[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

K-Mart Really Is Fugazy
Author Thread
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
7/15/2004  12:56 PM
Rumor has it Kenyon wants to go West to avoid running into Tim Thomas on the street.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/15/2004  1:15 PM
LOL. No doubt 'Gazy is happy.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/15/2004  1:50 PM
Posted by eViL:

Rumor has it Kenyon wants to go West to avoid running into Tim Thomas on the street.
lol
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/15/2004  2:17 PM
hahahaha
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/15/2004  4:41 PM
Knicks_Fan
iGotNext
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #592
USA
7/15/2004  5:07 PM
ROFLMAO
I have a new name for my beloved Brickerbockers, the "Apple turnovers"
Ray15
Member: #668
7/16/2004  12:35 AM
Please, no more happy faces or 2nd grade aol lingo.

As for the thread, Tim Thomas is a New York Knick. He gives excitement, length, and youth from the 3 spot. When was the last time you saw a Knick drive the lane and elevate above the rim and slam it home in traffic like TT did this season for us a few times. I haven't seen that, aside from the Starks over MJ, from early 90s till TT. Sure, he has his flaws, but how can you bash a Knick.

As for the fugazy comments, he was trying to fire up his team that were getting their butts kicked in the playoffs and it backfired on him. I agree that it was crap that nobody shoved Kmart after that foul. IT WAS THE PLAYOFFS. What happened to the no-layup rule of the 90s. Throughout that whole series they didn't let us get a layup and we let them get to our rim unharmed. I specifically remember Marbury trying to carry us back, getting into the lane, and getting hammered. It was such a hard foul (not dirty) that he went into the lane the next time and missed a clean layup in fear of getting hit. This is what we should've done. I also remember Kerry Kittles ahead of the pack going up for a dunk and KT right next to him. KT just backed off. You have got to hammer him to the floor, make him earn his two points, and make him think about going into the lane again. Our supposed toughest player allowed a free layup.

We were, and still are, a fairly soft team. Hopefully Sweets, Marbury, Ariza, and whoever Isiah aquires will change that next season. In closing, TT should not have made those comments if he couldn't come back and play that series. At the time, however, I was happy he did. A teammate calling out other teammates to step up to the plate, be physical, and try to get back in the series. TT will come out next season with something to prove and maybe he will finally live up to the expectations.
Defense and Toughness
eViL
USA
7/16/2004  9:58 AM
Just for the record. I like TT.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/16/2004  10:19 AM
me too. nice post ray 15 btw.
rojasmas
Member: #639
7/17/2004  1:51 PM
Kudos to RAY 15. I know the others were just having a laugh but in all seriousness, I don't see why Thomas got such crap for making his comments. Don't want to rehash, but the foul by Collins was intentional and he wasn't going for the ball. He hit his arm by his shoulder, nowhere near his hand or the ball and he could have hurt TT real bad and even ended a career if he feel wrong. Magic Johnson even said he wasn't going for the ball on TNT. TT was pissed at his teammates and should have been. Hopefully, the weaker ones will be gone to Chicago soon, and the others shipped off to Golden State. As for Ken-yon, maybe he is Fugazy. TT didn't seem to be running from him, and he knows they will meet again. Maybe TT knows something we all don't, or else we might see a rematch of Tyson and Blood Green somewhere on a street corner in an NBA city, with the Tyson role as yet undetermined.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/17/2004  2:40 PM
Well, from my part I laughed because it was a funny comment, but I didn't really found it bashing Tim Thomas. In other threads Tim Thomas is called fugazy and thats bashing him. But I find that saying that K-Mart is afraid of running into Tim Thomas on the street is jusk a joke that doesn't bash TT. In fact, the one bashed here is K-Mart for being a coward. Just to explain my .

TT will come out next season with something to prove and maybe he will finally live up to the expectations.

I really hope so. What really surprised me about TT's comments was that he directed his attack to K-Mart, who I think wasn't directly involved in the controversial foul. We don't really know what exactly happened, though. Anyway, Im really interested in seeing how will Tim Thomas respond to what happened in the playoffs. If that doesn't make him shake off his tag of being an underachiever and work hard I don't know what else will. I know he is a Knick, and I really like him because he is still young and still has the potential to be a star if he wants, but if he doesn't get inspired by K-Mart, who I really dislike, and his trash-talking, I will be very dissapointed. He would only prove K-Mart was right, and that would be terrible.
Knicks_Fan
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
7/17/2004  3:19 PM
I agree that it was crap that nobody shoved Kmart after that foul.

It was Collins who fouled TT.

Not that Fugazy shouldn't have been shoved anyway for being an arrogant *****! I do think TT attacked the wrong person, but I agree with his tactic of trying to fire up the Knicks. The lack of guts the Knicks showed in that playoff series was sickening. The only Knick that seemed to stick up for himself was Frank Williams, one of the smaller, lesser talented, Knicks...go figure! The Knicks as a whole didn't seem to care that the Nets were making a mockery of them. Such pathetic efforts can not be tolerated next season.

As for TT, I like his athleticism, but if we can move him to improve the team, he should be moved.
eViL
USA
7/17/2004  3:53 PM
Damn. I didn't think I'd have to explain my joke, but I just wanted to say that Kenyon is the one I was making fun of here.

I hope TT has a career year next year.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
7/17/2004  4:24 PM
Posted by eViL:

Damn. I didn't think I'd have to explain my joke, but I just wanted to say that Kenyon is the one I was making fun of here.

I understand completely. I will always call "Kmart" Fugazy after that TT comment, but TT had a lot of nerve calling Fugazy a fugazy when he himself hasn't been much more than a fugazy his entire career! I hope TT shows his worth next season. Last season, he seemed to be injured an awful lot, which made it impossible for him to show what he can do. He showed flashes, but next season he needs to emerge as a legitimate scoring threat, get more rebounds, and (Putting LW's hatred of defense aside) play better defense.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/17/2004  5:47 PM
Posted by eViL:

I definately got it and it was funny as hell. I really did not see any TT bashing there. Good joke!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
7/18/2004  12:05 AM
I will always call "Kmart" Fugazy after that TT comment, but TT had a lot of nerve calling Fugazy a fugazy when he himself hasn't been much more than a fugazy his entire career!

ROFL, this was confusing as hell, fugazy calling fugazy a fugazy when he is the fugazy LOL
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/18/2004  12:15 AM
Gazy got bashed by his teamates and coaches for his comments. They were out of line and he sounded bad.

We can root for him to act better and play better. Knick fans can be upset with a player and just hope they grow from the experience. Stu Jax called him and told him to shut up!

TT got tagged with "Gazy", and we should stick it.
timmyTtop
Member: #680
7/19/2004  1:01 AM
Posted by NYKDUNK:

As for TT, I like his athleticism, but if we can move him to improve the team, he should be moved.

thats common sense, but if theres one starter that can improve from within, its TT... i would hesitate moving him more than anyone outside steph and sweets just because he has all the ingrediants for superstardom, if they can just motivate him to drive to the basket every time he gets the ball or clear out for him... he can score alot more with a lot more consistency, he can be a major threat... and an all star at least, i really respect him and how he tried to get the knicks fired up, i like that.. he's got leadershihp qualities that im sure will rub off on his teammates... afterall he did attack the basket when he got injured when they were down 24 with 3 mins left... he's got it in him, we just gotta make him shine more.
timmyTtop
Member: #680
7/19/2004  1:03 AM
Posted by NYKDUNK:

thats common sense, but if theres one starter that can improve from within, its TT... i would hesitate moving him more than anyone outside steph and sweets just because he has all the ingrediants for superstardom, if they can just motivate him to drive to the basket every time he gets the ball or clear out for him... he can score alot more with a lot more consistency, he can be a major threat... and an all star at least, i really respect him and how he tried to get the knicks fired up, i like that.. he's got leadershihp qualities that im sure will rub off on his teammates... afterall he did attack the basket when he got injured when they were down 24 with 3 mins left... he's got it in him, we just gotta make him shine more.
K-Mart Really Is Fugazy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy