[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Preseason Gamethread: BOS 7:30!
Author Thread
Knicks1969
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5915

10/16/2015  10:05 PM
I love this team
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/16/2015  10:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Maybe it's just me but this preseason seems different. They don't want to lose.

They've got some high character guys who want to win. I knew I'd like O'Quinn. Didn't think I'd love him this quickly.

Weirdly the guy I can't get much of a feel for yet is Lopez. But I think he'll be fine.

¿ △ ?
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

10/16/2015  10:10 PM
We have excellent leadership on the bench and on the court. That dude Oquyn is going to make a believer out of many things
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
WP76
Member: #4508

10/16/2015  10:14 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Maybe it's just me but this preseason seems different. They don't want to lose.

They've got some high character guys who want to win. I knew I'd like O'Quinn. Didn't think I'd love him this quickly.

Weirdly the guy I can't get much of a feel for yet is Lopez. But I think he'll be fine.

Lopez appears to be out of shape. I like what I've seen from him but he's got to stop getting gassed so early in games.

blkexec
Member: #748
Clean wrote:I will go on the record and say I was REALLY wrong when I did not like the D Will signing. He has been simply amazing so far.

Thank you for coming out the closet. If only there were other real men like yourself. D.Will was simply abused by knick fans since the day he signed. There was only a few of us that liked the signing.

He was playing like this towards the end of last season. That told me he just needed a new system, new coach (George Carl) to wake up and stop taking his skills for granted. D.Wills problem is sustaining this consistent play. I figured he would kill in preseason. But will he take the JR route, and let the city life get to him? Will Mello be a vocal leader off the court? Last year, Melo was not that guy, and JR did what he wanted to.

This team is still suspect, until we see this same effort midway throught he season.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
herkyJerky
Member: #6155
USA
Melo only scored 8 points tonight and we still won. Another good sign.
If it ain't broke, don't break it. - Charles 'The REAL Sir Charles' Oakley.
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

10/16/2015  10:19 PM
blkexec wrote:
Finestrg wrote:One thing I learned tonight -- His shot wasn't falling inside but Seraphin's a decent passer out of the post

Seraphin is a real sleeper. Too bad Q'quinn is playing great ball.

Hell of a problem to have

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/16/2015  10:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/16/2015  10:21 PM
herkyJerky wrote:Melo only scored 8 points tonight and we still won. Another good sign.

we shot 37% and won, that's an excellent sign

ES
blkexec
Member: #748
10/16/2015  10:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
herkyJerky wrote:Melo only scored 8 points tonight and we still won. Another good sign.

we shot 37% and won, that's an excellent sign

nice....that means we won with defense. It took almost 20 yrs to finally win by playing defense. And the good thing is not Melo scoring 8....Thats actually a bad thing. Because during the season, Melo would've continued to chuck up shots to get his average up, instead of walking away with only 8 pts. Hopefully I'm wrong and Melo has matured.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/16/2015  11:10 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:I love this team

I'd have to say this is the first time in a long time we have a complete team.. I love this team too minus Jose

Kemet
Member: #6148

10/16/2015  11:25 PM
D.Will got me eating 4 bars of preseason soap
O'Quinn consistency got me putting him in the Knicks starting lineup between Lopez n Melo
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/17/2015  8:31 AM
WP76 wrote:Will they stop the game to commemorate the milestone if Thomas makes a shot?
LMAO I almost spit my morning coffee out.. classic.

Good game. CAnthony said he thought he knew things last year that he didn't know. I think he's surrendered a bit to the coaching staff who have probably said if you want minutes in this league defend like its your only job and let the offense come to you. He can do that with this roster and he looked great last night. Impact minutes.
The squad looks good. They are aggressive. DWilliams might be a revelation.
You can tell the guys who have played enough to understand the value of a guy who can bully his opponent for his own shot. Your play ball for a couple hours. Your running all freakin day. When you can sit out an offensive possession and watch your teammate just bludgeon his way to a score its a thing of beauty. But you have guys here that are thinking Melo doesn't pass, or DWilliams doesn't pass... when you have those skill sets and you can plough your way to points its a real weapon. Like running Brandon Jacobs over and over again. Sure he may only be getting 3 yards but you wear down an opponent. I like the balance Im seeing with this. We run the offense sometimes, we play a quick two man game and slash, we attack early in the shot clock before defense can get set and yes, we will ISO and bludgeon your defender for buckets also.

This team has a good vibe. Its almost like they met in the offseason ahead of training camp to get in snych. I like this style of play.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
10/17/2015  8:46 AM
I think you can see the rotation forming
PG Jose
SG AA
SF MElo
PF KP
C Lopez
Bench: Grant, Galloway, KOQ, DWill
I think those are your nine and Fisher will want to set some certain line ups and rotations. Rather than swap guys around they will be cautious with player's health and give Sasha, Seraphin, Early, Lance, etc spot starts.

You figure Jose, Rolo, Melo, KP.. those guys are going to miss a handful of games so there are going to be nights where a guy who hasn't been in the rotation is suddenly getting 24 minutes a night. We saw this with Sheed, and Kurt Thomas during woodson's 54 win season.

Just a thought and something I could see Fisher doing. Its easier to manage and less disruptive to the roles your trying to set up early on

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/17/2015  10:37 AM
fishmike wrote:I think you can see the rotation forming
PG Jose
SG AA
SF MElo
PF KP
C Lopez
I think those are your nine and Fisher will want to set some certain line ups and rotations. Rather than swap guys around they will be cautious with player's health and give Sasha, Seraphin, Early, Lance, etc spot starts.

You figure Jose, Rolo, Melo, KP.. those guys are going to miss a handful of games so there are going to be nights where a guy who hasn't been in the rotation is suddenly getting 24 minutes a night. We saw this with Sheed, and Kurt Thomas during woodson's 54 win season.

Just a thought and something I could see Fisher doing. Its easier to manage and less disruptive to the roles your trying to set up early on

I can see Sasha and Seraphin getting regular minutes...just don't know how much. I even see Early pushing his case for nightly minutes. This is actually turning out to be a pretty deep roster.

Things always seem to settle in as a season progresses, and some players rise while others fall, but it seems to me that we have a lot of players with legitimate claims to some rotational time.

That game last night had a middle of the season feel to it...I don't think any of the players were in exhibition game mode, although the coaches limited the playing time for certain starters.

I think Sasha and Early made a cases for themselves yesterday, and I think Fisher likes Seraphin's bulk in the middle, and when he's on, he has a better post game that O'Quinn, IMO.

Injuries and rest will lead to spot starts, but I think if we have early success with a larger rotation, and guys seem to accept it, we might see more of it, despite the fact that many around here would prefer a smaller group getting regular minutes.

Nice problem to have, though.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh
Member: #1081

10/17/2015  10:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2015  11:05 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
PG Jose
SG AA
SF MElo
PF KP
C Lopez

I can see Sasha and Seraphin getting regular minutes...just don't know how much. I even see Early pushing his case for nightly minutes. This is actually turning out to be a pretty deep roster.

Things always seem to settle in as a season progresses, and some players rise while others fall, but it seems to me that we have a lot of players with legitimate claims to some rotational time.

That game last night had a middle of the season feel to it...I don't think any of the players were in exhibition game mode, although the coaches limited the playing time for certain starters.

I think Sasha and Early made a cases for themselves yesterday, and I think Fisher likes Seraphin's bulk in the middle, and when he's on, he has a better post game that O'Quinn, IMO.

Injuries and rest will lead to spot starts, but I think if we have early success with a larger rotation, and guys seem to accept it, we might see more of it, despite the fact that many around here would prefer a smaller group getting regular minutes.

Seraphin will get minutes indeed...Also, if Early is going to play defense and be disruptive like that, he needs minutes..Dude is athletic, he just need confidence...
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/17/2015  11:34 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
PG Jose
SG AA
SF MElo
PF KP
C Lopez

agreed on both posts. I still see Seraphin as a bit of a black hole, could just be because he hasn't had time to get into game flow. Haven't seen enough of him on the defensive side of things. For all of the praise he has gotten from posters, he hasn't shown enough for me but it is early.

I don't know why but I like Early's activity, even when he is messing up. It just seems like he is going all out even if it is a boneheaded play. His jumpshot is slow but he moves very well. Love the fact that he chanced his body this past offseason. Can't wait to see what he does this season and next offseason. I just like the way he fits in off the bench with Gallo, Grant, DWill, running and moving fast, trapping and knowing his playing time depends on what he does on the defensive end of things.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
USA
10/17/2015  11:40 AM
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
PG Jose
SG AA
SF MElo
PF KP
C Lopez

agreed on both posts. I still see Seraphin as a bit of a black hole, could just be because he hasn't had time to get into game flow. Haven't seen enough of him on the defensive side of things. For all of the praise he has gotten from posters, he hasn't shown enough for me but it is early.

I don't know why but I like Early's activity, even when he is messing up. It just seems like he is going all out even if it is a boneheaded play. His jumpshot is slow but he moves very well. Love the fact that he chanced his body this past offseason. Can't wait to see what he does this season and next offseason. I just like the way he fits in off the bench with Gallo, Grant, DWill, running and moving fast, trapping and knowing his playing time depends on what he does on the defensive end of things.

thing is Early is a good offensive player, the athleticism he's showing on defense is impressive, and if that's back by simply a good feel for the game on offense then its going to be hard to keep him out of the rotation. Sasha sits? Hard to play 12 guys...
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/17/2015  12:11 PM
Early is going to be on the scouting charts now,it will be interesting to see how he responds when other teams zero in on him.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/17/2015  12:14 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
PG Jose
SG AA
SF MElo
PF KP
C Lopez

thing is Early is a good offensive player, the athleticism he's showing on defense is impressive, and if that's back by simply a good feel for the game on offense then its going to be hard to keep him out of the rotation. Sasha sits? Hard to play 12 guys...

Agree with what you're saying, particularly about Seraphin. Seraphin actually reminds me a bit of Eddy Curry so far - clearly solid in the post but with no ability to pass out or read defenses.

And given that this team hasn't yet had its full roster available for a single pre-season game, I think the playing time for 12 guys won't be an issue. We have some injury risks in those 12. I think there will always be a nagging injury here and there. Having depth means we can address it properly and give the players the proper rest.

¿ △ ?
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/17/2015  3:06 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Early is going to be on the scouting charts now,it will be interesting to see how he responds when other teams zero in on him.

He's coming off the bench. teams wont be zeroing in on him.
Preseason Gamethread: BOS 7:30!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy