece about what he is doing. He's getting anti establishment anti Trump and pro evangelical votyes. Other than that--people who are voting him--have no clue what his views are--because he has none. What are his views and policies Jim--let me in on it?

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire

10/27/2015  10:16 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Apparently, according to some polls, lots of people are listening to Carson.

I think anyone who has actually listened to Carson would be scared of him. Even his MD colleagues came out with a negative piece about what he is doing. He's getting anti establishment anti Trump and pro evangelical votyes. Other than that--people who are voting him--have no clue what his views are--because he has none. What are his views and policies Jim--let me in on it?

Sad day for the Republican party when these two clowns are on top...the goon and the loon. Insult to the party of Lincoln.

Good for Democrats, though- neither of these guys will look good to folks in a general election.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/28/2015  8:18 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
martin wrote:
JesseDark wrote:

Red states are just a spattering of extremely small rural communities that are geographically, culturally and intellectually isolated from the rest of the world. As a result, it becomes very easy to control the narratives that are introduced and maintained there, turning it into a virtual echo chamber. Compound that with the fact that most people are sheep and it becomes very easy to get these morons to consistently vote against their own interest. All you really need is some jackass that can pander to elements of the group identity (as a Fundamental Christian, WASP, who is anti-logic, possesses an affinity for country music, presumes that America can do no wrong because Jesus wrote the Constitution with a hatred for anyone who doesn't fit said billing) and you get yourself a vote.

Have you not noticed that non-establishment Republican all sound exactly the same (i.e. something off of Fox News)? Same rhetoric, same tone and even the same cadence. They are people that tend to easily be programmed because they lack (or never had the opportunity to develop) the mental faculties to be critical thinkers. And I don't think there is any fixing that after a certain age.

Did Mommy drag you to Sunday school every week kicking and screaming? Seriously, Carson has the same rhetoric and same tone and cadence as all other non-establishment Republicans? Did neurosurgery suddenly become a lower level class of intelligence, ala country music, anti-logic and Jesus-loving?

Are all logical, highly developed, critical thinking antitheistic Democrats bitter? Have you ever noticed how depressingly similiar all liberals sound?

WaltLongmire

10/28/2015  12:17 PM
talkingpointsmemo.com
Obama's Former Chief Of Staff: The GOP's Huge Mess All Goes Back To Palin
BySara JerdePublishedOctober 26, 2015, 5:42 PM EDT 38674 views

Uow5885buw3sqdwfbp3i

President Obama's former chief of staff Bill Daley wrote in a Washington Post op-ed Sunday that the hot mess in the current GOP all goes back to the 2008 nomination of Sarah Palin for vice president.

Daley wrote that the selection of Palin set a "new standard" for the Republican Party, one that has rippled to the current presidential race, which features billionaire Donald Trump and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson as frontrunners.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-gops-dysfunction-all-started-with-sarah-palin/2015/10/25/bdd34892-7442-11e5-8248-98e0f5a2e830_story.html
He wrote:

Once (Sen. John) McCain put Palin on the ticket, Republican “grown-ups,” who presumably knew better, had to bite their tongues. But after the election, when they were free to speak their minds, they either remained quiet or abetted the dumbing-down of the party. They stood by as Donald Trump and others noisily pushed claims that Obama was born in Kenya. And they gladly rode the tea party tiger to sweeping victories in 2010 and 2014.

Now that tiger is devouring the GOP establishment. Party elders had hoped new presidential debate rules would give them greater control. But they are watching helplessly as Trump leads the pack and House Republicans engage in fratricide.

It’s hard to feel much sympathy. The Republican establishment’s 2008 embrace of Palin set an irresponsibly low bar. Coincidence or not, a batch of nonsense-spewing, hard-right candidates quickly followed, often to disastrous effect.

Daley pointed to other examples of the mess the GOP has found itself in, including choosing then-Rep. Todd Akin (R-MO) as the party's nominee to challenge Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO). Akin's hopes of victory were dashed when he said a woman's body will reject pregnancies caused by "legitimate rape."

Daley also torched the failed campaigns of Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) for President and Christine O’Donnell for U.S. Senate in Delaware.

Now Republicans ask Americans to give them full control of the government, adding the presidency to their House and Senate majorities. This comes as Trump and Carson consistently top the GOP polls. Republican leaders brought this on themselves. Trump calls Palin “a special person” he’d like in his Cabinet. That seems only fair, because he’s thriving in the same cynical value system that puts opportunistic soundbites above seriousness, preparedness and intellectual heft.

WaltLongmire

10/28/2015  12:25 PM
addictinginfo.org
Top 10 Quotes That Prove Neurosurgeon Ben Carson Doesn’t Have The Brain To Be President
Stephen D Foster Jr

Dr. Ben Carson is now a Republican candidate for the presidency. With that, comes the media scrutiny that includes reviewing his past remarks and making him answer for them. As a neurosurgeon, Carson is no doubt brilliant. But his various statements during his foray into the world of politics demonstrate that he doesn’t have the brain necessary to run the country as president.

1. “There comes a time when people with values simply have to stand up. Think about Nazi Germany. Most of those people did not believe in what Hitler was doing. But did they speak up? Did they stand up for what they believe in? They did not, and you saw what happened.”
~Ben Carson, comparing Democrats to Nazis, January 2014.

2. “I mean, [America is] very much like Nazi Germany. And I know you’re not supposed to say ‘Nazi Germany,’ but I don’t care about political correctness. You know, you had a government using its tools to intimidate the population. We now live in a society where people are afraid to say what they actually believe.”
~Ben Carson, telling Breitbart News how America is like Nazi Germany because of liberals, March 2014.

3. “ObamaCare is the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery. In a way, it is slavery, because it is making all of us subservient to the government.”
~Ben Carson, comparing healthcare to slavery during the Values Voter Summit, October 2013.

4. “Because 9/11 is an isolated incident. Things that are isolated issues as opposed to things that fundamentally change the United Sates of America and shift power from the people to the government. That is a huge shift. You have to take a long-term look at something that fundamentally changes the power structure of America.”
~Ben Carson, claiming ObamaCare is worse than the 9/11 terrorist attacks that killed 3,000 Americans, June 2014.

5. “I think what’s happening with the veterans is a gift from God to show us what happens when you take layers and layers of bureaucracy and place them between the patients and the health care provider. And if we can’t get it right, with the relatively small number of veterans, how in the world are you going to do it with the entire population?”
~Ben Carson, thanking God for dead soldiers in an attack on ObamaCare amid the Veteran’s Affairs military healthcare scandal in which veterans died waiting for medical care, Memorial Day Weekend 2014.

6. “My thoughts are that marriage is between a man and a woman. It’s a well-established, fundamental pillar of society, and no group — be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality — it doesn’t matter what they are — they don’t get to change the definition.”
~Ben Carson, comparing same-sex marriage to bestiality and pedophilia, April 2013.

7. “Certainly there’s the potential because you have to recognize that we have a rapidly increasing national debt, a very unstable financial foundation, and you have all these things going on like the ISIS crisis that could very rapidly change things that are going on in our nation. And unless we begin to deal with these things in a comprehensive way and in a logical way there is no telling what could happen in just a couple of years.”
~Ben Carson, telling Fox News that President Obama might declare martial law and cancel the 2016 Election so he can continue being president, September 2014.

8. “I think most people when they finish that course, they’d be ready to go sign up for ISIS.”
~Ben Carson, claiming the AP History curriculum will cause students who learn about civil disobedience in this country to join a violent terrorist group, September 2014.

9. “Anyone caught involved in voter fraud should be immediately deported and have his citizenship revoked.”
~Ben Carson, advocating for stripping non-citizens of their no-existant American citizenship if they are caught voting, November 2014. NOTE: quote was later removed from Carson’s WND column.

10. “So if there were a container of contaminated urine, and somehow it managed to find its way to someplace a lot of damage could be done. Someone comes up to a lab worker. He knows he’s got the urine. ‘How would you like to have a million dollars?’ … Such things have been known to happen.”
~Ben Carson, fearmongering over Ebola by saying it could be used a biological weapon even though infectious disease experts disagree, August 2014.

If I needed brain surgery, Dr. Ben Carson is the guy I would want performing the operation because his experience in the field of neurosurgery is nearly unmatched. But I would not want him as President of the United States. The fact is, he has zero experience in government. At least President Obama had prior governing experience prior to winning his first term in office. He served as a state senator in Illinois for seven years and as a United States senator for three years, yet conservatives constantly gripe that Obama didn’t have enough experience to be president. By supporting Carson’s candidacy, conservatives would be committing hypocrisy.

Carson has no idea what it means to govern, and his consistent extremist rhetoric should disqualify him from ever being considered for a job as demanding and stressful as Commander-in-Chief. You can’t bring up the Nazi card to describe political opponents, compare gay people to pedophiles, thank God for dead soldiers, and fearmonger about a virus in an effort to cause panic in the nation and think that makes you perfectly qualified to lead and unite the whole population of the United States. Ben Carson is a fine neurosurgeon, but he would be a disastrous chief executive. These were just ten of his political quotes. Just imagine how many more we’ll be able to add to the list as Carson campaigns over the next two years.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/28/2015  6:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2015  6:02 PM
jrodmc wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
martin wrote:
JesseDark wrote:

Did Mommy drag you to Sunday school every week kicking and screaming? Seriously, Carson has the same rhetoric and same tone and cadence as all other non-establishment Republicans? Did neurosurgery suddenly become a lower level class of intelligence, ala country music, anti-logic and Jesus-loving?

Are all logical, highly developed, critical thinking antitheistic Democrats bitter? Have you ever noticed how depressingly similiar all liberals sound?

How exactly are Ben Carson and Donald Trump any different? They make the same exact points and have the same exact positions about Obama, about illegal immigrants, about the "proper" role of government, about Islam, about climate change...the list goes on and on. Carson is slightly more tolerable because he's made his own way in this world while Trump is Trump but they are virtual carbon copies of one another. The only slight difference between the two is their tax policies: Carson favors lowering taxes, while Trump favors lowering taxes overall but has flirted with the idea of taxing other forms of revenue/assets like hedge funds....which I'm sure he'll back track from if he gets the nomination. But to suggest that either man has an actual tax plan (or any plan) is far-fetch'd. If Carson wasn't looking for free publicity, I'm not even sure he'd be in the race.

JesseDark
10/28/2015  7:32 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
addictinginfo.org
Top 10 Quotes That Prove Neurosurgeon Ben Carson Doesn’t Have The Brain To Be President
Stephen D Foster Jr

Dr. Ben Carson is now a Republican candidate for the presidency. With that, comes the media scrutiny that includes reviewing his past remarks and making him answer for them. As a neurosurgeon, Carson is no doubt brilliant. But his various statements during his foray into the world of politics demonstrate that he doesn’t have the brain necessary to run the country as president.

1. “There comes a time when people with values simply have to stand up. Think about Nazi Germany. Most of those people did not believe in what Hitler was doing. But did they speak up? Did they stand up for what they believe in? They did not, and you saw what happened.”
~Ben Carson, comparing Democrats to Nazis, January 2014.

2. “I mean, [America is] very much like Nazi Germany. And I know you’re not supposed to say ‘Nazi Germany,’ but I don’t care about political correctness. You know, you had a government using its tools to intimidate the population. We now live in a society where people are afraid to say what they actually believe.”
~Ben Carson, telling Breitbart News how America is like Nazi Germany because of liberals, March 2014.

3. “ObamaCare is the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery. In a way, it is slavery, because it is making all of us subservient to the government.”
~Ben Carson, comparing healthcare to slavery during the Values Voter Summit, October 2013.

4. “Because 9/11 is an isolated incident. Things that are isolated issues as opposed to things that fundamentally change the United Sates of America and shift power from the people to the government. That is a huge shift. You have to take a long-term look at something that fundamentally changes the power structure of America.”
~Ben Carson, claiming ObamaCare is worse than the 9/11 terrorist attacks that killed 3,000 Americans, June 2014.

5. “I think what’s happening with the veterans is a gift from God to show us what happens when you take layers and layers of bureaucracy and place them between the patients and the health care provider. And if we can’t get it right, with the relatively small number of veterans, how in the world are you going to do it with the entire population?”
~Ben Carson, thanking God for dead soldiers in an attack on ObamaCare amid the Veteran’s Affairs military healthcare scandal in which veterans died waiting for medical care, Memorial Day Weekend 2014.

6. “My thoughts are that marriage is between a man and a woman. It’s a well-established, fundamental pillar of society, and no group — be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality — it doesn’t matter what they are — they don’t get to change the definition.”
~Ben Carson, comparing same-sex marriage to bestiality and pedophilia, April 2013.

7. “Certainly there’s the potential because you have to recognize that we have a rapidly increasing national debt, a very unstable financial foundation, and you have all these things going on like the ISIS crisis that could very rapidly change things that are going on in our nation. And unless we begin to deal with these things in a comprehensive way and in a logical way there is no telling what could happen in just a couple of years.”
~Ben Carson, telling Fox News that President Obama might declare martial law and cancel the 2016 Election so he can continue being president, September 2014.

8. “I think most people when they finish that course, they’d be ready to go sign up for ISIS.”
~Ben Carson, claiming the AP History curriculum will cause students who learn about civil disobedience in this country to join a violent terrorist group, September 2014.

9. “Anyone caught involved in voter fraud should be immediately deported and have his citizenship revoked.”
~Ben Carson, advocating for stripping non-citizens of their no-existant American citizenship if they are caught voting, November 2014. NOTE: quote was later removed from Carson’s WND column.

10. “So if there were a container of contaminated urine, and somehow it managed to find its way to someplace a lot of damage could be done. Someone comes up to a lab worker. He knows he’s got the urine. ‘How would you like to have a million dollars?’ … Such things have been known to happen.”
~Ben Carson, fearmongering over Ebola by saying it could be used a biological weapon even though infectious disease experts disagree, August 2014.

If I needed brain surgery, Dr. Ben Carson is the guy I would want performing the operation because his experience in the field of neurosurgery is nearly unmatched. But I would not want him as President of the United States. The fact is, he has zero experience in government. At least President Obama had prior governing experience prior to winning his first term in office. He served as a state senator in Illinois for seven years and as a United States senator for three years, yet conservatives constantly gripe that Obama didn’t have enough experience to be president. By supporting Carson’s candidacy, conservatives would be committing hypocrisy.

Carson has no idea what it means to govern, and his consistent extremist rhetoric should disqualify him from ever being considered for a job as demanding and stressful as Commander-in-Chief. You can’t bring up the Nazi card to describe political opponents, compare gay people to pedophiles, thank God for dead soldiers, and fearmonger about a virus in an effort to cause panic in the nation and think that makes you perfectly qualified to lead and unite the whole population of the United States. Ben Carson is a fine neurosurgeon, but he would be a disastrous chief executive. These were just ten of his political quotes. Just imagine how many more we’ll be able to add to the list as Carson campaigns over the next two years.

This list is even funnier if you squint your eyes and try to talk like him as you read it. LOL
Bring back dee-fense
Ben carson--does anyone actually listen to him?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy